Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Orlando Magic - 3/10/2019

Just now, IdrinkGuinness said:

you'd rather stretch parsons ?

I don't think the grizzlies will stretch him. I am not certain what they will do with him. I don't see them wanting to take on more salary. I'm not sure they could do that anyway.

I think they will probably just keep him next season if they can bring everybody back on the team.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I don't think the grizzlies will stretch him. I am not certain what they will do with him. I don't see them wanting to take on more salary. I'm not sure they could do that anyway.

I think they will probably just keep him next season if they can bring everybody back on the team.

You  probably right but it sucks !!! We are not that far from having a goofd team and his salary just kill us !!

5 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

we probably won't but i was replying about stretching parsons , if we need room that should be our last option imo .

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/memphis-grizzlies/cap/2019/

Agreed.  We're getting close now.  One more season of Parsons' albatross contract.  No sense in prolonging the agony with the stretch provision.

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I wouldn't. Brooks, despigte what people think will be very important to this team going forward. I could see him becoming a 20 point scorer at some point. 

No way.

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

yes  but i was talking about posters saying to stretch him , i dont like that idea anymore than trading brooks is all . neither are great and i wouldnt want to make that decision 😂

2 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

You  probably right but it sucks !!! We are not that far from having a goofd team and his salary just kill us !!

It's been killing the Grizz for 3 years.

Man, this team has been playing so well overall since the trade deadline.  We've been in nearly every game, and the team is playing with a lot more flow and vigor.  If only we had won five or six of those close losses earlier on we might still just be in the playoff hunt!

3 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

you'd rather stretch parsons ?

One thing I do know is that the grizzlies are not going to let Bradley go, regardless. Nor do I see them letting anybody go on the team. i think they will probably convey this year and bring everybody back.

A second year Jaren, with a third year dillon and this team is going to be hard to beat.

I don't see any guys on this team I want to get ride of. I even like holiday. I think it will work out fine for the grizzlies.

The only thing it doesn't do, which many people seem to want, is made us a lottery team next year. The grizzlies with this team intact will only get better as Jaren and Dillon improve and the team is young enough now to where it come make a major leap in the standings.

Not what the lottery or bust crowd wants, but like I said, Jaren was the important piece. There is no sense in trying to get gready, which usually doesn't happen., in the draft, see boston and frankly see Phoenix. 

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Man, this team has been playing so well overall since the trade deadline.  We've been in nearly every game, and the team is playing with a lot more flow and vigor.  If only we had won five or six of those close losses earlier on we might still just be in the playoff hunt!

They are definitely fun to watch! Today, the Magic feed suggested that we are deep.

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

One thing I do know is that the grizzlies are not going to let Bradley go, regardless. Nor do I see them letting anybody go on the team. i think they will probably convey this year and bring everybody back.

A second year Jaren, with a third year dillon and this team is going to be hard to beat.

I don't see any guys on this team I want to get ride of. I even like holiday. I think it will work out fine for the grizzlies.

The only thing it doesn't do, which many people seem to want, is made us a lottery team next year. The grizzlies with this team intact will only get better as Jaren and Dillon improve and the team is young enough now to where it come make a major leap in the standings.

Not what the lottery or bust crowd wants, but like I said, Jaren was the important piece. There is no sense in trying to get gready, which usually doesn't happen., in the draft, see boston and frankly see Phoenix. 

what if we cant bring everyone back ? thats what i was replying too .  would you stretch parsons to bring everyone back or try to moves miles + brooks ?

57 minutes ago, Yog1 said:

They are definitely fun to watch! Today, the Magic feed suggested that we are deep.

I do feel like depth COULD overcome the talent difference with Golden State. Curry is getting past 30 and he is thin as a rail and he now shoots double the 3 pointers than he does 2 point shots, kd is older and he may leave.

Mike Conley is the key to this team, plus Jaren's rise to stardom. Mike can really turn any team into a contender, but with all of the pieces he has now, it's becoming easier.

2 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

what if we cant bring everyone back ? thats what i was replying too .  would you stretch parsons to bring everyone back or try to moves miles + brooks ?

I am not in favor of trading brooks under just about any circumstances, but like I said, I don't think it is going to come to that. If the grizzlies happen to NOT convey, then I would be more in favor of packaging the pick and parsons to get under the threshold. 

We gained at what made the Raptors strong; depth. Apparently, our chemistry is undeniable. Its going to be hard to see our FO carve away at this group.

MC is the key ,if he's moved for pure assets we gon a stink it up imo . i dont understand people thinking he can be moved and talking playoffs next year . wright aint that guy yet to lead a team , Bradley is a dog  but them two running point is a far cry from MC .

50 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i'd rather moves miles + brooks / cash or whatever than stretch parsons , thats a hefty amount for a team that could be cash strapped moving forward . maybe just stretch miles , i dont think we gotta stretch parsons to keep these guys around but we'll find out soon enough 

Yeah I'm good with that

1 minute ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

MC is the key ,if he's moved for pure assets we gon a stink it up imo . i dont understand people thinking he can be moved and talking playoffs next year .

Right! MC is the remaining foundation and is very respected around the League. We got a good return for our most valuable trade asset.

5 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

MC is the key ,if he's moved for pure assets we gon a stink it up imo . i dont understand people thinking he can be moved and talking playoffs next year .

Playing this style has really helped MC. However he needs to start making more shots earlier in the game.

as  a fan MC retiring a grizz would be beyond awesome ,   we gotta get a Harris Like return but i doubt he gets that unless it's a perfect trade partner like harris was .with PHI

I like this group, they are fun to watch and can actually shoot fairly well...

But don’t be mistaken, this group as it is will not challenge GS, JJJ will still need some time to reach his full potiential and at that point Mike is getting that much older.  When Parsons comes off the payroll they will need to add a sustanical piece if they are to challenge.

6 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

as  a fan MC retiring a grizz would be beyond awesome ,   we gotta get a Harris Like return but i doubt he gets that unless it's a perfect trade partner like harris was .with PHI

The problem with a Mike Conley trade is that his contract forces a team to trade a lot of value that they may not want to invest in him. The only team with a contract like that is boston.

But like I said, conley is worth more to the grizzlies than he is in a trade. 

15 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

MC is the key ,if he's moved for pure assets we gon a stink it up imo . i dont understand people thinking he can be moved and talking playoffs next year . wright aint that guy yet to lead a team , Bradley is a dog  but them two running point is a far cry from MC .

8 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Do I detect a change in direction?

Toronoto invested heavily in Jonas when they drafted him at #5 way back when.  He got a lot of playing time and touches in his first season.  But then the Raptors went with NBA trade winds and Derozan as their focal point. JV was sidelined because of his 'weak defense'. 

Five years later Raptors' investment into Derozan was officially acknowledged as a failure even though it was obvious years earlier that Derozan cannot lead a team in the playoffs.  On top of that, Derozan's defense was far worse than Jonas'.  

JV performance with the Grizzlies so far seems to indicate that he can produce offensively at a level comparable to the best Derozan in Toronto.  I wonder what kind of player JV would have become in Toronto if they did feature him as much as Magic features Vucevic or as much as Grizzlies are featuring him now.  So excited to see what prime JV looks like in the Grizz uniform.  Raptors' most important player, Lowry, fully embraced the front office direction and prioritized Derozan over Valanciunas.  The two-man game that took years Lowry and Valanciunas to build is evident instantly with Conley.  It looks like JV and MC played together for years.  Fun times ahead.

And how satisfying for a JV fan to watch him dominate DEFENISVELY in the final minutes of a close game!