Kevin B Moses

What effect will Mike Conley have on our current players or free agents if he stays or leaves

Sorry to admit, but Conley must go. He is amazing and beloved and the only star in this team but he is not a part of our future.

There are two things left Mike can contribute to our future though - help convey the pick this year and bring us a good asset in his trade. 

15 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

yup.

i would offer them parsons for 2 of those 3 though . they want to shed a year off waiter/oly/jj  , they dont want room right now that Bradley offers  he's  expiring to but they dont wanna waive him . i'm not sure i trade AB for waiters / pick but i sure do trade parsons for waiters/oly pick.

it delays FA plans but i dont see the big deal , conley,waiter,Oly/JJ off the books the same year looks good to me .

what i found interesting is Riley talking about how easy it is to dump salary if you  see a reason to have MAX room , i think he's 100% right.. MAX room every now and then is better than messing around with not much every year like we tend to do .  they won't all be like parsons , and even as awful as parsons has been i think most of us see the reasoning behind moves like that  . max level guys can change a franchise and you gotta keep swinging at those chances imo .  still though , so much can happen but i'll take Conley,Waiters,Oly all coming off the books at the same time and give our guys some time to develop while adding some more youth in the draft .. i'd offer the Bucks the Same type of deal for Snell and send them miles . in the short term we upgraded Parsons , Miles to Waiters,Oly,SNell .. thats huge all for the cost of an bloated salary for a year while getting a couple picks / youth to develop while waiting for them to come off the books .. looks fantastic to me we keep everyone we wanna keep , or FO can claim " win now " we add picks/youth and just let the guys play it out  . i guess i'm one of the few that don't think a couple bad contracts are the end of the world though 

Conley/Wright / Carter

AB/Waiter / Snell 

Kyle/Bruno/Brooks 

JJJ/Oly

JV/Rabb Noah or a Rookie , Vet Min type .

Excellent points and i would be dead inside if i didn't admit this post ASB Conley and Grizz have been fun as hell to watch. 

Your plan would also get me the additional picks i want too.    Still allows us to keep the playstyle we are now growing to love with the addition of a butt load of playmakers/ballhandlers (Mike, Avery, Waiters, SloMo, and Delon).    But you have to insure me that Noah comes back! 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I think it might be worth keeping AB for a half season and build his value back up for a trade. What if he can average 16/4/4 next by February with good percentages? Might get a good young piece in return.

I don't think he will be worth more than he is right now due to the way his deal is structured.   If we keep him past this summer then may as well just Keep him. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't think he will be worth more than he is right now due to the way his deal is structured.   If we keep him past this summer then may as well just Keep him. 

There's isn't anything like chasing that pie in the sky. But the bad thing is most of the time when you catch it, it's already spoiled.

6 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

yup.

i would offer them parsons for 2 of those 3 though . they want to shed a year off waiter/oly/jj  , they dont want room right now that Bradley offers  he's  expiring to but they dont wanna waive him . i'm not sure i trade AB for waiters / pick but i sure do trade parsons for waiters/oly pick. if we move AB its gotta be to a team that wants to waive him imo thats his value i think . that's why i think AB makes more sense to a team like the Bucks , instant relief for a contender . thats worth more to Mil than it is to the Heat imo .

it delays FA plans but i dont see the big deal , conley,waiter,Oly/JJ off the books the same year looks good to me .

what i found interesting is Riley talking about how easy it is to dump salary if you  see a reason to have MAX room , i think he's 100% right.. MAX room every now and then is better than messing around with not much every year like we tend to do .  they won't all be like parsons , and even as awful as parsons has been i think most of us see the reasoning behind moves like that  . max level guys can change a franchise and you gotta keep swinging at those chances imo .  still though , so much can happen but i'll take Conley,Waiters,Oly all coming off the books at the same time and give our guys some time to develop while adding some more youth in the draft .. i'd offer the Bucks the Same type of deal for Snell and send them miles . in the short term we upgraded Parsons , Miles to Waiters,Oly,SNell .. thats huge all for the cost of an bloated salary for a year while getting a couple picks / youth to develop while waiting for them to come off the books .. looks fantastic to me we keep everyone we wanna keep , or FO can claim " win now " we add picks/youth and just let the guys play it out  . i guess i'm one of the few that don't think a couple bad contracts are the end of the world though 

Conley/Wright / Carter

AB/Waiter / Snell 

Kyle/Bruno/Brooks 

JJJ/Oly

JV/Rabb Noah or a Rookie , Vet Min type .

Grizz send Miles Parsons , fillers  

Grizz Get Snell.Waiters,Oly , Mil 1st  , Mia 1st  or youth/ future picks  something along these lines anyways .

I could see Miami considering that deal without the pick, I think that's asking for too much.

Still, without the pick, it's a good proposal and I would definitely consider it

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Excellent points and i would be dead inside if i didn't admit this post ASB Conley and Grizz have been fun as hell to watch. 

Your plan would also get me the additional picks i want too.    Still allows us to keep the playstyle we are now growing to love with the addition of a butt load of playmakers/ballhandlers (Mike, Avery, Waiters, SloMo, and Delon).    But you have to insure me that Noah comes back! 

I have seen ASB a few times. Who is that?

25 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I could see Miami considering that deal without the pick, I think that's asking for too much.

Still, without the pick, it's a good proposal and I would definitely consider it

yeah , maybe . i think if we could pull of a three team deal with mil and Mia   we could come out winners  though . maybe a little shuffling with picks or a young guy in the mix .  it makes carter kind kind of expendable . i would be knocking on those teams doors though and see what we could pull off .

45 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Memphis won't take those salaries. The grizzlies don't care about those picks, believe me. They are more interested in getting that 30 million back that parsons has.

The only way the grizzlies would considering taking a bad contract at this point if it was for the #1 overall pick in this years draft. Otherwise it ain't happening. 

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Memphis won't take those salaries. The grizzlies don't care about those picks, believe me. They are more interested in getting that 30 million back that parsons has.

The only way the grizzlies would considering taking a bad contract at this point if it was for the #1 overall pick in this years draft. Otherwise it ain't happening. 

ok donald !

is that why we showed interest in biz,mkg but we wanted monk ? cause we dont want bad salaries ? how about Knight ?  i mean we took Miles who was awful in TOr and AB who wasnt looking great either .. we went the other way but it's clear to me they are showing some interest in the types of deals  or they would have never been even been brought up .

believe me when i say you know no more than we do about what may or may not happen 

59 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Did MC give Parsons some of his money? Or are you saying they have only paid him 64,5M?

Boy you sure have got MC jacked up. It wasn't but about 7 games ago that he was shooting, 3-10, 3-11, 4-15, if he had made a few more the Grizz might have 2-3 more wins under their belt.

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Miami’s 2019 pick is going to be late lottery at best. I’d rather have AB than a late lottery or worse pick in this draft.

Yeah, me too.

A little off topic here but do people believe Conley is helping or hurting the Grizzlies attempt to trade him by missing games at the end of the season?

The Grizzlies looked good against Orlando until fading at the end and were awesome last night against OKC without him. Is it good or not that he is sitting out games?

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

A little off topic here but do people believe Conley is helping or hurting the Grizzlies attempt to trade him by missing games at the end of the season?

The Grizzlies looked good against Orlando until fading at the end and were awesome last night against OKC without him. Is it good or not that he is sitting out games?

Here is my response to that question during this season OR pretty much the answer to ANY QUESTION during this season: "I have no $$$$$$$ idea."

All I know is: only the Pacers, Spurs, Nuggets, and Nets franchises give a $$$$ right now. 

Oh wow, this really IS like the ABA's last season.

21 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Here is my response to that question during this season OR pretty much the answer to ANY QUESTION during this season: "I have no $$$$$$$ idea."

And we finally get a poster who actually has the correct answer! 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

And we finally get a poster who actually has the correct answer! 

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you! I would like to thank the Academy!

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Since the grizzlies arent going to trade him no effect whatsoever

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Isn't a "Who is making the decision for him to sit?" a better question to ask first?

46 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Isn't a "Who is making the decision for him to sit?" a better question to ask first?

Are you suggesting this is a front office, coaching or player decision?

Either way, the question remains (if you believe the Grizzlies still are looking at trades for Coey this summer) is it helping raise his value or not?

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Either way, the question remains (if you believe the Grizzlies still are looking at trades for Coey this summer) is it helping raise his value or not?

are you suggesting that the grizzliez should play Mike Conley when he's hurt just to boost his trade value?

Umm, like really....

Look Mike Conley won't likely be traded due to the fact that matching salaries is so burdensome that the grizzlies would have to take on a bad contract to get value back for Mike.

The only team that has that would be Boston.

The other thing is that kemba walker will cost less than Conley, both in trade value and salary.

It doesn't make sense and Mike is worth more to the grizzlies than he is to another team.

59 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I don't think it affects his trade value much at all unless he has a serious injury. His value is set because everyone in the league knows who he is and what he brings.

We sometimes talk in terms of the stock market - Mike's like shares in utilities, the don't have wild swings in value, they stay pretty solid, and usually provide fair value return in dividends

54 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

are you suggesting that the grizzliez should play Mike Conley when he's hurt just to boost his trade value?

Umm, like really....

Look Mike Conley won't likely be traded due to the fact that matching salaries is so burdensome that the grizzlies would have to take on a bad contract to get value back for Mike.

The only team that has that would be Boston.

The other thing is that kemba walker will cost less than Conley, both in trade value and salary.

It doesn't make sense and Mike is worth more to the grizzlies than he is to another team.

The official explanation for Mike Missing games has been “general soreness.” He is not injured.

I do hope the Grizzlies front office is more open minded to trade talk than some posters who act like they have all the answers and know so much. 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The official explanation for Mike Missing games has been “general soreness.” He is not injured.

I do hope the Grizzlies front office is more open minded to trade talk than some posters who act like they have all the answers and know so much. 

The grizzlies are trying to tank despite what people on the board think. 

But, besides that, you are wrong again about the explanation. From espn:

Conley (thigh) is questionable for Wednesday's game against Golden State.