Kevin B Moses

The grizzlies front office decision on what to do with Jonas and Jaren will determine this teams fate for years to come

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

What's magic about 6K. Toke gonna sing me a song?

thats telling me you are a true blue Grizzlies fan

Waiters isn't the goal he is the contract we take on to get the 1rst rd pick.    He is a year younger than Avery and is more of a dynamic scorer.    It''s possible he could have an Avery like resurgence too.   If i remember correctly weren't majority of the fans on here saying exact same thing about Avery when we traded for him???   8 games later and now ppl want to extend him?  

That's very debatable, in fact, my opinion is that that is not the case, and Avery is way better on D. Yes the goal is to get a first, we gonna get that with Mike, maybe more.

The majority of fans can be wrong, just because it is a majority doesn't mean it's right or can't change their views.

Don't get me wrong i like Avery but we need young assets and FO is trying to convey this season.    I am also afraid that FO won't trade Conley either.    So you think Parsons and Miles (our two least attractive assets) can get us a good pick?

If the FO doesn't trade Mike they are making the same mistake as the multitude already made. Mike is and always will be a hero, but right now is the time to do this, before the value really drops off like Tony Parker.

Parsons and Miles will get us something, but we are going to have to take long term bad contracts. Adding Waiters to the mix locks us in for 3-4 more years with trying to clear garbage. Parsons can be dealt separately, and Miles can be added to someone like Brooks or Bruno or both, and that becomes more attractive. You could even do something like Miles and SloMo and that should bring someone decent.

My point in regards to Waiters is that he could be a better fit in Memphis.   He is a more traditional type of scorer than Avery is but yea AB is def better on defense.   Miami is on record saying they will give up this years pick for their bad contracts (Waiters, JamesJohnson, and Olynk).     Which combination of those guys would you want to take on next two years for their first? 

Its just hard to bank on Parsons getting us anything.   I KNOW Avery can get us assets; I KNOW Conley can get us Assets.   Everybody else is more wishful thinking.  

What's magic about 6K. Toke gonna sing me a song?

🎵🎤🤣💨

19 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Push what young ones?  only young one we have worth pushing is Jaren.  if we convey this season then we need to trade some of these guys to get a worthy young player.  Unless yall seriously think Dorsey Dillon and Bruno are The Future. 

We have to keep in mind the longview not get caught up in fighting to be a medicore team.  

What I don’t understand is how quickly some players get forgotten or are given up on around here. Is Dillon Brooks not a player in your mind? Is he not young? I believe Ivan Rabb is 21. Is he over the hill or not worth developing?  

The franchise goal this season was to be mediocre anyway. They started the summer “wanting to be a playoff team.” Nothing more. After the trade deadline they wanted to win enough to give up the pick to Boston. The entire season has been a desire for mediocrity. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

What I don’t understand is how quickly some players get forgotten or are given up on around here. Is Dillon Brooks not a player in your mind? Is he not young? I believe Ivan Rabb is 21. Is he over the hill or not worth developing?  

The franchise goal this season was to be mediocre anyway. They started the summer “wanting to be a playoff team.” Nothing more. After the trade deadline they wanted to win enough to give up the pick to Boston. The entire season has been a desire for mediocrity. 

.If the Grizz keep their pick this year and select well they should have a much better record next year to convey the pick then. It's like some people are blind as bats, these guys are playing good together and I see no reason they can't keep improving if they can hang on to DW, AB and maybe JN because it would appear JV is going to opt in. These guys actually seem like they enjoy playing together.

If the Grizz keep their pick this year and select well they should have a much better record next year to convey the pick then. It's like some people are blind as bats, these guys are playing good together and I see no reason they can't keep improving if they can hang on to DW, AB and maybe JN because it would appear JV is going to opt in. These guys actually seem like they enjoy playing together.

The problem is what if JV opts out? What if Delon gets a huge free agent offer? What if the Front Office decides that they can’t afford Avery and a top pick this season? Lots of uncertainties about the current roster to assume they all will be back next year.

I don't think JV is going to opt out.  I am concerned someone will offer DW a big contract, I think the Grizz  should be finding out what he would want to stay so they could see what it is going to take to try to get all these guys back. Same thing with Avery. I wonder how much it would cost the Grizz to go over the tax line. Wouldn't it be the Grizz first time. After next year, Parsons will be gone or they can stretch him.

we aint going over the tax , even if we start over the tax we will end up making dumb moves to get back under it . see the holiday trade or any of the past deals we make when we start going up against it .  we have 0 reason to go above the tax before we even become a playoff teams , thats silly .

DW is a backup till he isnt ' that what the grizz should offer him , give him what backups get MLE type money and a player option and let him earn a big payday .  

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The problem is what if JV opts out? What if Delon gets a huge free agent offer? What if the Front Office decides that they can’t afford Avery and a top pick this season? Lots of uncertainties about the current roster to assume they all will be back next year.

If JV opts out, and Delon get a huge offer, the Grizzlies will be able to afford Avery if they want to sign SOMEONE 😎