So, when does Harvey get called up to the Griz and allowed to play in this new look offense?

Dude is lighting up the G League right now.

Since there is nothing real to play for this season, might as well let him have a few minutes sometime this year.

With competent front office it would’ve been now. But this FO is sacrificing the future in order to be just good enough to convey the pick. They are in win now mode with a 30 win roster because of a mistake THEY made a few years ago. It’s madness

7 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

With competent front office it would’ve been now. But this FO is sacrificing the future in order to be just good enough to convey the pick. They are in win now mode with a 30 win roster because of a mistake THEY made a few years ago. It’s madness

Sadly enough, once we convey the pick, Wallace will probably make a dumbass trade that'll tie another pick up for several years.

12 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Got a 'too lazy top check' question -> How many G-League guys get called up and really make it in the League? 

Maybe a handful...couple of success stories.

I was more thinking why not at this point...Bruno and Yuta and Julian are all getting some burn...why not a guy who not only is busting it for the Hustle but putting up some numbers (and shooting the ball from deep)?

My best guess is Tyler Harvey is not an NBA talent.

But at this point why not plan on calling up some of these guys and giving them their shot?

Yeah, I know the plan is to get Jonas and Chandler and Kyle back into the lineup and convey the pick.

Blah Blah Blah

The Grizzlies have pulled up plenty of guys from the G-League over the last 3 years so I know they are willing.

At this point, I'm guessing they are spending a lot of time looking at their roster, especially as they decide on Bruno.

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Got a 'too lazy top check' question -> How many G-League guys get called up and really make it in the League? 

Jonathan Simmons  whos been mostly awful since leaving the spurs 

Fred VanVleet i think ..but i think he turned down offers from teams and joined the raptors summer league 

i read awhile ago that 35% of players have spend time in the g league 

7 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Can other teams sign this guy even though we have his g league rights?

I believe so. Goodwin was signed by another team

6 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

We got his draft rights I'm pretty sure, since he was a 2nd round pick a few years ago but never signed a contract. Not exactly sure what the difference is, but I would guess not. What WVgrizz said about Goodwin only applies to undrafted players I think. Either way, I hope he gets a chance either sometime this year or at least in training camp. 

22 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

You know they would have to give up on Caboclo or cut someone to sign him right?  It's just one game and we do have his signing rights.  It isn't the league scoring record.  That belongs to Russ Smith, and who is he starring for these days?

42 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

You know they would have to give up on Caboclo or cut someone to sign him right?  It's just one game and we do have his signing rights.  It isn't the league scoring record.  That belongs to Russ Smith, and who is he starring for these days?

Tyler Harvey isn’t the point. The point is we are playing guys like CJ Miles and Joakim Noah who have ZERO future on this team just to win a few games here and there. 

14 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I believe only the 2-way contract guys are restricted to their specific franchise, and everybody else that doesn't have a contract with an NBA team is basically a free agent.

I think the Grizzlies have signed quite a few guys from other G-League rosters.

Some guys get a 2-way deal like Myke Henry last year who played for OKC's affiliate.

A bunch of the 10-day contracts were guys signed from other G-League teams: Briante Webber, Vince Hunter.  Almost half that squad from Dave's last year were G-League type guys.

My guess on the most successful Grizzlies G-League call up was James Johnson who was playing in Rio when Grizzlies signed him in December.  

8 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

We got his draft rights I'm pretty sure, since he was a 2nd round pick a few years ago but never signed a contract. Not exactly sure what the difference is, but I would guess not. What WVgrizz said about Goodwin only applies to undrafted players I think. Either way, I hope he gets a chance either sometime this year or at least in training camp. 

Man, I'd forgotten all about trading for his rights. Interesting.

33 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I believe only the 2-way contract guys are restricted to their specific franchise, and everybody else that doesn't have a contract with an NBA team is basically a free agent.

I think the Grizzlies have signed quite a few guys from other G-League rosters.

Some guys get a 2-way deal like Myke Henry last year who played for OKC's affiliate.

A bunch of the 10-day contracts were guys signed from other G-League teams: Briante Webber, Vince Hunter.  Almost half that squad from Dave's last year were G-League type guys.

My guess on the most successful Grizzlies G-League call up was James Johnson who was playing in Rio when Grizzlies signed him in December.  

We have his draft rights.  Anyone else would have to deal with us.

44 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Tyler Harvey isn’t the point. The point is we are playing guys like CJ Miles and Joakim Noah who have ZERO future on this team just to win a few games here and there. 

Every team in the league has guys like that.  Why should we be different?  You do understand the reasoning behind conveying the pick, don't you?

43 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Every team in the league has guys like that.  Why should we be different?  You do understand the reasoning behind conveying the pick, don't you?

Absolutely, but I think it’s misguided. They are letting this pick debt influence the rebuild. Setting us back years in the process. This fan base can’t handle that. 

57 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Absolutely, but I think it’s misguided. They are letting this pick debt influence the rebuild. Setting us back years in the process. This fan base can’t handle that. 

Plus you already have 3 G League guys running around out there  - Yuta, Bruno and Julian.

Not sure why Tyler is any different other than height.

guard isnt a need for the team right now. the 2 way guys are both wings for a reason. you need that depth there. yuta should be close to having his 45 days up with the grizz (main reason they waived jarnell and picked up washburn). a 5th big man makes more sense than a guard at this point in time

To be honest, we don't know what the future holds. The owner and the front office decided a long time ago they wanted to convey the pick to Boston this season. Whether or not that decision will look wise in hindsight is for the future to determine. I'm just glad they aren't flip-flopping around on the decision. 

Face it. This season's team was always built to be good enough to convey the pick. It was never an attempt at making a serious playoff run much less a title. The trade brought in some youth in Delon and Jonas but the objective hasn't changed, they want to win enough to convey the pick. Once that is behind them they can fully rebuild the franchise.