Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

JV & Conley combine for 55.

Get rid of them right now this minute.  We can only have Rabb and Yuta Watanabe as leading scorers.

That way the franchise can tank it's way all the way to Seattle.    Anything except competent veterans allowed.

4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Get rid of them right now this minute.  We can only have Rabb and Yuta Watanabe as leading scorers.

That way the franchise can tank it's way all the way to Seattle.    Anything except competent veterans allowed.

Everyone's gone quiet tonite - must be out on Fri night LOL

I PRAY the Grizzlies can  resign J,V the man has GREAT size and a GREAT touch around the baskets you can,t TEACH that 

If we win enough to convey I hope they don’t feel compelled to bring this same group back. This is a 40 win team at best

42 minutes ago, Allen said:

If we win enough to convey I hope they don’t feel compelled to bring this same group back. This is a 40 win team at best

Yeah that might be the downside to conveying.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

36 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah that might be the downside to conveying.

I fear they are gonna pull a Miami and stand pat due to a posituve showing after all-star break.   

The problem is if this team is good enough to convey and they all return.  Then that means next year its just good enough to get us #13 pick.   Wouldnt it be better to possibly get a top5 pick now then a worse pick later?? 

Id feel much better if most of these guys return and we have two lottery picks in the fold with them.

28 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I fear they are gonna pull a Miami and stand pat due to a posituve showing after all-star break.   

The problem is if this team is good enough to convey and they all return.  Then that means next year its just good enough to get us #13 pick.   Wouldnt it be better to possibly get a top5 pick now then a worse pick later?? 

Id feel much better if most of these guys return and we have two lottery picks in the fold with them.

Yes. This is why everyone here should want to keep our pick this year. Add a lottery talent then move forward trying to win. 

If we convey and bring back some of the new guys we probably stay away from being able to draft a big time player and are stuck on a treadmill with not much potential

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I feel like those who dont want to convey are most repeating stuff like "just get a lottery pick" and not really analyzing whats available and the entire situation. I dont like the talent options at 6-8 period. Once you get past 4, those guys look mostly like solid starters at best and that might take 2/3 years to even materialize into that. Thats the main reason Im down with conveying, I prefer the option of being able to pull the plug after this year. Just imo

As for the top 5 (top 4) pick, the new lottery odds dont really decrease the chances of getting there as much as it used to as you go down the line. So you have your small percentage chance of either hitting on lottery night and getting a top 4 pick which means Duke guys or Morant or you dont keep the pick and avoid no mans land. To me, imo, thats what you want to do.

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Because 22 wins is so much better than 44 wins, right?

Or...

seattle-wa_416x416.jpg

Well... yeah, in the long run, I think it is.  It's better to cash in on assets and get long term value out of them and to get higher draft picks than just be content to be a middling team going nowhere for the foreseeable future.  If we had even a shot of sniffing the playoffs I'd be just fine with keeping this squad together... but I think it's pretty clear that we won't.  So, being that as it may, why not rebuild?

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

I feel like those who dont want to convey are most repeating stuff like "just get a lottery pick" and not really analyzing whats available and the entire situation. I dont like the talent options at 6-8 period. Once you get past 4, those guys look mostly like solid starters at best and that might take 2/3 years to even materialize into that. Thats the main reason Im down with conveying, I prefer the option of being able to pull the plug after this year. Just imo

As for the top 5 (top 4) pick, the new lottery odds dont really decrease the chances of getting there as much as it used to as you go down the line. So you have your small percentage chance of either hitting on lottery night and getting a top 4 pick which means Duke guys or Morant or you dont keep the pick and avoid no mans land. To me, imo, thats what you want to do.

Nobody knows how that player will pan out.  Even i can't predict if Zion or RJ or Admiral Schoefield will be the better player in 7 years.    But i do know that i can never win the Powerball if i don't first buy a ticket.    

Initially the argument was all about 2021 being the most important draft to have your pick in the last 10yrs.  So we need to convey ASAP in order to not miss out on LeBron again.    So everybody sole focus and strategy was around that.    Even though nobody has any idea who will actually be in the draft and if they will be any good. Meanwhile we are actually in a draft that literally may have the Next Lebron as its prize.     But we want to jump out of this one because there may be another dude who is almost as good as Zion in these other drafts.    Man that's like being on a date with Beyonce and she inviting you over for coffee and you tell her no cuz you think CardiB might return your DM.    Then on top of that it turns out that 2021 will just be another draft because the highschoolers won't be in at earliest 2022.    So what is the point???     We do not even know if we will be stuck at 6-8.   Besides "Solid Starter" at best is fine when you have potential SuperStar already in the fold.     Solid Starter at best is usually what you get as a mid first rounder which is what you all are aiming for in 2 years. 

Like i said earlier the law of diminishing returns takes over too.     We in range of Top 8 pick or better now.   Next season that may fall to 10-13   year after that  17-21.    Basically we could easily be on track to only pick up mid first rounders like we had been doing this entire GnG era.      So how is a Top 8 pick now somehow worse than a 17th pick in 2years?      Unless ya'll think we will be a super bad lottery team for the next 4 years then why give up the best talent now??

I don't want Jaren to be developed on a team that has been bad for his first 4 years.    That is what you guys are setting up for.     At least if these nostalgic folks get all teary eyed about this team and want to run it back next season.   I want to already have my Two Prized Lottery picks(Jaren and #6) on roster developing together.    We need to have something to show for sucking 2 years straight.  We also don't need Jaren to turn into an AD situation.   

IMHO the  plug is already pulled we have tanked two years in a row.   That's what i think the "convey crowd" doesn't get.    FO needs to be looking for a strategy to return to good play not announcing we are going to change to development path.    This FO will be too afraid to fully tank in this market, period.   They are going to be aiming for mediocrity next season and beyond.   They are silly enough to not trade all our assets and run it back - always keep that in mind.    So we will easily go into next few seasons without any high talent guys on rookie deals to bridge the gap.  

Just give me one more is all i ask.   I believe in the right system and development DeAndre Hunter, Garland, Porter Jr.  and even Culver can become near AllStar type players.    The key to remember is that talent may be equal from guys drafted 1-35 but biggest difference in their successes is how the Coaching staff and FO prioritize them.    If we keep our pick you better believe that dude will be handled with the greatest of care and given tons of opportunity to succeed.      A later pick in a couple of years will be taking a backseat to us trying to eck out a 8th seed.     Its difference between how Jaren has been treated and Wade Baldwin.   Think about it. 

15 hours ago, lions said:

I PRAY the Grizzlies can  resign J,V the man has GREAT size and a GREAT touch around the baskets you can,t TEACH that 

He was shopping for a house in Memphis this week, so he may have exercised his player option for next year.

Jaren and Bruno and Rabb have as much upside as anybody.  

The rest of our Anti-Fragile ALT GRIND All Stars are fun to watch too.  They are winning and like each other.  

The "buzz word" from here on out should be "internal development" (ok, that's TWO words).  

Oh, and have Jaren and Bruno work on Eurosteps all summer.

6 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Because 22 wins is so much better than 44 wins, right?

Or...

seattle-wa_416x416.jpg

For a rebuilding team yes. Winning 40 games and missing the playoffs next year doesn’t help the franchise at all

32 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Jaren and Bruno and Rabb have as much upside as anybody.  

The rest of our Anti-Fragile ALT GRIND All Stars are fun to watch too.  They are winning and like each other.  

The "buzz word" from here on out should be "internal development" (ok, that's TWO words).  

Oh, and have Jaren and Bruno work on Eurosteps all summer.

Who do you mean by "anybody"?

29 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Who do you mean by "anybody"?

Ok maybe not as much upside as the one man law firm known as Mitchell Robinson, but comparing these guys to recent draft picks I think they can be as good as Trae Young aka the Next Bob Cousy and the Donkey Show down in Dallas.  

Ok, Jaren has "upside" with Bruno having less upside but in the right system those roles could be reversed.  Dillon Brooks looks like the 6th man of the future. A poor man's Hondo if you will.  

Ivan Rabb looks like a cross between Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman. 

If Jaren, Bruno, Dillon, and Kyle are the next Jordan, Scottie, Harper, and Kukoc then we are in good shape.  

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Ok maybe not as much upside as the one man law firm known as Mitchell Robinson, but comparing these guys to recent draft picks I think they can be as good as Trae Young aka the Next Bob Cousy and the Donkey Show down in Dallas.  

Ok, Jaren has "upside" with Bruno having less upside but in the right system those roles could be reversed.  Dillon Brooks looks like the 6th man of the future. A poor man's Hondo if you will.  

If Jaren, Bruno, Dillon, and Kyle are the next Jordan, Scottie, Harper, and Kukoc then we are in good shape.  

i thought i was reaching thinking Dorsey should be a 15th man type .. wowie.

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

You're seeing way more than I think those guys are capable of.

I think Bruno may not last.  He's not a good ball handler, passer, or shooter.  He's pretty passive offensively and defensively doesn't really seem all that good, and he doesn't show a lot of energy or fiery passion for the game.  The only thing he seems to have is length, but so did Thabeet.

Dillon has fire and passion, and plays intelligently usually, but what he lacks is athleticism.  He is also coming off an injury and surgery so we don't really know what he's going to be like when he comes back.  He was sort of borderline as it was (depending on how he progressed in his development) and an injury to someone like that might be the difference between having a career and not.

I like Ivan.  Offensively he is skilled more than a lot of players on the roster and he is a good rebounder and passer, but he also suffers from a lack of athleticism as well as a size/strength deficiency.  I'm hoping he can gain enough strength to be able to handle playing inside.

All of those guys ceilings are probably bench role players if they make it at all.  That's not saying that they can't be quality contributors in their roles.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Nobody knows how that player will pan out.  Even i can't predict if Zion or RJ or Admiral Schoefield will be the better player in 7 years.    But i do know that i can never win the Powerball if i don't first buy a ticket.    

Initially the argument was all about 2021 being the most important draft to have your pick in the last 10yrs.  So we need to convey ASAP in order to not miss out on LeBron again.    So everybody sole focus and strategy was around that.    Even though nobody has any idea who will actually be in the draft and if they will be any good. Meanwhile we are actually in a draft that literally may have the Next Lebron as its prize.     But we want to jump out of this one because there may be another dude who is almost as good as Zion in these other drafts.    Man that's like being on a date with Beyonce and she inviting you over for coffee and you tell her no cuz you think CardiB might return your DM.    Then on top of that it turns out that 2021 will just be another draft because the highschoolers won't be in at earliest 2022.    So what is the point???     We do not even know if we will be stuck at 6-8.   Besides "Solid Starter" at best is fine when you have potential SuperStar already in the fold.     Solid Starter at best is usually what you get as a mid first rounder which is what you all are aiming for in 2 years. 

Like i said earlier the law of diminishing returns takes over too.     We in range of Top 8 pick or better now.   Next season that may fall to 10-13   year after that  17-21.    Basically we could easily be on track to only pick up mid first rounders like we had been doing this entire GnG era.      So how is a Top 8 pick now somehow worse than a 17th pick in 2years?      Unless ya'll think we will be a super bad lottery team for the next 4 years then why give up the best talent now??

I don't want Jaren to be developed on a team that has been bad for his first 4 years.    That is what you guys are setting up for.     At least if these nostalgic folks get all teary eyed about this team and want to run it back next season.   I want to already have my Two Prized Lottery picks(Jaren and #6) on roster developing together.    We need to have something to show for sucking 2 years straight.  We also don't need Jaren to turn into an AD situation.   

IMHO the  plug is already pulled we have tanked two years in a row.   That's what i think the "convey crowd" doesn't get.    FO needs to be looking for a strategy to return to good play not announcing we are going to change to development path.    This FO will be too afraid to fully tank in this market, period.   They are going to be aiming for mediocrity next season and beyond.   They are silly enough to not trade all our assets and run it back - always keep that in mind.    So we will easily go into next few seasons without any high talent guys on rookie deals to bridge the gap.  

Just give me one more is all i ask.   I believe in the right system and development DeAndre Hunter, Garland, Porter Jr.  and even Culver can become near AllStar type players.    The key to remember is that talent may be equal from guys drafted 1-35 but biggest difference in their successes is how the Coaching staff and FO prioritize them.    If we keep our pick you better believe that dude will be handled with the greatest of care and given tons of opportunity to succeed.      A later pick in a couple of years will be taking a backseat to us trying to eck out a 8th seed.     Its difference between how Jaren has been treated and Wade Baldwin.   Think about it. 

Well its two projections my view is based on. One is that most draft anaylsts feel this draft isnt strong after the top 3 or 4. The second is that most NBA Analysts think that the pick that the Celtics have could be gold in 2021...ie, they dont think the Grizzlies will be good and the 2020 HS class is relatively strong. Yes there will always be exceptions. Someone great could get picked after the top 4. Grizzlies might not suck in two years somehow and that class maybe horrible. All possible. Thats your viewpoint and how you choose to go about it. Cool. However, more times than not these type of projections tend to be correct in the long haul. Thats why I am sticking with them. I would trade a 6-8 pick in this draft for an unprotected in 2021, based on those two projections.

5 hours ago, GameOn said:

He was shopping for a house in Memphis this week, so he may have exercised his player option for next year.

that's is GREAT news if you are  Memphis grizzlies fan thanks for the info

6 hours ago, GameOn said:

I SEE you are a BIG fan of J.V  please keep us all the info on J,V thanks