Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Washington Wizards - 3/16/2019

The one good positive from this game; Parsons might still be a nba player.

I wonder if it's possible to waive him before July 1st....then resign him to the minimum as a FA. I'd do that in a heartbeat

16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies need this game if they want to realistically convey the pick. 

I agree. This was a tough one from that perspective.

Time to shift into irrational hope for #1 pick mode. 😆

2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I agree. This was a tough one from that perspective.

Time to shift into irrational hope for #1 pick mode. 😆

I enter in that mode since we fell of from our incredible start and Zion showed in college he is way more than a dunker. 

6 hours ago, Gradey said:

OK can we stop it with the this team is good narrative please?  They have a few good pieces but in general there is not nearly enough talent and the construction itself is hodgepodge.  I enjoy watching these guys play for the most part but lets please stop with the idea we can retool around this group and push for respectability again.  Team of fun dudes dont get me wrong....but not the basis for a future.

I don't think there is a whole lot of that narrative.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:16 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Cmon that one is easy!   Noah looks just like Jason Momoa and Jonas is throwing the hammer as much as possible!

Thanks. I have no idea who Jason Momoa is. The Thor/JV thing, I get.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:52 AM, Gradey said:

OK can we stop it with the this team is good narrative please?  They have a few good pieces but in general there is not nearly enough talent and the construction itself is hodgepodge.  I enjoy watching these guys play for the most part but lets please stop with the idea we can retool around this group and push for respectability again.  Team of fun dudes dont get me wrong....but not the basis for a future.

nope.

no . can . do.

the narrative continues 🤣💨

you are right though - this team is full of FUN DUDES... and I kind of hear guys talking about the future and everything... but I hear water drip too - I just don't LISTEN to it ;) 

tell me you didn't feel some kind of way watching the blue bears get that w on Houston ...

🤗

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

nope.

no . can . do.

you are right though - this team is full of FUN DUDES... and I kind of hear guys talking about the future and everything... but I hear water drip too - I just don't LISTEN to it ;) 

tell me you didn't feel some kind of way watching the blue bears get that w on Houston ...

🤗

Congrats on being in the moment. Some of us prefer to build a title contender and see how meaningless these games are. 

19 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Congrats on being in the moment. Some of us prefer to build a title contender and see how meaningless these games are. 

sooo... let's do the math

years spent 'trying to build a title contender' ... 

since we have not built one - yet ... does that mean ALL games that aren't played by a title contending team - meaningless? 

how many of the existing 30 however many teams there are - how many have actually WON A TITLE? 

does that mean the fans of ALL the teams that didn't WIN a title - wasting their time?

I am a fan of the Memphis Grizzlies because I am emotionally attached ! 

I used to 'watch' our games by pressing the refresh button on the cbssportsline webpage and reading there play by play 

then I saved some money and spent waaaaayyy more money than I could afford to get a version of NBA league pass ( EVERYTHING is more expensive in Tokyo man ... everything.)

I posted all kinds of ... words here on the boards all times of day (your nights) 

When I say I am all Grizz everything ... I said what I said.

When they WIN - I party !

When they lose - I blame the referees , the weather, Mack ... whatever. It sucks.

All I am saying is I follow this team because I LIKE to ... based off of how I felt the FIRST TIME they suited up at the Pyramid with a team named the Memphis Grizzlies all the way to how I felt TONIGHT !

I remember how I felt when Stro did the Stro show...

- J Dubb doing the whole and1 mixtape three point launching (and mostly missing) from what is now considered Steph territory 

- Pau checking for blood

- Hubie running the whole 10 man drill

- Getting TO the playoffs

- Getting swept right back out of the playoffs - REPEATEDLY

- Winning the FIRST playoff game

- WINNING the first playoff SERIES

- Tony Allen

- Shane Battier

- MacBo

- more recently Big Spain

- losing ALL of those players

- sitting in the Forum last summer watching the draft (JJJ)

- getting off work late RUNNING down Main Street trying to get into the CHEAP SEATS in the Forum in time to see the intros!

point is ... life has plenty of serious SERIOUS situations that hold absolutely NO JOY

Life also has some things that we are allowed to enjoy. (GRIZZ, puppies, (self-edit lotsa good stuff goes here but - family board... rules etc)) .

AND when we FINALLY DO begin that title run ... I will ALREADY be RIGHT HERE !

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

since we have not built one - yet ... does that mean ALL games that aren't played by a title contending team - meaningless? 

how many of the existing 30 however many teams there are - how many have actually WON A TITLE? 

does that mean the fans of ALL the teams that didn't WIN a title - wasting their time?

I used to 'watch' our games by pressing the refresh button on the cbssportsline webpage and reading there play by play 

then I saved some money and spent waaaaayyy more money than I could afford to get a version of NBA league pass ( EVERYTHING is more expensive in Tokyo man ... everything.)

I posted all kinds of ... words here on the boards all times of day (your nights) 

When they lose - I blame the referees , the weather, Mack ... whatever. It sucks.

All I am saying is I follow this team because I LIKE to ... based off of how I felt the FIRST TIME they suited up at the Pyramid with a team named the Memphis Grizzlies all the way to how I felt TONIGHT !

- J Dubb doing the whole and1 mixtape three point launching (and mostly missing) from what is now considered Steph territory 

- Pau checking for blood

- Tony Allen

- Shane Battier

- MacBo

- getting off work late RUNNING down Main Street trying to get into the CHEAP SEATS in the Forum in time to see the intros!

point is ... life has plenty of serious SERIOUS situations that hold absolutely NO JOY

Life also has some things that we are allowed to enjoy. (GRIZZ, puppies, (self-edit lotsa good stuff goes here but - family board... rules etc)) .

+1

Good post.  Right there with you...but from CA now.

6 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

- Pau checking for blood

- Tony Allen

- Shane Battier

- MacBo

LIKED

9 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

nope.

no . can . do.

🤗

Man it is HARD for me not to want to keep the guys I like watching play.  But I am a fan so its what I do...get attached and pull for my guys.  But to look at it from a front office perspective, I think you can not be a fan.  Otherwise, you make poor decisions :D

Other than about 7 minutes of the 4th I was giddy.  Then I was anxious.  Next came despondence.  Then anger.  Then hope.  And then elation.   All in a bout a half hour lol.  To be fair though, I'm not one of the blow it up to blow it up guys.  If JV and Mike are on the team next year....I'd be happy.  If we move people and get a good return that's ok too. Just please approach it with a plan and have the guts to stick to the plan  is all I ask.  The approach over the last few years (well since the jettison of ZBO and Tony) has been very difficult to watch.  Sure, injuries...I get it.  But it is pretty amazing HOW MANY people have worn a Grizz uniform the last few years.  Really nuts.  

9 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

- Pau checking for blood

- Tony Allen

- Shane Battier

- MacBo

+1

and I will let you slide on the emotionally attached part after you left me hanging last night in the rain! 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

+1

and I will let you slide on the emotionally attached part after you left me hanging last night in the rain! 

I really wanted to be there ! 

Gotta get my “stuff “ together!

after standing in it for 2 hours at a track meet- I just didn’t have it in me. 

I WILL be back at the next one though - rain be darned !

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I really wanted to be there ! 

Gotta get my “stuff “ together!

after standing in it for 2 hours at a track meet- I just didn’t have it in me. 

I WILL be back at the next one though - rain be darned !

The track meet or the Grizzlies game???

Nephew had his first track meet at the fair grounds yesterday... started at 5 ... thought I could be outta there by 6:30 at the latest... saw it raining and erroneously believed they would cancel it.

got home right around 7:40ish , turned on the tv and knew right away  -  I had blown it!!!

There will be other track meets ... and I will be at those - as long as it doesn’t conflict with the blue bears!!!

🤣💨