I❤️JV

DO YOU WANT JV TO OPT IN?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies got a great deal. I'm not sure where Marc's head is at right now, so I can't tell you how good it will be or how difficult it will be to see results with Marc at this point. 

I wish I could be positive, but Marc was really bad in memphis ever since zbo left and tony was gone. He is just a really thinned-skinned guy who believes he knows more than anybody else about basketball.  

once the news broke about  marc rescueing people in the middle of the ocean...i knew his priority in like was no longer bball...wouldnt be surprised if he plays out his contract and retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, i think JV is even better player atm than Marc. He is still young and improving. Marc is in his sunset of nba carrier, for J-Val still remains 8 years of productivity, later we will see. Memphis has a monster deal here to get Valanciunas, and of course bad for Raptors. +Delon. and CJ. CJ also sunset player, delon can be good role player. J-Val i think will be all-star in nearest future. If he will be in memphis next year i predict he's stats as : 19.5 - 21PPG , 10,2RB, 2,3 ASIST, 1,35 BLK . and it could be fair enought for all-star.

J-Val is a team player, he isn't gold digger, so i think he could take that 17million and in another year make 5-4 years deal with grizzlies. (why - cause his mentalitet isn't for hunt a title, but for do what he can for a team)  And that would be a great deal for grizzlies, not like parsons.. J-val in starting, Noah at backup. But remember that noahs best years are also gone. Noah could be productive max 1-2 years. atm i think grizzlies need good SF, or to deal conley for PG and SF. And to keep Val for sure.

J-Val was very underated in Toronto, when Marc came to toronto ant Val to memphis, we clearly see how both of them plays, think Toronto now ungry on Gm to get Marc for Val. Bad for them, future for grizzlies :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Oh, so you not from Raptors Republic?

No. When I go to a Raptors forum, it's the RealGM forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cdp said:

Marc'll be fine once Nurse stops messing with the lineups. Decide on a starter n lock it in already. Ibaka should be starting cuz he struggles much worse than Marc when he comes off the bench.

As for us there's not going to be a better option at center than JV. Even if they wanted to go into training camp with JJJ as the starter, we'd still need another legit guy that can play the 5. Rabb is better off at PF. So it's either resign Noah, would be nice but doubt it happens, a contender will come along n offer him a deal. In the draft there's noone except Bruce Fernando or Charles Bassey who eh, I rather them try to get Wiseman next year. Free agent options aren't much better lookin at the list. Would be a dream to get Vucevic but not happening. Looney or Zubac would be nice. WCS n Thomas Bryant are restricted. Not much there in trades either, I like Dwight Powell I dunno who else we could really get.

Not only that, but the trade will look that much worse for us if we just let JV go. Gotta do whatever we can to convince him to stay, atleast for the next year.

Should Nurse start Ibaka or Gasol in the playoffs? Or should it be based on matchups. If Nurse starts Ibaka in every game of the playoffs, the fans will go crazy. But I agree with you, Ibaka is playing better overall than Gasol right now. Problem with Ibaka is that he will play good for a stretch, then at other times he will play like a clueless scrub.

Just watching JV in games and in interviews, he looks like he's happy playing for Memphis. My gut feeling is that he wants to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, meninesiela said:

Hello, i think JV is even better player atm than Marc. He is still young and improving. Marc is in his sunset of nba carrier, for J-Val still remains 8 years of productivity, later we will see. Memphis has a monster deal here to get Valanciunas, and of course bad for Raptors. +Delon. and CJ. CJ also sunset player, delon can be good role player. J-Val i think will be all-star in nearest future. If he will be in memphis next year i predict he's stats as : 19.5 - 21PPG , 10,2RB, 2,3 ASIST, 1,35 BLK . and it could be fair enought for all-star.

J-Val is a team player, he isn't gold digger, so i think he could take that 17million and in another year make 5-4 years deal with grizzlies. (why - cause his mentalitet isn't for hunt a title, but for do what he can for a team)  And that would be a great deal for grizzlies, not like parsons.. J-val in starting, Noah at backup. But remember that noahs best years are also gone. Noah could be productive max 1-2 years. atm i think grizzlies need good SF, or to deal conley for PG and SF. And to keep Val for sure.

J-Val was very underated in Toronto, when Marc came to toronto ant Val to memphis, we clearly see how both of them plays, think Toronto now ungry on Gm to get Marc for Val. Bad for them, future for grizzlies :)

Good to see more JV fans coming to this board. Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

once the news broke about  marc rescueing people in the middle of the ocean...i knew his priority in like was no longer bball...wouldnt be surprised if he plays out his contract and retires.

thats silly lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i.m HOPING.  you have that HEART on your message about J,V you are a FEMALE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lions said:

i.m HOPING.  you have that HEART on your message about J,V you are a FEMALE

these days one can only hope lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had pretty low expectations for JV so he has way surpassed my wildest dreams. Having said that I do not exactly think he is a piece for this team's window of contention. His prime would seem to be right now so I can see him wanting to go somewhere else to try and compete.

As a sidenote it is cool have a guy with this many player fans again. It seems like we haven't had that since the Darko/Hadaddi days. Brings some added life to the boards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy I took a peak at the boards and they are really hating Gasol in Toronto. Looks useless on a team that isnt running every play for him. No more excuses about how bad his team is, no more stat padding with high usage. Downhill just came fast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dwash said:

Boy I took a peak at the boards and they are really hating Gasol in Toronto. Looks useless on a team that isnt running every play for him. No more excuses about how bad his team is, no more stat padding with high usage. Downhill just came fast.

 

Gasol looks awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Boy I took a peak at the boards and they are really hating Gasol in Toronto. Looks useless on a team that isnt running every play for him. No more excuses about how bad his team is, no more stat padding with high usage. Downhill just came fast.

 

I wouldn't want it to end like that for him.  Hope he does show some life in the playoffs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

I had pretty low expectations for JV so he has way surpassed my wildest dreams. Having said that I do not exactly think he is a piece for this team's window of contention. His prime would seem to be right now so I can see him wanting to go somewhere else to try and compete.

 

Yea most of the guys we picked up are in right in there primes (delon, Kyle, Avery, and Jonas.   If Conley continues playing at a high level and our other guys come back healthy.   There is no reason why we can't be another Utah type of success story.    There roster isn't better than ours talent-wise.     

Jonas is a good fit and greatly helps.  I'd prefer they work out a way to resign him to save money in order to keep the other guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

I had pretty low expectations for JV so he has way surpassed my wildest dreams. Having said that I do not exactly think he is a piece for this team's window of contention. His prime would seem to be right now so I can see him wanting to go somewhere else to try and compete.

As a sidenote it is cool have a guy with this many player fans again. It seems like we haven't had that since the Darko/Hadaddi days. Brings some added life to the boards!

The way JV was dealt after dealing with a bad thumb injury I can see why fans would not know what their getting.  He was drafted 5th overall by Colangelo.  New leadership came in for the Raptors and they changed to smaller more athletic players.  His minutes dropped by 10/game over 3-4 years, and they had very few offensive schemes that went through him.  He didnt demand a trade and didnt sulk.  Instead he took advantage of the 20 minutes a game he got, rebounded, got key baskets, got leaner, tougher on screens, quicker and began shooting 3's.  And he became the team guy and glue that pulled the Raptors together for what they have become.  A top 4 team in the league.  At 26 years old I am not sure why you would say he is not in Memphis window to contend.  Sorry, all bias's aside...dont agree with you at all.   And his basketball IQ is in top 10% of the league.  What is not to like about JV and the future in Memphis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GameOn said:

Should Nurse start Ibaka or Gasol in the playoffs? Or should it be based on matchups. If Nurse starts Ibaka in every game of the playoffs, the fans will go crazy. But I agree with you, Ibaka is playing better overall than Gasol right now. Problem with Ibaka is that he will play good for a stretch, then at other times he will play like a clueless scrub.

Just watching JV in games and in interviews, he looks like he's happy playing for Memphis. My gut feeling is that he wants to stay.

After tonight definitely Baka. ‎The whole team'll be better off as soon as Nurse stops fluckin around. Start Serge, give Marc 25-30 off the bench as a supersub. Lock the lineups n rotations in already. Once Vanvleet returns bench play'll be better hopefully. They've got 15 games to figure it out and if they don't make the finals, after trading Derozan n JV, the fans'll take it out on Marc the most sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Boy I took a peak at the boards and they are really hating Gasol in Toronto. Looks useless on a team that isnt running every play for him. No more excuses about how bad his team is, no more stat padding with high usage. Downhill just came fast.

 

Another poor performance by Marc. Mostly lousy stats and he was a -11. Then Ibaka started a fight and was ejected (and he will be suspended). So now more pressure on Marc. All the Raptors forums are going to be a dumpster fire tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

The way JV was dealt after dealing with a bad thumb injury I can see why fans would not know what their getting.  He was drafted 5th overall by Colangelo.  New leadership came in for the Raptors and they changed to smaller more athletic players.  His minutes dropped by 10/game over 3-4 years, and they had very few offensive schemes that went through him.  He didnt demand a trade and didnt sulk.  Instead he took advantage of the 20 minutes a game he got, rebounded, got key baskets, got leaner, tougher on screens, quicker and began shooting 3's.  And he became the team guy and glue that pulled the Raptors together for what they have become.  A top 4 team in the league.  At 26 years old I am not sure why you would say he is not in Memphis window to contend.  Sorry, all bias's aside...dont agree with you at all.   And his basketball IQ is in top 10% of the league.  What is not to like about JV and the future in Memphis

Count your blessings Memphis, you won the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cdp said:

After tonight definitely Baka. ‎The whole team'll be better off as soon as Nurse stops fluckin around. Start Serge, give Marc 25-30 off the bench as a supersub. Lock the lineups n rotations in already. Once Vanvleet returns bench play'll be better hopefully. They've got 15 games to figure it out and if they don't make the finals, after trading Derozan n JV, the fans'll take it out on Marc the most sadly. 

The Raptors if they slide cannot fall on Gasol shoulders.  There are other issues and cracks beginning to widen with the Raptors.  They got a rookie coach with a thoroughbred team...what were they thinking?  Leonard provides them with higher upside to compete with the elite teams, but with Demar they would never hit these lows. Tonight with Serge is a low for this team...the character of this team is now unknown.  So a 34 year old who appears to have played better basketball a couple of years ago, isnt the same rounded player he was.  I didnt think I would enjoy watching the Grizzlies as much as I am and expect to.  I cant relate to the Raptors any longer....just responded with full transparency...go Grizz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do we really have to hate on Marc ?

 

I mean ... really? 

 

I am very glad we got a baller in JV AND I am happy that Marc gets to go to a team that will be playing meaningful games well into the summer.

 

welcome to the new Memphis Grizzlies fans -> we don't have much BUT we go hard for ALL of our Blue Bears ... except Mack. ;)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marc just posted a whooping 2 points in 22 minutes starting against the Cavs. 

 

Did Memphis just win a trade? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Marc just posted a whooping 2 points in 22 minutes starting against the Cavs. 

 

Did Memphis just win a trade? 

Its not about winning anymore.....Toronto got robed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now