Kevin B Moses

What effect will Mike Conley have on our current players or free agents if he stays or leaves

Mike Conley makes the grizzlies a lot more attractive if he stays for potential free agents to want to even come to Memphis or stay in Memphis.

and I'm not even talking about people like Kevin Durant or Klay Thompson I'm talking about Jonas valanciunas Avery Bradley and the rest of them.

Memphis is a sinking ship without Mike Conley on the team and players are not going to want to spend their good years with Memphis without him.

I know some people welcome the blow it up to the smithereens nobody's valuable except for a jaren Jackson Jr but not all of us are like that.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mike Conley makes the grizzlies a lot more attractive if he stays for potential free agents to want to even come to Memphis or stay in Memphis.

and I'm not even talking about people like Kevin Durant or Klay Thompson I'm talking about Jonas valanciunas Avery Bradley and the rest of them.

Memphis is a sinking ship without Mike Conley on the team and players are not going to want to spend their good years with Memphis without him.

I know some people welcome the blow it up to the smithereens nobody's valuable except for a jaren Jackson Jr but not all of us are like that.

Mike's contract is for two more years. I don't believe the Grizzlies will have much room to sign a free agent from elsewhere this summer so he'd be an expiring contract by the time he could help recruit a player. He could and should have an impact on JV exercising his option. Bradley is a team option so it doesn't matter what Conley does for him next season. Miles will likely opt in no matter what. No one will offer him as much as his contract is paying him even over two seasons. 

Devon is interesting. He may re-sign with the Grizzlies more easily if Conley wasn't here since they play a similar role but they have seemed to find some chemistry so far. That also works against the Grizzlies as I pointed out in another thread because the better he looks this season, the more expensive he will be this summer. 

I'm not for blowing up the team but if the right deal comes along the Grizzlies would be foolish not to take it for Conley. 

Conley holds the team back at least 3-4 years if they keep him.  To be honest, they should have shipped him to either Utah or Detroit.  Keeping really didn't make any sense, although he's playing really well, but having the 1st and finanical flexibility was priceless.

What effect did having Mike Conley have with signing free agents in the 11 years before this season? Now that the Grizzlies have had their worst back to back seasons since '08-'09 you think he is suddenly going to be a factor in free agent signings? The only possible way that Conley could have any effect in free agent signings would be to retire and free up his salary space.

You think there are some people that would "welcome the blow it up to smithereens"??? News flash KBM, it already has been blown up to smithereens. It just wasn't one big explosion.

45 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

What effect did having Mike Conley have with signing free agents in the 11 years before this season? Now that the Grizzlies have had their worst back to back seasons since '08-'09 you think he is suddenly going to be a factor in free agent signings? The only possible way that Conley could have any effect in free agent signings would be to retire and free up his salary space.

You think there are some people that would "welcome the blow it up to smithereens"??? News flash KBM, it already has been blown up to smithereens. It just wasn't one big explosion.

I think that Mike as well as zbo and marc had an effect on each other's contract. But my point is that Mike makes the grizzlies relevant now. You might worship Jaren, but I doubt Jonas or Bradley does. My point is that people seem to think that Bradley signing with the grizzlies is just a matter of giving him a contract, at least after the option this year.

My point is I doubt bradley or jonas would want to stay on a team without mike. 

Everyone on the team not named Jaren is irrelevant. Who cares about Bradley and Jonas?

12 minutes ago, Allen said:

Everyone on the team not named Jaren is irrelevant. Who cares about Bradley and Jonas?

I agree.

I like Jonas, but lets be real. In 7 seasons, the most minutes he has ever averaged is 28.2 per game, and that was 5 seasons ago. He has a player option for next season, which he should take because I just don't see another team offering him more than the 17 mil he has on the table right now. Bradley is signed for next year. So they (as far as I'm concerned) are two assets that need to be moved this summer to build for the future, along with Mike.

Conley, Parsons, D.Brooks and Rabb are the only players on the roster that have been on the team before the beginning of this season. KBM needs to let that sink in.

33 minutes ago, Allen said:

The idiocy of this post knows no bounds.

How many players, in your opinion, on the rockets are relevant? Just asking.

How about the suns, or the kings.

I have no idea what your ultimate goal would even be.

Serious question: How many years are we going to take to find players that ARE relevant? How many year will it take? What players in the upcoming draft are relevant and more important WHY are they relevant. And for that matter why is Jaren even relevant.    

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The idiocy of this post knows no bounds.

How many players, in your opinion, on the rockets are relevant? Just asking.

How about the suns, or the kings.

I have no idea what your ultimate goal would even be.

Serious question: How many years are we going to take to find players that ARE relevant? How many year will it take? What players in the upcoming draft are relevant and more important WHY are they relevant. And for that matter why is Jaren even relevant.    

I want to clear cap space acquire assets and build with Jaren. I don’t even know why guys like Bradley and Jonas are points of discussion. They are irrelevant to the teams future 

45 minutes ago, Allen said:

I care about Bradley. His attitude shall be one all young grizzlies should follow.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

if the right deal comes along the Grizzlies would be foolish not to take it for Conley. 

Now the question is what is the right deal? Expirings + SRPs? Or no deal without FRP?  Batum + Monk? Jackson+Leuer+FRP? Hayward?

7 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

I care about Bradley. His attitude shall be one all young grizzlies should follow.

I agree with this

4 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Now the question is what is the right deal? Expirings + SRPs? Or no deal without FRP?  Batum + Monk? Jackson+Leuer+FRP? Hayward?

Charlotte FO are brain dead, they refused to give up Monk and maybe/maybe not a pick to get off Biyombo and get Marc, now Monk is a DNP-CD in almost every game since, they are stuck with long term contracts and no cap space to resign Kemba. They deserve what they get when Kemba leaves.

Leuer is absolute trash, no deal should involve him

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Your current obsession with Jaren knows no bounds eh?

32 minutes ago, Allen said:

I want to clear cap space acquire assets and build with Jaren. I don’t even know why guys like Bradley and Jonas are points of discussion. They are irrelevant to the teams future 

are your "assets," as you term relevant, though? I suppose Jonas is not an asset, either  

I'm wondering if we should just sell our second round picks for the next 20 years and any pick that isn't top 5, because they aren't going to be relevant, anyway. Why bother.

The point is what is the project? 

Is the project is to forget the next 2 or 3 years and hope that good picks + JJJ becoming an all start player bring the team into top 5 or 6 in NBA, then we have to trade Mike, JV, Noah.....

Is the project is to try to have a good team next year to fight for play off, the we have to consider keeping Mike and the other, unless we got offer for Mike that we can refuse.

I clearly go for option 2 becasue i truly believe that it's far not easy to build a good team when you win games but im not Wallace or Pera.

We should just keep jaren, trade any player that isn't in the gleague or close to it talent-wise, and just run a team of scrubs plus jaren, because hey nobody but jaren and other top 5 picks are going to be relevant. So we shouldn't even try to field a team with them. 

54 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

are your "assets," as you term relevant, though? I suppose Jonas is not an asset, either  

Are assets for a rebuilding team relevant?

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We should just keep jaren, trade any player that isn't in the gleague or close to it talent-wise, and just run a team of scrubs plus jaren, because hey nobody but jaren and other top 5 picks are going to be relevant. So we shouldn't even try to field a team with them. 

Are you done with your tantrum yet?

Conley is tradeable, but there needs to be value coming back.

If there is moderately attractive free agents that would consider Memphis, it is easier to recruit them here with MC and JV and JJJ instead of just JJJ.  It also helps the FO try to figure out what positions they need to recruit for.

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Conley is tradeable, but there needs to be value coming back.

If there is moderately attractive free agents that would consider Memphis, it is easier to recruit them here with MC and JV and JJJ instead of just JJJ.  It also helps the FO try to figure out what positions they need to recruit for.

Next year shouldn't be recruit year.  We are a couple of years away from that.

22 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Next year shouldn't be recruit year.  We are a couple of years away from that.

Move all your quality players and it will be way longer than that.