VikingWarrior

Road to nowhere? Predict the record for the next 13 games

I am not even going to pretend to be as elaborate as Wells used to be with these threads but I thought it would be good to get the prediction thread up to get a sense of what people think of our new shaped team

Personally I believe our road to nowhere will start out strong and put us in a good position in relation to conveying the pick.

Why did I chose 13 games? Who knows - it’s 1am and I might have had some adult beverages. That might explain why I feel so dam# positive as well

Wed 2/13 vs Spurs

I think we will bring our momentum into the break with a win over the reeling Spurs. Yes the reeling spurs have lost 4 in a row. Make it 5...

W

Thu 2/14 @ Bulls

They are even worse post deadline to me, this is a “must win” for our stated goal

W

Sat 2/23 va Clippers

Tough game and I’m going to go with my heart instead of my head as I still hate the clippers

W

2/24@ Cleveland

No story needed. We on a roll

W

2/26 @ Lakers

Here come the tampering all stars,,,

LeBron will be in panic mode to get into Playoffs

L

2/28 vs Bulls

See earlier comment

W

3/3 vs Mavs

JJJ vs Doncic.... Doncic looks awesome and Mavs are looking decent but we need this game bad and being in the grind house will be the decisive point

W

This will act as the tiebreaker game so add score 

104-93 Griz 

3/6 Portland

3/9 Utah

Think we get one of 2 of these games

3/10 Magic

3/14 Hawks

3/17 Wizards

Three very winnable games but knowing us no guarantees. Going with 2-1 thiugh.

Yes I am very optimistic about this upcoming set of games

10-3. Will put us in a much better spot to get to convey pick.

I feel like the next 10 games we will more than we lose. No idea on a record but I can see us doing it. 

Spurs- W

Bulls- W

Clippers- L

Cavs- W

Lakers- L

Bulls- W

Mavs- W

Thunder- L

Blazers- L

Jazz- L

Magic- W

Hawks- W

Wizards- W

8-5

31-39

Spurs- L

@ Bulls- W

Clippers- L

@ Cavs- W

Lakers- L

Bulls- W

@ Mavs- L

Thunder- L

Blazers- L

Jazz- L

Magic- W

@ Hawks- W

@ Wizards- L

5-8

Improvement but not as much as some people are calling for. 

5 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Why did I chose 13 games? Who knows - it’s 1am and I might have had some adult beverages. That might explain why I feel so dam# positive as well

Good thread Viking, but if we show up on those dates for all those games we will be a day late and lose them all by forfeit.  And the Dallas game is away and only our second meeting with them.  We still have two more.  Those adult beverages must've been good  What were you having?:D

How many wins do you think it will take to convey the pick? Last year the Knicks finished 9th with 29 wins, but you could make the argument that with last year's deep draft more teams were tanking. Would 29 wins be enough to convey the pick this year? I think we can get to 29 wins, but I'm not sure that would be enough to finish 9th or better this year.

I think 7-6 over 13.  Some winnable games, but this team hasn't been able to successfully close out that well.  There's a whole range of outcomes that would surprise me, but nothing between 3 to 11 wins would be a tremendous shock.

Spurs - L

Bulls - W

Clippers - L

Cavs - W

Lakers - L

Bulls - L

Mavs - L

Thunder - L

Blazers - L

Jazz - L

Magic - L

Hawks - W

Wizards - W

4 - 9

Hate to be so pessimistic, but thus far our new team has only beaten a conflicted Pelicans team who were on the 2nd night of a back to back. 

How we look against a well drilled Spurs team will tell us how well we do in this stretch.

***If KBM sleeps through all these games we go 13 - 0.  Call me superstitious.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Good thread Viking, but if we show up on those dates for all those games we will be a day late and lose them all by forfeit.  And the Dallas game is away and only our second meeting with them.  We still have two more.  Those adult beverages must've been good  What were you having?:D

Hahahahaha this is what happens when you open up a bottle of makers mark:/

7-6 or 6-7 for me

but the key will be the ASG break, not just for us, maybe some team can give up PO dreams and start losing bad.

Before that, I hope in 1-1 (I think we're gonna lose tonight vs Spurs)

Ideal finish is to be outside the top 8. We can still jump in the top 4 depending on the lottery but if we don’t let’s convey otherwise we’ll be stuck with an average- mediocre player in the 6-8 range and still having to give up a potential stud in 2021 to Boston.

8 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Ideal finish is to be outside the top 8. We can still jump in the top 4 depending on the lottery but if we don’t let’s convey otherwise we’ll be stuck with an average- mediocre player in the 6-8 range and still having to give up a potential stud in 2021 to Boston.

I mean, Boston only gets to pick where Memphis finishes.

In theory, if they finish 11th overall in 2021, then that's the pick Boston gets.

In reality, it's not going to be fun to give that pick to Boston whenever, just hope it's not #1. Anything 5-7 range and lower, I can live with.

43 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

In theory, if they finish 11th overall in 2021, then that's the pick Boston gets.

In reality, it's not going to be fun to give that pick to Boston whenever, just hope it's not #1. Anything 5-7 range and lower, I can live with.

If they strip it down completely and start building around young players now, its likely they will still be very bad in 2021 and Boston will be getting one hell of a pick/player.

1 minute ago, KyleB said:

If they strip it down completely and start building around young players now, its likely they will still be very bad in 2021 and Boston will be getting one hell of a pick/player.

Agree, but not sure they will strip it down all the way - acquiring players like Jonas and not trading Mike makes me wonder.

49 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Of course but I don’t think it’s worth taking the risk to give up a top 3 pick. I don’t see the Grizz turning their fortunes around in terms of win-loss record anytime soon. There’s a good chance IMO we’ll trade Conley during the draft and get a 1st round pick regardless. To get the rebuild truly going, IMO we need to get off the d@mn Boston pick and move forward.

27 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Of course but I don’t think it’s worth taking the risk to give up a top 3 pick. I don’t see the Grizz turning their fortunes around in terms of win-loss record anytime soon. There’s a good chance IMO we’ll trade Conley during the draft and get a 1st round pick regardless. To get the rebuild truly going, IMO we need to get off the d@mn Boston pick and move forward.

In reality, to get the rebuild going, the FO just needed to forget about the pick. The fact that's it's still driving a lot of the decision-making is mind-boggling at this point.

6 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Hopefully we lose all of them and the hawks pass us. We need a top 5 pick this year. 

Either way, looks like it will be 1-3 or 6-8 -- and I would much rather be at 1.  There will still be good options at 6-8 but things get trickier.  

We would have to have one of the worst 5 records in the league to be assured of a top 8 draft pick.  At this point I think we are more likely to move up in the win column than the LOSS column.

The FO needs to figure out real quick whether they like this draft better or next year's draft.  That's basically the decision.

Im with chip, its  5-8. I hope we loose more games and go into top 3, but if we stay with our pick where it is right now we can still get a nice player in Culver.

6 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Either way, looks like it will be 1-3 or 6-8 -- and I would much rather be at 1.  There will still be good options at 6-8 but things get trickier.  

We would have to have one of the worst 5 records in the league to be assured of a top 8 draft pick.  At this point I think we are more likely to move up in the win column than the LOSS column.

The FO needs to figure out real quick whether they like this draft better or next year's draft.  That's basically the decision.

Wallace already said after trade deadline that they want to convey the pick. The problemn is that we are not that good to make sure it will happen. I getting comfortable with the idea of drafting a player like Garland or Culver if we dont go into top 3. If we get lucky we might be able to change everything in 2/3 years