Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Avoiding the lottery strategy, and other topics about Mike Conley and the rebuild

4 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

we also screamed on this boards that he should be in the post way more which i think SAC started doing and what do ya know his game started looking better and better

I don't think Rudy wanted down there.

28 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

If we don't end up conveying the pick this year then we have to keep Conley and try to make the playoffs next season unless we can get a no-brainer trade (top 8 pick plus Conley for Anthony Davis and a point guard).  

The league is too talented, too hard, too competitive, too complicated not to have an elite floor general.  Don't get rid of Conley unless we get back a similarly talented point guard (Rubio? Lowry? Jru Holiday?) or a stud rookie.  

they will get way better offers than conley/8 for AD

1 minute ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

they will get way better offers than conley/8 for AD

When some of these people dream, they really dream BIG. They got Jrue, why would they want MC? You think maybe that guy might be KBM?

10 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

I mean this with all due respect but a lot of this sounds like scrub love.

We shouldn't be planning for anything based on Delon Wright. If he is decent (jury is still out) we can match his offer. That's all I would do for him.

JV hasn't even played a game for us yet, but hopefully he is decent. 

Noah is redundant when you already have Jackson, Rabb and Valanciunas. We agree here.

Dorsey will be in China next year. Jevon could easily be there in three years.

Trading Conley would certainly lock us into the bottom 3 for the next 2 years so this might be an excellent strategy if we convey the pick this summer!

I would try to bring back Justin Holiday though it is nice having someone thay can occasionally hit an open 3. 

JV is a good player there is ample proof of it.  Only question would be where is his best fit.    Delon Wright is a solid player as well and nobody is viewing him as some Savior.    I view JV as a scoring and rebounding true center.    I view Delon as a combo guard that plays solid defense and can slash.    I don't have unrealistic expectations on them because i based them on their body of work.  

My point in mentioning Dorsey and the others was there ages.   Most ppl were upset because we got no players that fit Jaren's timeline.  I was pointing out that we did acquire one and already had some on the roster.  Once again not saying those dudes SHOULD be part of the future but who knows.   

Jevon i have no opinion of anymore.  Thats why in another scenario i included him in Conley trade. 

The reason why you keep Delon and potentially Avery is to lessen the blow of losing Conley.     Conley is a ticking time bomb regardless due to his age and injury history.   It's more  likely we could be a lottery team WITH him (just like we are now) if the plan is to keep on depending on Mike another 2 years.   My proposal to trade with Indy brings us back Aaron; but i'd be foolish to hand him the keys right away that's why you resign a more experienced player like Delon.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

JV is a good player there is ample proof of it.  Only question would be where is his best fit.    Delon Wright is a solid player as well and nobody is viewing him as some Savior.    I view JV as a scoring and rebounding true center.    I view Delon as a combo guard that plays solid defense and can slash.    I don't have unrealistic expectations on them because i based them on their body of work.  

I got you.

Being in Memphis can positively or negatively impact a player's performance so I will take a "wait and see" approach on those two dudes personally.

We have been trending in the negative direction recently, but maybe unloading Gasol will remedy this.