Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Houston Rockets - 3/20/2019

Great game.  Count me in with those who hate to tank, hate to lose.

Jonas...great game.  A few too many turnovers when he dribbled too much, but I like how he attacks when they're defending him with a smaller man.

Mike...great game.  Clutch, stable and in control the whole night.  You can't underestimate how important that is for the younger players on your team.

Delon... he's a very capable backup, but shouldn't be the starting PG.  Makes a few too many mental mistakes (not switching on to Harden which led to Holiday fouling Harden).  But he did a lot of good things tonight.

Holiday...been saying for a while, he is too small (skinny, weak) to guard SF (not to mention big SG's).  Made a couple of really boneheaded plays, but he is a clutch FT shooter and hit a couple late, which contributed to the win.

Bruno...I recently referred to him being dumb as a brick.  But he played really well tonight.  As someone else mentioned, he plays some good defense at times and that was really on display tonight.

Noah...I love this guy's energy.  It's irritating as hell when he plays for the other team, but great when he's one of ours.

Dorsey... he's definitely a near the end of bench player, but I like him and think he can get better.  He did some good things tonight, but also had a couple of mental errors (there was one time in the 4th when he should have switched on to Harden and the result was either a foul or a wide open shot).  Good on rhythm 3's.

Parsons...I hope his knees hold out through the end of the year.  I forgot he was once a pretty damned good player.  Call me crazy but I was glad he was in the game late, because we needed his veteran presence when our young guys were panicking.  Anyways, I want his knees to hold out because I think he will be easier to trade if teams see him as serviceable and not just as a dead weight expiring contract.

Did I mention I hate the Rockets?

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Why would anyone want to get rid of Bruno at this point? Coming off one of his best games, where he did a little of everything and played 42 minutes? That's mind boggling. Not saying he's a star, but he still has so much untapped potential. 

Part of this fanbase is really odd as if they've had Curry and Lebron playing for them previously, every contributing player is either trade asset or **** to them.

9 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

So cool.... This team is so fun to watch. But not recommended for people with weak heart.

Worry not. If you get season tickets you get a free pacemaker.

9 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

come 

ON!

really?

got me in here replying to myself

again?

EVERYTIME we lose ... this place is lit.

threads popping up all over the place 

We SCRAP and get a VERY HARD FOUGHT W ...

and you can hear crickets fart in here...

where IS EVERYBODY ?!?!?!?!?

I was at the game. 

And at halftime I was waiting for someone in the rain who never showed.  😉

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I was at the game. 

And at halftime I was waiting for someone in the rain who never showed.  😉

Sooo... this is what we’re doing now? 

i messed up - my bad ! 

🤪

It's hard to figure this team out, they let bottom dwellers beat them then they beat one of the best teams in the league. Maybe it's JB, when you have limited guys to play, they play better because he can't be switching guys in and out all the time. I think JV got the most minutes last night that he has gotten since he came to the Grizz, it was good to see him getting the ball a lot. If they can use screens to get smaller guys on him, like they did last night, why can't they do that all the time? Bad coaching?

hace 18 horas, smit-tay griz dijo:

Nah, no way.  I gotta disagree.  The Nets game was good, but this was Harden and Chris freakin' whiny butt Paul.  I realized that I'm over my dislike of the Clippers now that their team has changed.  I even tried to tell myself that ChrisPaul didn't bother me anymore too. But everytime I see his whining mug on the floor I can't help it.  I've been watching NBA basketball since the mid sixties, and in those 50+ years of watching I realize there has never been a player I disliked more than Chris Paul.  Every game we win against his team is great!

Your description and such sincere dislike of Paul made me chuckle :)
I think I will now look at his game more closely to see what's so annoying about him :D

25 minutes ago, the paleface said:

I think I will now look at his game more closely to see what's so annoying about him :D

This should help you get started in your education. He's one of the most blatant floppers in the game which is too bad because with his talent he doesn't need to be a flopper. 

hace 9 minutos, chipc3 dijo:

so many teams could have been great, but were ruined by a bad leadership. Or bad leader.
I think Memphis has a great spirit, they look relaxed and victory driven at the same time. Conley looks a decent guy.. is he? Is he a leader type? Not stat wise.

3 minutes ago, the paleface said:

so many teams could have been great, but were ruined by a bad leadership. Or bad leader.
I think Memphis has a great spirit, they look relaxed and victory driven at the same time. Conley looks a decent guy.. is he? Is he a leader type? Not stat wise.

That depends on who you ask. No player has ever spoken poorly about Mike except Kyle Lowry and that was early in both of their careers and Lowry lost his starting job to Mike. 

Oh and welcome to the boards. 

hace 32 minutos, chipc3 dijo:

That depends on who you ask. No player has ever spoken poorly about Mike except Kyle Lowry and that was early in both of their careers and Lowry lost his starting job to Mike. 

Oh and welcome to the boards. 

Thank you.
I know Parsons has an unjustifiably large contract, but if I ignore that, he looks such a cool guy, a relaxed and cool personality. Just from watching several full Grizzlies games. Maybe i'm wrong, it's just an impression I had, but i kind of liked him : )
And hey, he hit those huge triples last night :)

2 hours ago, the paleface said:

Thank you.
I know Parsons has an unjustifiably large contract, but if I ignore that, he looks such a cool guy, a relaxed and cool personality. Just from watching several full Grizzlies games. Maybe i'm wrong, it's just an impression I had, but i kind of liked him : )
And hey, he hit those huge triples last night :)

Parsons lost a lot of goodwill with the fans here when he posted that he was going to “Chancun” during the All-Star break a few years ago when he was supposed to be getting back into shape so he could earn his contract. That and he was wearing a Charlotte jersey to boot.

He’s made quite a few other faux pas such as asking girls to expose themselves to him on Twitter and Instagram among other things. He just acted like a spoiled child who hit it big and didn’t care to earn what he had been given. It didn’t sit well with many fans of the team. He topped it off this season with his belief that he was too good to get back into game shape with the Hustle and left for LA instead.

It’s nice he’s finally contributing something but overall he has been a huge problem and hurt the team’s opportunity to be more after he was signed.

On 3/21/2019 at 4:22 PM, the paleface said:

Start with flopping and whining to the refs, then you can move up from there.