VikingWarrior

Parsons back after all star break

If his knee is better and he's getting paid (to put it mildly) and the team is short handed on wings it makes sense.

I don't think it will make or break the tanking.

Guess we were only sitting him because Wallace thought he could get a 1st for him.

7 minutes ago, sativa417 said:

Guess we were only sitting him because Wallace thought he could get a 1st for him.

Are we gonna try to get Anthony Davis?

If we DO NOT convey the pick to Boston can we trade it with Parsons and Jevon Carter (sorry scrub lovers) plus other assets (not named anybody good)?

I don't think we can match what Lakers were offering. That said, I don't know if Pelicans thought the offer wasn't good enough, or they just weren't going to accept any Lakers deal because of the rumored tampering aspect.

30 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

If his knee is better and he's getting paid (to put it mildly) and the team is short handed on wings it makes sense.

I don't think it will make or break the tanking.

Tanking? U must not have heard Wallace’s press conference. We’re actually trying to win...

10 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Tanking? U must not have heard Wallace’s press conference. We’re actually trying to win...

"We are 8 games back with 26 games left."

"So you're telling me there's a chance!"

15 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

I’d be happy conveying the 10+ pick and embracing the suck for 2 years with much deeper drafts.

This strategy beats hoping Marc is motivated enough to accomplish the same and watching him walk for zip. We have a good shot at rebuilding by re-signing Val, conveying the pick, and building around a 26yo center, 19/20yo 4, and 2 high lottery draft picks.

The fact that he wants to come back and play for Memphis after all this and doesn't want to sit on a beach with his millions and LA ladies tells me everything i need to know. Let him play and see what happens. That "what if" of a healthy Parsons/Conley/Gasol Big3 will hang like a cloud over this franchises head forever just like the Rudy trade. The saving grace in all this though is we wouldn't have JJJ had Parsons been healthy.

I don't really care about him returning but this is just another example of a lack of leadership. How do you ban someone from the team seemingly telling him never to return , there's a big media dust up and now he's back?

We need bodies so let him come back and see what he has. It also makes me wonder if there was beef between Gasol and Parsons. 

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't really care about him returning but this is just another example of a lack of leadership. How do you ban someone from the team seemingly telling him never to return , there's a big media dust up and now he's back?

We need bodies so let him come back and see what he has. It also makes me wonder if there was beef between Gasol and Parsons. 

he wasnt banned from anything...he was given a choice...he decided to rehab in LA...instead of southhaven with the hustle

Well we certainly know that there is tension between he and Wallace as he shouts, " give me a mother****ing jersey!" at Wallace after sinking threes during practice.

9 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

he wasnt banned from anything...he was given a choice...he decided to rehab in LA...instead of southhaven with the hustle

Yes. I still don't understand why it was such a big deal for him to rehabilitate in Southhaven when he was going to do it in Cali.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Of course there was. Right from day one. Many times I saw very animated discussions between the two during time outs. And as I've said before, Marc blamed Chancre (and Fizdale) for losing his brother Zbo. Don't underestimate the impact that had on Marc

33 minutes ago, Yog1 said:

Well we certainly know that there is tension between he and Wallace as he shouts, " give me a mother****ing jersey!" at Wallace after sinking threes during practice.

What a D...head

Where's Chancre PegLeg gonna play?

If he starts taking minutes from Jaren, there's going to be an explosion of anger around here

11 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Of course there was. Right from day one. Many times I saw very animated discussions between the two during time outs. And as I've said before, Marc blamed Chancre (and Fizdale) for losing his brother Zbo. Don't underestimate the impact that had on Marc

Interesting...….what does our resident "insider" say?  Yo Chip!

47 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

It was reported that the league informed the Pelicans that they would be fined if they didn't play Davis, right? Maybe the F.O. felt similar heat. 

25 minutes ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

It was reported that the league informed the Pelicans that they would be fined if they didn't play Davis, right? Maybe the F.O. felt similar heat. 

Maybe, but unlikely.  Nobody tunes in or buys tickets to see Parsons play 18 minutes, especially since the odds were always low he would play.

I'm all for playing him because there is no downside, and plenty of upside, including an injury exemption that can only happen if he's actually doing something where he could get injured.

But none of this makes sense.  "Hey see, Parsons is OK...but we kept him from everybody the 6 weeks before trade deadline because...????.....We want to win now to convey the pick...but when we were still in the playoff hunt and losing multiple games in a row, players were fighting, and our offense looked anemic....well, we didn't want to disrupt the offense......"

As far as him yelling at CW, big deal.  I can remember the stories of Hollins talking about even Sam Young complaining about more minutes, because everyone wants more minutes.   Parsons didn't break a law, and quite frankly people complain about Wallace decisions all the time, so what?  It's hard for me to believe that guys don't yell at their "co-workers" and "supervisors" all the team in the league. 

I just hope it leads to him being dealt this off-season.

tenor.gif?itemid=4246032

My guess is that they're hoping ( at least I am) that he can prove he can still be productive. Then, maybe we can get some return for him and be rid of this CP limbo.

55 minutes ago, Yog1 said:

My guess is that they're hoping ( at least I am) that he can prove he can still be productive. Then, maybe we can get some return for him and be rid of this CP limbo.

yep they may have already tested the waters on him during the leadup to the trade deadline. 

Be great if they can move him on draft day

I hope this means that he is NBA ready _and_ ready to prove it in the G League.

If not, the Grizzlies and fans are cast as bit players in the continuing Chandler Parsons Saga, as we find your hero, Chandler, turning away from early injury retirement, once more grabbing the spotlight and battling impossible odds to return to his beloved NBA.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Maybe, but unlikely.  Nobody tunes in or buys tickets to see Parsons play 18 minutes, especially since the odds were always low he would play.

I'm all for playing him because there is no downside, and plenty of upside, including an injury exemption that can only happen if he's actually doing something where he could get injured.

But none of this makes sense.  "Hey see, Parsons is OK...but we kept him from everybody the 6 weeks before trade deadline because...????.....We want to win now to convey the pick...but when we were still in the playoff hunt and losing multiple games in a row, players were fighting, and our offense looked anemic....well, we didn't want to disrupt the offense......"

As far as him yelling at CW, big deal.  I can remember the stories of Hollins talking about even Sam Young complaining about more minutes, because everyone wants more minutes.   Parsons didn't break a law, and quite frankly people complain about Wallace decisions all the time, so what?  It's hard for me to believe that guys don't yell at their "co-workers" and "supervisors" all the team in the league. 

I just hope it leads to him being dealt this off-season.

tenor.gif?itemid=4246032

You and me both times 2 thousand. I still remember the fans booing him last season, I’m not ashamed to say I was right there with them ha ha!