Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

David Cobb AND Mark Giannotto are the beat reporters that the grizzlies have needed FOREVER

I remember in the 90s in Houston that the Houston Post and the Houston Chronicle used to spare with the front office at levels unseen in modern newspaper reporting. They would break stories that nobody else could and they were passionate about the city and the team and weren't looking for the next big career move:

Enter David Cobb and Mark Giannotto This guy I love the way these guys are reporting on the grizzlies right now. Here is an example by Mark:

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/mark-giannotto/2019/02/09/memphis-grizzlies-chris-wallace-marc-gasol-trade-robert-pera/2816953002/

23 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I remember in the 90s in Houston that the Houston Post and the Houston Chronicle used to spare with the front office at levels unseen in modern newspaper reporting. They would break stories that nobody else could and they were passionate about the city and the team and weren't looking for the next big career move:

Enter David Cobb. This guy I love the way he is reporting on the grizzlies right now. Here is an example:

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/mark-giannotto/2019/02/09/memphis-grizzlies-chris-wallace-marc-gasol-trade-robert-pera/2816953002/

You do realize that Mark Giannotto wrote this right? or are you talking about the video?

14 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

You do realize that Mark Giannotto wrote this right? or are you talking about the video?

Actually I didn't. I thought it was cobb that wrote it. Partly because I saw his name first, but secondly I have seen a few things he had written and thought he isn't one of the three stooges, and he actually has a voice. The fact that the commercial appeal has another guy like that is even better. Maybe we will get some real reporting in Memphis.

I felt after the first year when pera was not at any of the grizzlies games , he would be a part-time owner , and I knew the grizzlies would be in trouble. the city of Memphis needs a company that runs like a family its a small southern city that people know each other , pera is a joke