VikingWarrior

Road to nowhere? Predict the record for the next 13 games

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

What if they don't convey?

They gonna just try to be as average as possible for the next two years as well?

Maybe we are going after Terrence Clarke in 2022.

Not sure we aren't "tanking" but I think we would much rather be at 1-3 than 6-8.  Maybe our FO and scouts see something in the 2020 draft.  

I think we need another "superstar" or at least a "star" and this year is as good as any but let's see what happens.

There might be some Mitchell Robinson-style 2nd round sleepers this year, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

I am not even going to pretend to be as elaborate as Wells used to be with these threads but I thought it would be good to get the prediction thread up to get a sense of what people think of our new shaped team

 

Personally I believe our road to nowhere will start out strong and put us in a good position in relation to conveying the pick.

 

Why did I chose 13 games? Who knows - it’s 1am and I might have had some adult beverages. That might explain why I feel so dam# positive as well

 

Wed 2/13 vs Spurs

I think we will bring our momentum into the break with a win over the reeling Spurs. Yes the reeling spurs have lost 4 in a row. Make it 5...

W

 

Thu 2/14 @ Bulls

They are even worse post deadline to me, this is a “must win” for our stated goal

W

 

Sat 2/23 va Clippers

Tough game and I’m going to go with my heart instead of my head as I still hate the clippers

W

 

2/24@ Cleveland

No story needed. We on a roll

W

 

2/26 @ Lakers

Here come the tampering all stars,,,

LeBron will be in panic mode to get into Playoffs

L

 

2/28 vs Bulls

See earlier comment

W

 

3/3 vs Mavs

JJJ vs Doncic.... Doncic looks awesome and Mavs are looking decent but we need this game bad and being in the grind house will be the decisive point

W

This will act as the tiebreaker game so add score 

104-93 Griz 

 

3/6 Portland

3/9 Utah

Think we get one of 2 of these games

 

3/10 Magic

3/14 Hawks

3/17 Wizards

Three very winnable games but knowing us no guarantees. Going with 2-1 thiugh.

 

Yes I am very optimistic about this upcoming set of games

10-3. Will put us in a much better spot to get to convey pick.

 

 

 

I don,t think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

In reality, to get the rebuild going, the FO just needed to forget about the pick. The fact that's it's still driving a lot of the decision-making is mind-boggling at this point.

I respectfully disagree. Our roster isn’t good enough and won’t be good enough with average rookies (unless we luck into Zion this year which can still happen finishing #9 from the bottom) to ensure we have a good record in 2021. Convey pick now, get a good pick next year, maybe a stud in 2021 and go from there. Infact I think they are being quite shrewd about the way they are going about things for a change. Get the anchor off our back and let the rebuild occur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Maybe we are going after Terrence Clarke in 2022.

Not sure we aren't "tanking" but I think we would much rather be at 1-3 than 6-8.  Maybe our FO and scouts see something in the 2020 draft.  

I think we need another "superstar" or at least a "star" and this year is as good as any but let's see what happens.

There might be some Mitchell Robinson-style 2nd round sleepers this year, too.

2019 is a below average draft other than top 2-3 possibly turning out to be stars/NBA starters. There can be some surprises from later picks but that can be the case with any draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

2019 is a below average draft other than top 2-3 possibly turning out to be stars/NBA starters. There can be some surprises from later picks but that can be the case with any draft.

I'm not too hyped about 2020.  Even at the top really. Hopefully our FO is doing its homework. Ironically, next year's depth could come down to guys who have "first round potential" but go back to school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go 5-8

The Clippers game is a toss up for me, the Grizz could win that game too.

Spurs- L   Edit: Conley ruled out

@ Bulls- W

Clippers- L

@ Cavs- W

Lakers- L

Bulls- W

@ Mavs- L

@ Thunder- L

Blazers- L

Jazz- L

Magic- W

@ Hawks- W

@ Wizards- L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should start Parsons in THESE games against THESE players:

Lakers: guarding LeBron

Mavs: guarding Luka

Jazz: guarding Rudy Gobert

Hawks: guarding Trae Young

Yeah, I want to completely humiliate this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 9:24 PM, BAMAFREAK said:

Here comes Atl!! 

Tank baby tank

 

Hawks lost to NY tonight.

The Grizzlies are not going to catch the Hawks.

Right now, they are like the Warriors with a 25 point lead midway through the 4th.

They will pull their starters, but if the other team gets within 15 in enough time to win, they will pull the subs and the starters go back in until the cushion is comfortable enough again.

 

If the Grizzlies would happen to get within 2 games, the Hawks will just go back into "Full bench development mode" (tanking) until the distance gets back to 3 or 4 games.

 

It was no different then the Suns last year, the Grizzlies weren't going to catch them.  The Suns would only win down the stretch if the Grizzlies won.  

 

Everygame this year needs to be a focus on auditioning these guys for next year.  Find out who can play, and who is not worth bringing back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tank. The pick is a sunk cost. What do you do with sunk costs? You make  decisions independent of the sunk cost. We should tank this year and try to convey next year where it's only top 6 protected. We ought to be able to do that at least.

 

The suns last year are a bad example. They're moribund. Congrats to them on continuing to tank and acquiring all these assets and teaching them all to lose. Josh Jackson, Booker, Ayton, etc.

 

Honestly, Suns and Cavs are poster teams for why no team should be allowed to win the lottery more than once every 5 years.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Tank. The pick is a sunk cost. What do you do with sunk costs? You make  decisions independent of the sunk cost. We should tank this year and try to convey next year where it's only top 6 protected. We ought to be able to do that at least.

 

The suns last year are a bad example. They're moribund. Congrats to them on continuing to tank and acquiring all these assets and teaching them all to lose. Josh Jackson, Booker, Ayton, etc.

 

Honestly, Suns and Cavs are poster teams for why no team should be allowed to win the lottery more than once every 5 years.

 

 

I guess I'm not getting your point here.  2018 was the first time the Suns won the lottery in their entire history.  The Cavaliers, on the other hand, have won it five times since 1970, three in the last 20, though they flubbed the pick in 2013 and traded it in 2014.  Yeah, I know, the lottery wasn't used in the '70s, but I don't remember when it started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Tank. The pick is a sunk cost. What do you do with sunk costs? You make  decisions independent of the sunk cost. We should tank this year and try to convey next year where it's only top 6 protected. We ought to be able to do that at least.

 

The suns last year are a bad example. They're moribund. Congrats to them on continuing to tank and acquiring all these assets and teaching them all to lose. Josh Jackson, Booker, Ayton, etc.

 

Honestly, Suns and Cavs are poster teams for why no team should be allowed to win the lottery more than once every 5 years.

 

 

Depends on what they plan on doing with Conley, if they are going to shop him again this summer they need to convey the pick this year. Next year's team without Conley could struggle to finish outside the bottom 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

4-6 over the last 10 with 3 to go in the 13-game set.

 

I was sorely wrong but we are starting to look better now ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 1:19 AM, VikingWarrior said:

I am not even going to pretend to be as elaborate as Wells used to be with these threads but I thought it would be good to get the prediction thread up to get a sense of what people think of our new shaped team

 

Personally I believe our road to nowhere will start out strong and put us in a good position in relation to conveying the pick.

 

Why did I chose 13 games? Who knows - it’s 1am and I might have had some adult beverages. That might explain why I feel so dam# positive as well

 

Wed 2/13 vs Spurs

I think we will bring our momentum into the break with a win over the reeling Spurs. Yes the reeling spurs have lost 4 in a row. Make it 5...

W

 

Thu 2/14 @ Bulls

They are even worse post deadline to me, this is a “must win” for our stated goal

W

 

Sat 2/23 va Clippers

Tough game and I’m going to go with my heart instead of my head as I still hate the clippers

W

 

2/24@ Cleveland

No story needed. We on a roll

W

 

2/26 @ Lakers

Here come the tampering all stars,,,

LeBron will be in panic mode to get into Playoffs

L

 

2/28 vs Bulls

See earlier comment

W

 

3/3 vs Mavs

JJJ vs Doncic.... Doncic looks awesome and Mavs are looking decent but we need this game bad and being in the grind house will be the decisive point

W

This will act as the tiebreaker game so add score 

104-93 Griz 

 

3/6 Portland

3/9 Utah

Think we get one of 2 of these games

 

3/10 Magic

3/14 Hawks

3/17 Wizards

Three very winnable games but knowing us no guarantees. Going with 2-1 thiugh.

 

Yes I am very optimistic about this upcoming set of games

10-3. Will put us in a much better spot to get to convey pick.

 

 

 

looks like you may be 100 percent on target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

I was sorely wrong but we are starting to look better now ...

Beating Portland and Utah at home are nice wins. Orlando should be a win as they are tanking to get a higher pick while the Grizzlies are trying to convey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Beating Portland and Utah at home are nice wins. Orlando should be a win as they are tanking to get a higher pick while the Grizzlies are trying to convey. 

nah, Orlando is on the playoff bubble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 2:10 PM, lions said:

I don,t think so

I,m HAPPY  to say for  the first time in a long time I,M WRONG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now