VikingWarrior

Parsons back after all star break

10 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

That fade away thing is so he can jump into a home run trot if he hits one.

Holiday and Cabocolo were a combined 1-10 from three last night and people act like Cabocolo is the next Dr. J.  

Bruno is very raw. Have read good things about his work ethic (so far), and he does have intriguing size/athleticism. He will need to put in big time work this offseason, but he's an interesting project of sorts. Not a lot of NBA experience yet either.

Just now, Grizz&Grind said:

Bruno is very raw. Have read good things about his work ethic (so far), and he does have intriguing size/athleticism. He will need to put in big time work this offseason, but he's an interesting project of sorts. Not a lot of NBA experience yet either.

I think he's already a legit NBA role player at the least.  But he and Holiday and Parson need to stop launching so many 3's.

Obviously.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

That fade away thing is so he can jump into a home run trot if he hits one.

Holiday and Cabocolo were a combined 1-10 from three last night and people act like Cabocolo is the next Dr. J.  

I have a feeling Parson's issues will be forgotten soon. He's overdue for an injury. 

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I have a feeling Parson's issues will be forgotten soon. He's overdue for an injury. 

Trying to be a comedian again? That's pretty good. Maybe they put some steel rods in them and a ring around the top and welded them together.

Just now, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Trying to be a comedian again? That's pretty good.

Nope. Just calling it like I see it. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Grizz&Grind said:

Yep. Go straight up and down and put some arc on the shot.

That’s the thing, he can’t bend far enough probably due to weakness or discomfort in the knees, thus affecting his arc.

Could be related to conditioning and the legs are tired, so we’ll see.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I was with him until he said this, " 

Often, teams end up benching these overpaid role players out of what seems like pure frustration, mixed with some desire to tank and see the franchise’s young players. This drives down their value even further. Chandler Parsons is another vet who will probably turn heads when he finally gets out of Memphis and gets to a team that doesn’t hold the dumb contract they offered against him."

But yea fair or unfair the money is always a big part of a players evaluation.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I was with him until he said this, " 

Often, teams end up benching these overpaid role players out of what seems like pure frustration, mixed with some desire to tank and see the franchise’s young players. This drives down their value even further. Chandler Parsons is another vet who will probably turn heads when he finally gets out of Memphis and gets to a team that doesn’t hold the dumb contract they offered against him."

But yea fair or unfair the money is always a big part of a players evaluation.  

MArvin.turner,Waiter.. not great but  ok theywill always kinda carry the bust label with some people and the will ignore/hate no matter what they do beause they got drafted  high years ago .

35 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

MArvin.turner,Waiter.. not great but  ok theywill always kinda carry the bust label with some people and the will ignore/hate no matter what they do beause they got drafted  high years ago .

exactly.   Waiters is a solid player but his draft status definitely hurt his perception.   I think he would be fine on our team if we did do that trade.   On a related note: Jamal Crawford tweet emphasizes a point i have been repeatedly making for years.  

ZIZOOJgH_bigger.jpgJamal CrawfordVerified account @JCrossover
FollowFollow @JCrossover
More

Jamal Crawford Retweeted The GM's Office

-people will never understand situations are everything..

Jamal Crawford added,

D1D0hU-WkAEoemj.jpg
The GM's Office @TheGMsOffice
Avery Bradley has turned it around with the Grizz, averaging 18 pts & 5 dimes over the past 5 games. He only averaged the 8.2 pts in 49 games for LAC, but’s been…
11:35 AM - 10 Mar 2019

I've stated before that CP's greatest contribution will be when he is traded now as an expiring contract.

Now, I'm not so sure. In looking ahead at his free agent class, I realized again how many bad signings there were in that class and there are several teams that have his kind of bloated expiring deal. Frankly, I'm less confident that the Grizzlies will get much back if they shop his contract.

44 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I've stated before that CP's greatest contribution will be when he is traded now as an expiring contract.

Now, I'm not so sure. In looking ahead at his free agent class, I realized again how many bad signings there were in that class and there are several teams that have his kind of bloated expiring deal. Frankly, I'm less confident that the Grizzlies will get much back if they shop his contract.

Yea that was the year of the tv deal. His and Mozgovs contracts have been by far the worst of them but they've been injured atleast they had an excuse. Guys like Batum n Biyombo have just straight up sucked. I think if we don't need the space then they should hold on to Chandler till the deadline. If not just cut their losses n buy him out in the off-season, no stretch provision.

The only thing you will get for Chandler's expiring is more bad money for multiple years. It would be better to just eat his expiring to open up a max contract for someone like Jaylen Brown.

Chancre PegLeg will NEVER turn heads because he is broken, done, finished, kaput.

He can not even run. He's had so many surgeries, he looks like he had rickets.

It is absolutely unfathomable how this cripple continues to steal the minutes he does from Ivan, Bruno, and our other youngins we should be investing in RIGHT NOW to see if they are worth holding on to next season and beyond

55 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

The only thing you will get for Chandler's expiring is more bad money for multiple years. It would be better to just eat his expiring to open up a max contract for someone like Jaylen Brown.

That's what I fear. I can not see anyone giving us picks to take on his contract.

The best we can do is Batum + Monk. They get off a big contract early for an expiring one. Monk is DNP-CD since the Gasol trade talks broke down so it doesn't seem they care about him too much.

7 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Chancre PegLeg will NEVER turn heads because he is broken, done, finished, kaput.

He can not even run. He's had so many surgeries, he looks like he had rickets.

It is absolutely unfathomable how this cripple continues to steal the minutes he does from Ivan, Bruno, and our other youngins we should be investing in RIGHT NOW to see if they are worth holding on to next season and beyond

Totally agree. It's pretty sad to see him playing motre time than Ivan for example. For Bruno, it seems to me that he is just not good enough>

If no other team rescues us from his contract by next year's trade deadline we could waive him, right?  We would still be on the hook for his salary, but if some other team picked him up after he clears waivers that tiny sum they pay him would be deducted from what we owe him, I believe.  Might save Pera a nickel or two.

26 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If no other team rescues us from his contract by next year's trade deadline we could waive him, right?  We would still be on the hook for his salary, but if some other team picked him up after he clears waivers that tiny sum they pay him would be deducted from what we owe him, I believe.  Might save Pera a nickel or two.

yup and players mostly take less when they get bought out . i dont think you get to deduct the full amount that another team signs him for but it's something like his new salary minus   the salary for a 1 year vet min salary divided by 2  .

parsons would be around 400-500 K off the books if another team picked him up at vet min + whatever discount he took to be bought out .

if someone gave him like 5 M it would be 5 M - 1 year Vet min  / 2 so around 1.5  off the books .

The day Parsons is off this team is a day to celebrate for Memphis fans. The 'GOOD RIDDANCE PARSONS DAY'. 

Then we should have one for Chris Wallace hopefully the whole FO. 

All I want for Christmas is for Parsons to not be Grizzlie anymore !!

Seriously the day we get rid of his contract is going the best day for Grizz fans around the world.

19 hours ago, costarica2 said:

All I want for Christmas is for Parsons to not be Grizzlie anymore !!

Seriously the day we get rid of his contract is going the best day for Grizz fans around the world.

Lol and what about the guy who gave a max contract to a knee-less player? Still works here.