5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

To be honest, we don't know what the future holds. The owner and the front office decided a long time ago they wanted to convey the pick to Boston this season. Whether or not that decision will look wise in hindsight is for the future to determine. I'm just glad they aren't flip-flopping around on the decision. 

Face it. This season's team was always built to be good enough to convey the pick. It was never an attempt at making a serious playoff run much less a title. The trade brought in some youth in Delon and Jonas but the objective hasn't changed, they want to win enough to convey the pick. Once that is behind them they can fully rebuild the franchise. 

i will say originally it was make the playoffs therefore conveying the pick, but once they went on that post thanksgiving slide it went to ok we're out of the playoffs, but we just need to convey the pick.

1 minute ago, TJfromTwitter said:

i will say originally it was make the playoffs therefore conveying the pick, but once they went on that post thanksgiving slide it went to ok we're out of the playoffs, but we just need to convey the pick.

Don't be fooled by the pre-season chatter about a deep playoff run. This team was filled with players on one year contracts. The plan was to make a final run and convey the pick then rebuild. 10 of the 15 players on the opening night roster were on one year contracts or had options to become free agents. Brooks and Rabb also team options the rest were outright free agents or had the ability to opt out

As I said on the boards before the start of the season, if everyone played above potential or to potential the team had an outside shot at 50 wins. Parsons, Conley and Gasol had to be healthy. JJJ had to develop fast. JaMychal and Garrett had to produce above their career averages. Selden or Marshawn Brooks had to develop as a more consistent scoring threat and Kyle needed to take the next step in his game. 

Only a few of things panned out. It was highly unlikely all of them would to anyone who was being honest from the beginning. 

nahh i didnt think a deep playoff run was ever a realistic goal. the team wasnt that level of deep. it was good enough talent wise to make a 1st round exit, which on the surface is what the organization could have used. after a tank year, boom, back in the playoffs. the team was never a threat to make a deep run. too many factors for them to go that far to be fair. 

its tricky because carter, bradley, holiday, wright, and miles can all play the 2. they have delon, whom i would be very surprised if they didnt pay him heavily in the off season to keep him around. (they went after him and miles in the past) there's just no real space for harvey on the roster currently. once yuta's 45 days are up, i guess they could bring harvey up in theres an injury, but i imagine they grab another 2 way big.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, TJfromTwitter said:

its tricky because carter, bradley, holiday, wright, and miles can all play the 2. they have delon, whom i would be very surprised if they didnt pay him heavily in the off season to keep him around. (they went after him and miles in the past) there's just no real space for harvey on the roster currently. once yuta's 45 days are up, i guess they could bring harvey up in theres an injury, but i imagine they grab another 2 way big.

Don't they have to sign him to a contract to bring him up?  He's not on a two-way.  With the signing of Bruno Caboclo there are no more roster spots.

Give him a shot in training camp, you have to sign 20 people anyway. I'd imagine we might see him with the summer league team as well. 

Summer league team as of now: Carter, Harvey, Yuta, Dorsey, our 1st rounder if we get one, maybe Bruno a little bit at least, whatever other fodder we bring in. I doubt JJJ will play at all, but you never know. It will also depend if we trade Mike and get any young pieces back. 

14 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Give him a shot in training camp, you have to sign 20 people anyway. I'd imagine we might see him with the summer league team as well. 

Summer league team as of now: Carter, Harvey, Yuta, Dorsey, our 1st rounder if we get one, maybe Bruno a little bit at least, whatever other fodder we bring in. I doubt JJJ will play at all, but you never know. It will also depend if we trade Mike and get any young pieces back. 

Hes almost ready to be the 15th man on our bench