Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Orlando Magic - 3/10/2019

Recommended Posts

I also noticed that after the game on the way to dressing room, JV took the time to sign multiple autographs and high fives with the kids...Im sure he is not the only Grizzlie doing this, but he must be getting more comfortable each day versus get me out of here as soon as possible...I like the MC pairing a lot with JV...he is more of a well rounded threat than Lowry, but Lowry does push the ball up the court a lot quicker.  MC appears to be more consistent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I was cheering for my team at the game bud. 

Its so clear the guys really like each other and its refreshing to see.  Noah was getting onto Bruno and i wonder if BC is the type that sulks in those situations.  

I like all the new guys (even Holiday) my only problem is --- what is the plan?  running it back next year isnt a recipe for anything.   Financially it cant really happen either.   Some people have to go and nobody is taking Parsons without giving us garbage back.   

I just wish we were keeping the pick.  then i would be fine with any direction because we have another lottery player to pair with Jaren.  

I've seen they can play together and I would like to have 1 last lottery pick, maybe too late already though.I thought you had posted from FEF before during a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grizball said:

If we are able to convey the pick this year, I think we will and should trade Mike when his value is high and start the rebuild. There should be more suitors with better offers come this summer or even on draft day.

I agree but i can see the FO believing in this run and running it all back next season.     This FO hasn't shown that they have a longterm view on anything.  

i admit this version of the team is fun to watch but Mike will be 32y soon.  We don't have anybody on the roster in line for him to pass the torch to (perimeter-wise).   That's why i want to keep the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if for no other reason, Mike is making himself more attractive to potential trade partners.

But I digress.....

It's great to see our team having fun and competing.  The mid season Mike and Marc hot potato offense was downright offensive..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

I also noticed that after the game on the way to dressing room, JV took the time to sign multiple autographs and high fives with the kids...Im sure he is not the only Grizzlie doing this, but he must be getting more comfortable each day versus get me out of here as soon as possible...I like the MC pairing a lot with JV...he is more of a well rounded threat than Lowry, but Lowry does push the ball up the court a lot quicker.  MC appears to be more consistent...

I still go back to the interview where JV said he was looking to buy a house. This is not a move one makes who is planning on jetting at season end or who does not intend on picking up his offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Well, if for no other reason, Mike is making himself more attractive to potential trade partners.

But I digress.....

It's great to see our team having fun and competing.  The mid season Mike and Marc hot potato offense was downright offensive..

omg I can actually watch again.

Jaren, Dillon and Kyle replacing Caboclo, Holiday, Parsons would make this run spectacular. You would potentially have five competent weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dwash said:

omg I can actually watch again.

Jaren, Dillon and Kyle replacing Caboclo, Holiday, Parsons would make this run spectacular. You would potentially have five competent weapons.

The grizzlies have their team, and should not worry about draft picks. They were able to get 1 superstar out of their tanking. Trying to get more than Jaren is a mistake as there are very few drafts that you can draft a player like Jaren, you are lucky if you can draft another Avery Bradley or Jonas, honestly.

The grizzlies need to develop this team like crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

I also noticed that after the game on the way to dressing room, JV took the time to sign multiple autographs and high fives with the kids...Im sure he is not the only Grizzlie doing this, but he must be getting more comfortable each day versus get me out of here as soon as possible...I like the MC pairing a lot with JV...he is more of a well rounded threat than Lowry, but Lowry does push the ball up the court a lot quicker.  MC appears to be more consistent...

That's JV for ya. He loves basketball, loves his team, loves the fans and is active in the community. He also did many TV ads when he was in Toronto. Will we see him do an ad for Fedex soon? Or what line of business is the owner, Mr. Pera, in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I think MC has more value for the Grizzles, then what you can get for him. Hope he stays.

MC was just named Western Conference player of the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BLUEandGOLD said:

I still go back to the interview where JV said he was looking to buy a house. This is not a move one makes who is planning on jetting at season end or who does not intend on picking up his offer. 

I think he's going to stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dwash said:

omg I can actually watch again.

Jaren, Dillon and Kyle replacing Caboclo, Holiday, Parsons would make this run spectacular. You would potentially have five competent weapons.

Dillon won't come back a starter if he comes back at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Subliminal said:

No way Jose, just going through some busier good life changes. I’m still keeping an eye on my grizzly brethren #grizzup

Glad to hear they are good changes.  Congratulations! (or whatever the appropriate words are).  What do you think of the new lineup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dwash said:

omg I can actually watch again.

Jaren, Dillon and Kyle replacing Caboclo, Holiday, Parsons would make this run spectacular. You would potentially have five competent weapons.

So your five must be Conley, Avery, Jonas, Jaren and .....Dillon or Delon?

if we don't have a pick do you guys want to bring back Dorsey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So your five must be Conley, Avery, Jonas, Jaren and .....Dillon or Delon?

if we don't have a pick do you guys want to bring back Dorsey?

Depends on what's available.  Will he be a free agent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So your five must be Conley, Avery, Jonas, Jaren and .....Dillon or Delon?

if we don't have a pick do you guys want to bring back Dorsey?

Gotta be Brooks cause Delon cant shoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

yep he expires this season.    

I don't think we need to rush to make decisions now (as if what we think matters),  We need to take wait and see attitude.  Is he going to be better than Yuta?  I'm pretty sure he won't be better on the defensive end.  His offensive skills might be more polished though.  If he isn't going to be better we might want to try some player who misses getting drafted, some minor free agent,  or promote Yuta to the big team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

But he can score on drives to the basket.

that's what i was about to post.   Delon can get to the rim when he sees any bit of daylight with ease.   I would say the real difference is that Delon looks to dish more than score.  His mindset is pass-first.  Otherwise i'd say he has a higher scoring floor than Dillon who is streaky.  

So maybe we actually have 6 competent scoring weapons.  Which is a new frontier for the Grizz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So your five must be Conley, Avery, Jonas, Jaren and .....Dillon or Delon?

if we don't have a pick do you guys want to bring back Dorsey?

I’d want Mike, Avery, Kyle, Jaren and Jonas with Delon,  Justin, Dillon, Ivan and Noah begins them. That group could have reached the playoffs if we had them all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I’d want Mike, Avery, Kyle, Jaren and Jonas with Delon,  Justin, Dillon, Ivan and Noah begins them. That group could have reached the playoffs if we had them all season.

I wouldn't mind seeing all those guys back next season.  I didn't like Noah's game at first, but now that he's settled in and comfortable with everyone he's been huge.  I really hope he's back next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I wouldn't mind seeing all those guys back next season.  I didn't like Noah's game at first, but now that he's settled in and comfortable with everyone he's been huge.  I really hope he's back next season.

*scoff*

 

Noah didn’t settle in and get comfortable with everyone...he did his thing - and everyone got comfortable with HIM !

 

🤣💨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this