I❤️JV

DO YOU WANT JV TO OPT IN?

Recommended Posts

99% of all basketball pundits in Lithuania are sure that JV will opt in, plays one season with Memphis and leaves with good long term contract for a playoffs team.JV could sign with Memphis as well. People close to JV are 100% sure, under any circumstances JV will sign long term contract this offseason.

JV will stay in Memphis for a year if nothing better or close to 17m a year is on offer from a team when he could start.Dallas possibly going to pay him 17m to play him with Luca and Kristaps.

I would like to ask you (Memphis fans) 

1. Do you need him as 1 year rental for 17m?

2 Do you want him?

3. Do you play him this year and endangering your pick?

4. Is JV what you expected or better/worse?

5. Toronto boards exploding with disappointment with Marc's play so far and feel that Toronto got worse deal by far.Do you think you get better deal than Toronto?

6 Looking forward to all JV's Memphis games and will support Memphis till i die, or till JV is no longer a Grizzle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

99% of all basketball pundits in Lithuania are sure that JV will opt in, plays one season with Memphis and leaves with good long term contract for a playoffs team.JV could sign with Memphis as well. People close to JV are 100% sure, under any circumstances JV will sign long term contract this offseason.

JV will stay in Memphis for a year if nothing better or close to 17m a year is on offer from a team when he could start.Dallas possibly going to pay him 17m to play him with Luca and Kristaps.

I would like to ask you (Memphis fans) 

1. Do you need him as 1 year rental for 17m?

2 Do you want him?

3. Do you play him this year and endangering your pick?

4. Is JV what you expected or better/worse?

5. Toronto boards exploding with disappointment with Marc's play so far and feel that Toronto got worse deal by far.Do you think you get better deal than Toronto?

6 Looking forward to all JV's Memphis games and will support Memphis till i die, or till JV is no longer a Grizzle. 

The grizzlies got a great deal. I'm not sure where Marc's head is at right now, so I can't tell you how good it will be or how difficult it will be to see results with Marc at this point. 

I wish I could be positive, but Marc was really bad in memphis ever since zbo left and tony was gone. He is just a really thinned-skinned guy who believes he knows more than anybody else about basketball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies got a great deal. I'm not sure where Marc's head is at right now, so I can't tell you how good it will be or how difficult it will be to see results with Marc at this point. 

I wish I could be positive, but Marc was really bad in memphis ever since zbo left and tony was gone. He is just a really thinned-skinned guy who believes he knows more than anybody else about basketball.  

Marc is a problem for Toronto chemistry wise, but fans holding the judgment until the playoffs. JV was most popular Raptor and always had another gear in playoffs. If Marc underperforms in the playoffs, he will quickly becomes a scapegoat and least popular Raptor ever.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got the better deal because we got a lot deeper with delon and JV, plus JV has been very good and does exactly what's asked of him (guard physical bigs, score in the post, and rebound). He's 8 years younger, and he's efficient as well. I'm sure (assuming we don't try to trade him) that's he is a part of the future for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Yes

2. Up to 15m/y - yes; 16 or higher - no

3. Our goal is to win every game left. We aren’t tanking.

4.  He is a great surprise so far. 

5. We f...d Toronto up.

6. We don’t give a f..k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

99% of all basketball pundits in Lithuania are sure that JV will opt in, plays one season with Memphis and leaves with good long term contract for a playoffs team.JV could sign with Memphis as well. People close to JV are 100% sure, under any circumstances JV will sign long term contract this offseason.

JV will stay in Memphis for a year if nothing better or close to 17m a year is on offer from a team when he could start.Dallas possibly going to pay him 17m to play him with Luca and Kristaps.

I would like to ask you (Memphis fans) 

1. Do you need him as 1 year rental for 17m?

2 Do you want him?

3. Do you play him this year and endangering your pick?

4. Is JV what you expected or better/worse?

5. Toronto boards exploding with disappointment with Marc's play so far and feel that Toronto got worse deal by far.Do you think you get better deal than Toronto?

6 Looking forward to all JV's Memphis games and will support Memphis till i die, or till JV is no longer a Grizzle. 

I think he avg 20 pts 10 reb a game you should know my answers and he only 26 years old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

99% of all basketball pundits in Lithuania are sure that JV will opt in, plays one season with Memphis and leaves with good long term contract for a playoffs team.JV could sign with Memphis as well. People close to JV are 100% sure, under any circumstances JV will sign long term contract this offseason.

JV will stay in Memphis for a year if nothing better or close to 17m a year is on offer from a team when he could start.Dallas possibly going to pay him 17m to play him with Luca and Kristaps.

I would like to ask you (Memphis fans) 

1. Do you need him as 1 year rental for 17m?

2 Do you want him?

3. Do you play him this year and endangering your pick?

4. Is JV what you expected or better/worse?

5. Toronto boards exploding with disappointment with Marc's play so far and feel that Toronto got worse deal by far.Do you think you get better deal than Toronto?

6 Looking forward to all JV's Memphis games and will support Memphis till i die, or till JV is no longer a Grizzle. 

1. Not sure, since I have only been a Grizzlies fan since the trade. JV was my favourite Raptor and I liked Delon.

2. From what I've seen on this Board, the majority want him to stay.

3. Yes. 

4. Different team, same JV. He plays his heart out, he plays to win and is the ULTIMATE team guy. He improves his game every year and at 26 years old is now going into his prime years.

5. In the Raptors last game against the Pelicans, Marc started but got benched 4.5 minutes into the 1st quarter! JV, Delon, CJ and a pick for Marc - yeah I think the Grizzlies won that deal. At least at this time. We'll see what Marc does in the playoffs. I watch all the Raptors games and I have not been impressed with Marc's play so far, at least compared to what JV is doing for the Grizzlies.

6. When JV was traded I immediately got NBA League Pass and have watched all the Grizzlies games since then. The new look Grizzlies team has been fun to watch, the players are having fun and they seem to be creating a real buzz in Memphis. I'm waiting to see if JV stays in Memphis. If so, I may become a full time Grizzlies only fan. Btw, if you haven't seen some of my other posts, JV said in an interview last week that he used a day off last week to go house shopping in Memphis. Hmmm ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Marc is a problem for Toronto chemistry wise, but fans holding the judgment until the playoffs. JV was most popular Raptor and always had another gear in playoffs. If Marc underperforms in the playoffs, he will quickly becomes a scapegoat and least popular Raptor ever.    

Especially when they have to shell out 25 mill next year for his option year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

99% of all basketball pundits in Lithuania are sure that JV will opt in, plays one season with Memphis and leaves with good long term contract for a playoffs team.JV could sign with Memphis as well. People close to JV are 100% sure, under any circumstances JV will sign long term contract this offseason.

JV will stay in Memphis for a year if nothing better or close to 17m a year is on offer from a team when he could start.Dallas possibly going to pay him 17m to play him with Luca and Kristaps.

I would like to ask you (Memphis fans) 

1. Do you need him as 1 year rental for 17m?

2 Do you want him?

3. Do you play him this year and endangering your pick?

4. Is JV what you expected or better/worse?

5. Toronto boards exploding with disappointment with Marc's play so far and feel that Toronto got worse deal by far.Do you think you get better deal than Toronto?

6 Looking forward to all JV's Memphis games and will support Memphis till i die, or till JV is no longer a Grizzle. 

1) Yes assuming the franchise wants to win next season. Personally I’d like him to re-sign for more years st a lower annual cost.

2) Personally I like JV and would love him to opt out of his current contract and re-sign longer term at a more franchise friendly price tag.

3) The franchise has made it clear they want to convey the pick this year.

4) He’s exactly what I expected. Extremely good offensive player who’s extremely limited on defense.

5) Yes

6) We will as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Especially if we can keep Noah too as his backup.  Especially if Jaren/Bruno are the forwards that fit next to Jonas.  Along with Rabb, I think front court rotation is set.  Even Slo Mo looks more like a 'point center' off the bench than anything.  He can be Boris Diaw 2.0.

The Grizzlies are at least attempting to play inspiring basketball and I can see us moving off the pick.  

'Internal development' might be the buzzword (Ok, TWO words) going forward.  

Probably that and Moneyball draft picks.  This year might be top heavy so even if we get a pick at 3 or 4 we still might not get a superstar.  I might say that about 2020, too.  Ja Morant and RJ Barrett are spared super-high but you pretty much need to give them the keys to the program from day 1.  Other than that you have a bunch of boom/bust bigs (and maybe even less boomy and more busty than last season's boom/bust bigs) and wings by the dozen.  Zion Williamson is super fun to watch as a roly-poly force of nature but so was John Belushi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am almost sure JV will opt in and play his heart out (he always does) for a new contract.(You do not house hunt, if you intend to leave). In Toronto JV was always underappreciated. Among fans he was/is firm number one. Even now, long after the trade, majority of posts on Raptors Republic (by far best Raptors fan site)is about JV. People are mad and calling for GM's head.Marc was a disappointment and after Raptors crash and burn in playoffs, will be scapegoat number one. It is refreshing to see JV getting enough touches and beasting on opposing centers. From what i saw in JV's games for the Memphis, it is possibility to win in a ping pong balls and next season be in a playoffs.Did not saw enough of 3J to understand all the love for him.Is not like he is Luka.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, GameOn said:

1. Not sure, since I have only been a Grizzlies fan since the trade. JV was my favourite Raptor and I liked Delon.

2. From what I've seen on this Board, the majority want him to stay.

3. Yes. 

4. Different team, same JV. He plays his heart out, he plays to win and is the ULTIMATE team guy. He improves his game every year and at 26 years old is now going into his prime years.

5. In the Raptors last game against the Pelicans, Marc started but got benched 4.5 minutes into the 1st quarter! JV, Delon, CJ and a pick for Marc - yeah I think the Grizzlies won that deal. At least at this time. We'll see what Marc does in the playoffs. I watch all the Raptors games and I have not been impressed with Marc's play so far, at least compared to what JV is doing for the Grizzlies.

6. When JV was traded I immediately got NBA League Pass and have watched all the Grizzlies games since then. The new look Grizzlies team has been fun to watch, the players are having fun and they seem to be creating a real buzz in Memphis. I'm waiting to see if JV stays in Memphis. If so, I may become a full time Grizzlies only fan. Btw, if you haven't seen some of my other posts, JV said in an interview last week that he used a day off last week to go house shopping in Memphis. Hmmm ...

R U HIVE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lot's of teams ready to go all in so i'm kind of worried he opts out and get a nice offer from a team that wants to contend and has $$ to blow and overpay .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marc'll be fine once Nurse stops messing with the lineups. Decide on a starter n lock it in already. Ibaka should be starting cuz he struggles much worse than Marc when he comes off the bench.

As for us there's not going to be a better option at center than JV. Even if they wanted to go into training camp with JJJ as the starter, we'd still need another legit guy that can play the 5. Rabb is better off at PF. So it's either resign Noah, would be nice but doubt it happens, a contender will come along n offer him a deal. In the draft there's noone except Bruce Fernando or Charles Bassey who eh, I rather them try to get Wiseman next year. Free agent options aren't much better lookin at the list. Would be a dream to get Vucevic but not happening. Looney or Zubac would be nice. WCS n Thomas Bryant are restricted. Not much there in trades either, I like Dwight Powell I dunno who else we could really get.

Not only that, but the trade will look that much worse for us if we just let JV go. Gotta do whatever we can to convince him to stay, atleast for the next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, russian grizzly said:

1. Yes

2. Up to 15m/y - yes; 16 or higher - no

3. Our goal is to win every game left. We aren’t tanking.

4.  He is a great surprise so far. 

5. We f...d Toronto up.

6. We don’t give a f..k. 

LOL

I agree with this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cdp said:

Marc'll be fine once Nurse stops messing with the lineups. Decide on a starter n lock it in already. Ibaka should be starting cuz he struggles much worse than Marc when he comes off the bench.

As for us there's not going to be a better option at center than JV. Even if they wanted to go into training camp with JJJ as the starter, we'd still need another legit guy that can play the 5. Rabb is better off at PF. So it's either resign Noah, would be nice but doubt it happens, a contender will come along n offer him a deal. In the draft there's noone except Bruce Fernando or Charles Bassey who eh, I rather them try to get Wiseman next year. Free agent options aren't much better lookin at the list. Would be a dream to get Vucevic but not happening. Looney or Zubac would be nice. WCS n Thomas Bryant are restricted. Not much there in trades either, I like Dwight Powell I dunno who else we could really get.

Not only that, but the trade will look that much worse for us if we just let JV go. Gotta do whatever we can to convince him to stay, atleast for the next year.

Marc will never be fine again. He is not running to the rim at all. Which means he is as limited as Frank Kaminski but with defence and playmaking. Meaning he is an improved or a high end but still version of Frank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Marc is a problem for Toronto chemistry wise, but fans holding the judgment until the playoffs. JV was most popular Raptor and always had another gear in playoffs. If Marc underperforms in the playoffs, he will quickly becomes a scapegoat and least popular Raptor ever.    

I think Nurse is holding Marc out of the starters partly because Ibaka sucks off the bench,  but also because he doesn't want opponents to build up footage of how they are going to use Marc with the starters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JV is house hunting in Memphis and Mark Cuban is going to run for President...LOL and not sure either is relevant in March 2019...maybe in August or September...in the mean time lets play out the season and see if the chemistry and JV's game continues to progress or will he or has he hit a wall?  His D down low is above average and his D on the perimeter needs to get better...his equalizer which he hasn't shown before is shot blocking...havn't seen that consistency in his game...u can see the advance scouting from teams noting this and they appear to be changing their shots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

99% of all basketball pundits in Lithuania are sure that JV will opt in, plays one season with Memphis and leaves with good long term contract for a playoffs team.JV could sign with Memphis as well. People close to JV are 100% sure, under any circumstances JV will sign long term contract this offseason.

JV will stay in Memphis for a year if nothing better or close to 17m a year is on offer from a team when he could start.Dallas possibly going to pay him 17m to play him with Luca and Kristaps.

I would like to ask you (Memphis fans) 

1. Do you need him as 1 year rental for 17m?

2 Do you want him?

3. Do you play him this year and endangering your pick?

4. Is JV what you expected or better/worse?

5. Toronto boards exploding with disappointment with Marc's play so far and feel that Toronto got worse deal by far.Do you think you get better deal than Toronto?

6 Looking forward to all JV's Memphis games and will support Memphis till i die, or till JV is no longer a Grizzle. 

1 & 2. Better to have him for 1-year than none.  Prefer him to sign longer deal on solid deal that won't kill the Grizzlies.  I think a 4 year deal for $53-58 million is what he will get.  I would understand if he wanted to play in Dallas with Porzingis, but I'm not sure what playoff team is needing a center like him right now, but I could see him wanting to play in meaningful games from March - May.  

5.  It was good for Memphis, and we'll see if it was good for Toronto.  It's funny now that much of Toronto's team is guys that started in Western Conference and moved East (Gasol, Ibaka, Lowry, Leonard, McCaw, D. Green), but a good chunk of Memphis's team is now guys that started in Eastern Conference and moved West.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JV, JJJ, Noah and Rabb is a pretty good 4/5 rotation.

Hope the young ones can improve and we can keep the vets to see what they can actually do together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now