chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies at Chicago Bulls - 2/13/19

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, February 13, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies at Chicago Bulls

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Mike Conley Avery Bradley Justin Holiday Jaren Jackson Ivan Rabb
201144.png 202340.png 203200.png 1628991.png 1628397.png

Bulls Starting 5

Kris Dunn Zach Levine Otto Porter Jr Lauri Markkanen Robin Lopez
1627739.png 203897.png 203490.png 1628374.png 201577.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Shelvin Mack, Jevon Carter, Wayne Seldon, Dillon Brooks, JaMychal Green, Omar Casspi, Chandler Parsons, Ivan Rabb, DJ Stephens, Marshon Brooks

Chicago: Rawle Alkins, Ryan Arcidiacono, Antonio Blackeney, Wendell Carter, Jr, Christiano Felicio, Shaquille Harrison, Chandler Hutchison, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Brandon Sampson,Wayne Selden, Denzel Valentine 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Bulls: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

JV should start here but should play not more than 24 minutes. 

Since its a away game and we are not that game healthy and chemistry wise I see a L here, but who knows. I like the effort yesterday.

Must win.

Get these new guys some confidence.  Play the young guys, too.

Bruno needs 25 minutes.  Maybe more.  

JV needs all the minutes he can handle, but maybe less of Noah (although him back in Chi Town might motivate him a ton), and more of Jaren/Ivan pairings.

Less Jevon if Conley can give it a go.  I would like to see some Yuta at the 2.  In no way is Justin Holiday a 3.  Bruno and CJ Miles are the only "small forwards" on the team.

Would love a loss here. Would be great for the tank and humiliate the FO, who have made win now moves going back to the Justin Holiday trade. 

Need for the Hawks to pass us and finish 5th in the lottery. Get a chance to add actual lottery talent to fit JJJ and the future of our franchise. Not just bandaids to convey the pick and rectify a stupid move 4 years ago

So - I’m honestly looking forward to this game. Why? I want to see if we can bring similar energy as we brought against the Spurs. If we do we will win easily. For the first time in a while I really enjoyed watching the team and jjj wasn’t even on his game 

Go Grizz

4 hours ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Would love a loss here. Would be great for the tank and humiliate the FO, who have made win now moves going back to the Justin Holiday trade. 

Need for the Hawks to pass us and finish 5th in the lottery. Get a chance to add actual lottery talent to fit JJJ and the future of our franchise. Not just bandaids to convey the pick and rectify a stupid move 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the Hawks are trying to win or trying to lose?  Do the HAWKS know?

6 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Does anyone know if the Hawks are trying to win or trying to lose?  Do the HAWKS know?

They have a good majority of their future core in place so they are trying to win. 

Plus they know the flat odds so jumping a team or two isn’t a killer

15 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

They have a good majority of their future core in place so they are trying to win. 

Plus they know the flat odds so jumping a team or two isn’t a killer

Oh yeah, true.  I just think they want positive momentum to end the year.  Probably can't catch the Suns/Cavs/Bulls/Knicks anyway.

The Hawks ALSO have the Mavs pick (unless it is top 5).  They could really clean up in this draft.

I think the Grizz wanna see what we have with the new guys.  Then if Jaren/Bruno/Rabb can fit in.  Other than the young guys probably getting more minutes and touches down the stretch I STILL don't think the FO knows if it wants to keep the pick or convey it.  Even if we finish with the 6th worse record there is still a chance 3 teams pass us in the lotto and we lose the pick anyway.

Judging by the threads that have popped up and his performance these last two nights so far, JV is gonna be a fan favorite.

Atleast for the next 25 games, then he bolts.

I dont like much the first half. We do not defend, Noah came in and get 3 faults very fast becauue he was the only one who put energy on defense. I don't care to see our team score 115 points if we loose  the game. And i dont think that we can switch from a defensive team when Marc was here to a great offensive team so easily buy changing 3 guys. We will need to put much more energy in defense if we want to win this game.

4 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I dont like much the first half. We do not defend, Noah came in and get 3 faults very fast becauue he was the only one who put energy on defense. I don't care to see our team score 115 points if we loose  the game. And i dont think that we can switch from a defensive team when Marc was here to a great offensive team so easily buy changing 3 guys. We will need to put much more energy in defense if we want to win this game.

Robin Lopez looked like an All-Star in the first half.  We're not guarding the three point line well either.