I❤️JV

DO YOU WANT JV TO OPT IN?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Opt in to trade him. Solid offensive player but poor fit for the new NBA because of his defense.

I am not opposed to having him stay, though is defense is not good...he does rebound and put the ball in the basket at a good rate.  You can live with that....it comes down to what you have him for, what someone is willing to give you, and what else you have available to fill similar roles. 

Honestly, that is my answer for pretty much any player in a Grizz uni right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, Gradey said:

I am not opposed to having him stay, though is defense is not good...he does rebound and put the ball in the basket at a good rate.  You can live with that....it comes down to what you have him for, what someone is willing to give you, and what else you have available to fill similar roles. 

Honestly, that is my answer for pretty much any player in a Grizz uni right now. 

After watching Gasol for a month now I'm not sure how you can say that Gasol is a better defender at this point of his career. Was, of course, right now he's JV 2.0 when it comes to slowness. He barely challenges/contests as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

After watching Gasol for a month now I'm not sure how you can say that Gasol is a better defender at this point of his career. Was, of course, right now he's JV 2.0 when it comes to slowness. He barely challenges/contests as well.

I want JJJ at the 5 in the future. He should be the slowest guy on the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dwash said:

I want JJJ at the 5 in the future. He should be the slowest guy on the court.

100% agree. 

Memphis is n a good position with JV. He opts-in, we get a good tradeable asset. He opts-out, we get 17m out of our books. Win-win. The only bad option is to resign him. But it is so obvious that I don`t count it as a real risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow russian grizzlie hasn't dealt well with Lithuanian team beating the russians for bronze at olympics with their tie dye grateful dead warm-ups...get over it...and the best result is for the Grizz to resign JV for 1+3 at $15M/per.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opt in and trade him. Maybe I am spoiled after years of Gasol, but I am sick and tired of watching everyone in the world drive to the bucket and lay the ball in as easily as if I were playing against my 4 year olds kiddie basketball team. 😕 

We have no rim protection on the court at all right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 8:52 AM, RandomGuy said:

After watching Gasol for a month now I'm not sure how you can say that Gasol is a better defender at this point of his career. Was, of course, right now he's JV 2.0 when it comes to slowness. He barely challenges/contests as well.

I said zilch about Gasol...nothing at all.


**********************
am not opposed to having him stay, though is defense is not good...he does rebound and put the ball in the basket at a good rate.  You can live with that....it comes down to what you have him for, what someone is willing to give you, and what else you have available to fill similar roles. 


Honestly, that is my answer for pretty much any player in a Grizz uni right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now