CoolHandGriz

New plan moving forward...

and now it looks like we made a bunch of trades to convey and can't even do that , and we wonder why this FO couldnt ever get us talent to make finals while we were stacked .

2 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

and now it looks like we made a bunch of trades to convey and can't even do that , and we wonder why this FO couldnt ever get us talent to make finals while we were stacked .

The grizzlies had the team to go to the finals in 2014. Mike's freak injury killed it, though. Never forget that. The people that act like the grizzlies kept a losing formula are clucks that don't know basketball.

I find it funny that the warriors say that the lakers were always their rival. lol, while they couldn't beat the grizzlies to save their life.

And nobody foresaw that KD would make a ***** move and overpower the warriors for years to come. But that happened. A kd-less warrior team in 2014 got lucky to beat the grizzlies, when mike went down. Period the end.

GNG is now over, but it was highly successful in its hayday. 

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies had the team to go to the finals in 2014. Mike's freak injury killed it, though. Never forget that. The people that act like the grizzlies kept a losing formula are clucks that don't know basketball.

I find it funny that the warriors say that the lakers were always their rival. lol, while they couldn't beat the grizzlies to save their life.

And nobody foresaw that KD would make a ***** move and overpower the warriors for years to come. But that happened. A kd-less warrior team in 2014 got lucky to beat the grizzlies, when mike went down. Period the end.

it could have been better is all i'm saying  , a couple better picks and avoided trade that almost everyone new was a bad idea .

5 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He’s already better than Mike in his rookie year. What are you smoking? The kid shows 17ppg and 7.9apg and 3.3 rpg. 

Mike didn’t avg 17ppg until his SEVENTH season in the league. He has NEVER avg more than 6.5 asts. 

Trae avg 3.3 rpg and mikes CAREER avg is 2.9.

Not to mention that his avgs (including Doncic) don’t rwally match what they are doing as of now. After the first Month of the year Doncic is basically putting up 24/8/7

Trae is essentially putting up 20/10 since last month. 

Conley has never had a streak like that. Yes, Trae is already better than Conley ever was. 

Those, my friend, are REAL facts. Not some story about Sam Cassell babying a guy who actually USED to be worth 30 mil per year. 

I would disagree that he is better than Mike right now.

Mike this year is averaging: 20/6.4/3.4 has a better shooting percentage from both 2 and 3 and a better defender.

Trae this year: 17/7.7/3.3

Now, he may well become a better player than Mike, that's to be seen... but you can't just assume that he is going to put up better numbers down the road, things change, injuries, trades new coaches, schemes many thing can influence a players career.

When Mike was playing with both Zbo and Marc he didn't need to average 20ppg

You just can't compare a players 12yr career against a players 4 month career.

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

On offense maybe but its close. On defense...uh no contest.

Uh, that’s just BS. If you switched Trae and Conley. We would be a better team. Trae can pass. Conley can’t.

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You still talking about make believe scenarios?

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Uh, that’s just BS. If you switched Trae and Conley. We would be a better team. Trae can pass. Conley can’t.

Yeah he passes way better but his pnr (most of his offense) wouldnt look the same with Marc/JV as it does with athletic guys like Collins/Dedmon who dive to the rim. And Trae's league worst drpm of -4.50 is an issue. 

Trae should’ve been the pick. He is an offense. JJJ has to be spoon fed to get his. Now he’s hurt somehow after a week long break. 

Yeah Traes defense is weak, but JJJ is going to end up a center and can’t rebound. He averages 1 more board a game than Trae lol

5 minutes ago, guillermo said:

swap players- mike would have more impact for hawks than trae for grizz

I wish we could. It’d give us a reason to watch the games and a player that will actually be around for more than a year. We only have about 2 of those guys on this current roster

46 minutes ago, guillermo said:

swap players- mike would have more impact for hawks than trae for grizz

Yeah, because Mike Conley has a history of getting 30/10 to lead teams to victory.

you guys are over rating trae 

trae averages 4 turnovers a game. his assist/to is slaw.  His shot selection is slaw. His defense is slaw.

trae is a helluva passer but the turnovers are too much someone shoots so low%

mike has won us playoff games

why not go be atlanta fans?

17 minutes ago, guillermo said:

you guys are over rating trae 

trae averages 4 turnovers a game. his assist/to is slaw.  His shot selection is slaw. His defense is slaw.

trae is a helluva passer but the turnovers are too much someone shoots so low%

mike has won us playoff games

why not go be atlanta fans?

On shot selection he has canned the ridiculous 30+ footers.  Its improved a whole lot. That was probably the main reason I hated him in college cause I couldnt see past those shots.

12 minutes ago, guillermo said:

I have to assume all you trae fans wanted to draft trae over JJJ

Correct. I didn’t want to draft a guy whose coach sat him in the biggest game of the year down the stretch. I just can’t get over that. 

6 hours ago, MemphisX said:

You still talking about make believe scenarios?

It's make-believe that the grizzlies and the warriors played in 2014, or that the grizzlies dominated the warriors in the regular season, on that the grizzlies were up on the warriors 2-1, or that mike conley got hurt before that season began, or that kd joined the warriors afterwards. Or that the year before the grizzlies had made it to the west finals, and that the very next year that had won 55 games and were on a normal trajectory to possibly making the finals the next year as their team was getting better and better. Or that the grizzlies that year had a top 13 offense to go along with a top 3 defense. What am I making up exactly? 

On 2/23/2019 at 11:20 PM, MemphisX said:

First thing you need to realize is there is only one core member: Jaren. 

Dillon and Kyle ain’t a consideration in team building.

No plans can be made until after the lottery. 

Agree with this take.  I badly want an elite scoring perimeter prospect from this draft.   

I think we need to completely move on from Mike - clean slate.  His heart isn't into it and he is only getting older.  Let him go chase an AllStar berth in the East.    

Please for the love of all things holy remove this FO and freaking JB!   I will burn all my Grizz memorabilia in front of FEF if any of those guys are around for this rebuild.       JB is exhibit A-F of why coaching does matter.    No way that dude should be handed the keys to guide the development of Jaren and our#4 pick.  

Honestly it’s all about Wallace. He has got to go. It has been one mistake after another for the last 4 years. 

He is letting the botched trade with Bos dictate the whole future of this organization. Making win now moves.. in a rebuild.. to convey a pick in order to set us back even farther. And the worst part, it’s not working. Instead of ending up with good odds at a top 5 pick we are now likely to end up in the 6-8 hole. 

We should’ve been seeking long term assets in the Gasol deal, nope. 

Traded 2 2nd rounders for Holiday, when..

we couldn’t even get one for a better player in Tyreke last year. 

If he isnt fired after this season I’m going to be a Pelicans fan. 

Does anyone actually believe the front office is operating with a plan right now? 

13 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Honestly it’s all about Wallace. He has got to go. It has been one mistake after another for the last 4 years. 

He is letting the botched trade with Bos dictate the whole future of this organization. Making win now moves.. in a rebuild.. to convey a pick in order to set us back even farther. And the worst part, it’s not working. Instead of ending up with good odds at a top 5 pick we are now likely to end up in the 6-8 hole. 

We should’ve been seeking long term assets in the Gasol deal, nope. 

Traded 2 2nd rounders for Holiday, when..

we couldn’t even get one for a better player in Tyreke last year. 

If he isnt fired after this season I’m going to be a Pelicans fan. 

Yep, one turrible move after another. I'd say this FO has avoided the rebuild for 2 reasons:

1) To try and save their own butts.

2) To try and keep butts in the seats.

Guess what? Neither of those have or will happen. Be gone.

16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Does anyone actually believe the front office is operating with a plan right now? 

Maybe but its probably not a good plan.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Maybe but its probably not a good plan.

I hope you are right but I believe they are reacting to situations as they come up and have no plan. Or at least no plan that is achievable at this time.  

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Is "wait and see" a plan?  Is "we can buy draft picks" a plan?  Is "figure out the pecking order and you win a prize" a plan?

I'm finding it interesting they haven't sent out the season ticket renewal information yet.  Also, given the bleak outlook, what they are going to with prices.

In 2018, emailed on March 2nd.

In 2017, emailed on February 17th.

In 2016, emailed on February 19th.

In 2015, emailed on March 5th.

And I'm going to quit going back to look, because I think it was mailed out on or about that year.  I'm guessing by the end of next week, we'll get the season ticket info.  Maybe tonight if they beat the Lakers.  Maybe it will come after the next victory.  It might be a while if that is the case.

I have no idea what's going on.

We are trying to win but keep on losing.

We keep playing vets so we are not rebuilding.

Like what the ...#$%.. is going on!!!!