chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs San Antonio Spurs -2/12/19

Recommended Posts

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, February 12, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs San Antonio

Location: FedEx Forum

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn


Grizzlies Starting 5

Mike Conley Avery Bradley Justin Holiday Jaren Jackson Ivan Rabb
201144.png 202340.png 203200.png 1628991.png 1628397.png

Spurs Starting 5

Bryn Forbes Demar DeRozen Davis Bertans  LeMarcus Aldridge Jacob Poeltl
1627854.png 201942.png 202722.png 200746.png 1627751.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Kyle Anderson, Dillon Brooks, Bruno Cabloco, Jevon Carter, Tyler Dorsey, CJ Miles, Joakim Noah, Chandler Parsons, Jonas Valanciunas, Julian Washburn, Yuta Watanabe, Delon Wright

San Antonio: Marco Belinelli, Dante Cunningham, Drew Eubanks, Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay, Chimezie Metu, Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, Quincy Pondexter, Lonnie Walker IV, 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Spurs: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spurs have lost 4 in a row on their "Rodeo trip", and some weren't close.

Hope it gets pushed to 5.  I can't imagine they'll have a great scouting report on the team since it is so different from the last game, except that it would be to stop #13 and #11.

Looking forward to seeing Jonas.  Has his visa issue been resolved?  I see nothing about it on twitter.

 

Quite a few guys playing against former teammates in this game with DeRozan facing a bunch of ex-Raptors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, either Mike Wallace is a horrible trader, or, no one wants Chandler Parsons.  Either way, I say, let's get the most out of him until the end of the contract.  Have him play every game, until his knees gives out.  Then, we make him be a player developer, helping the young players on the finer points of shooting threes and do other chores. For $25 million a year, and, only getting 10 pts. a game for a few games a season makes a VERY EXPENSIVE Water Boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Actually excited to see this game.   

me too ! 

and like GV said ... the Spurs are coming in losers of 4 in a row... there is no way a Pops coached team is gonna come in here and lay down... I want to see our guys jump out early and go hard start to end. 

13 is gonna have his hands full going against LA ... I hope he's up to the challenge.

Also - 2 fouls last game ... only 2 fouls for the whole game!

Is he getting better at picking his spots or was that a one off?

I hope he keeps his aggression AND plays smart ... I believe he can AND will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

me too ! 

and like GV said ... the Spurs are coming in losers of 4 in a row... there is no way a Pops coached team is gonna come in here and lay down... I want to see our guys jump out early and go hard start to end. 

13 is gonna have his hands full going against LA ... I hope he's up to the challenge.

Also - 2 fouls last game ... only 2 fouls for the whole game!

Is he getting better at picking his spots or was that a one off?

I hope he keeps his aggression AND plays smart ... I believe he can AND will. 

Havent they been playing LMA at C and Rudy @ 4?

Put JV on LMA and Jaren on Rudy. Noah can spell JV to have a dig at LMA as well. 

Might be an even matchup in the front court

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just used the starting lineup from their last game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rc0213 said:

Apparently, either Mike Wallace is a horrible trader, or, no one wants Chandler Parsons.  Either way, I say, let's get the most out of him until the end of the contract.  Have him play every game, until his knees gives out.  Then, we make him be a player developer, helping the young players on the finer points of shooting threes and do other chores. For $25 million a year, and, only getting 10 pts. a game for a few games a season makes a VERY EXPENSIVE Water Boy.

 

mike wallace.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we win tonight. Even during our horrible stretch, one of our wins was at home against the Spurs. This team has a lot more length than the last roster and I think we’ll create problems on the defensive end. Win tonight and hopefully tomorrow and let the chips fall where they may after the ASB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Actually excited to see this game.   

I am too,  but looks like a L for me. I want to see what JV will give us. I think he takes Rabb starting spot in 2 or 3 games at most. 

How long Anderson will be out? Our FAs fowards are cursed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I am too,  but looks like a L for me. I want to see what JV will give us. I think he takes Rabb starting spot in 2 or 3 games at most. 

How long Anderson will be out? Our FAs fowards are cursed.

May have to wait a lil while to see Jonas as he still isn't cleared to play.   

I am really trying to figure out how Kyle fits in with faster paced team and rabb at C.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This is still going on:

 

 

How long it takes for him to get his papers??? This is insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This is still going on:

 

 

I feel Jonas valanciunas will be a BIG ASSET for Memphis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JV playin with Derozan tonight...on opposite sides and not in Raps uniforms. As a Toronto Grizz fan this is 4th dimension level of mixed feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just went over to the raptors web site marc seems VERY HAPPY 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how LONG is the nba going to let coach pop be a A----- H  every time I watch him being interviewed I,m starting  hate him more and more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

He's cleared

let him play Grizzlies fans should be happy with him YOUNG ,BIG , STRONG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This is still going on:

 

 

Border security LOL

Lucky there's no wall, or he wouldnt be playing unti next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bruno still here i thought his contract expired

I think it expires tomorrow. Not sure if he is good for the Bulls game or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now