VikingWarrior

Parsons back after all star break

OK, he may only be shooting 14% from three since he came back... but he's shooting 17% total from the field.

Wait, didn't he call the team owner a g----mn-m----r f----r and shout that he wanted his jersey back?  You have to admire that kind of spirit.

Wait.  He just shot an air ball.  Never mind.

1 minute ago, bhoyal said:

OK, he may only be shooting 14% from three since he came back... but he's shooting 17% total from the field.

Wait, didn't he call the team owner a g----mn-m----r f----r and shout that he wanted his jersey back?  You have to admire that kind of spirit.

Wait.  He just shot an air ball.  Never mind.

They should have handed him a jersey, a Hustle jersey.

Take it or leave it....M..F...er

And there were so many gullible posters here calling to give him a second, third, fourth chance after that bull**** 'heartfelt' letter. 

The naivety of the fans is what's keeping this FO in place and this team continually making bad decisions. 

Just now, Teddy.B said:

And there were so many gullible posters here calling to give him a second, third, fourth chance after that bull**** 'heartfelt' letter. 

The nativity of the fans is what's keeping this FO in place and this team continually making bad decisions. 

never seen a fanbase give so many passes to an awful FO

3 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Yeh glad we let him back on the court.... real positive addition for us.

Ironically, he is the only guy since ASB that has a positive plus-minus in both games.

That is more a commentary on the validity of that stat then anything else.  People need to stop using that stat for small sample sizes.

15 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

The naivety of the fans is what's keeping this FO in place and this team continually making bad decisions. 

Yeah, last year he had a stretch of a couple of good games and i suggested trading him and there were like 3 or 4 posters jumping down my throat about why would we trade him when he's finally doing what we want him to do, etc. and he got injured again shortly thereafter. Well, It's been a year since then. The guy will never be right. If we can't trade him on draft day, just cut him. No need to carry him into next year and the return we get as an expiring isn't going to be that much better at the trade deadline than it will be on draft day. Teams will be looking to dump bad salaries back. No need to do that, just cut him. Also, anytime it comes up that we should waive him, posters on this board have some irrational fear that some other team will pick him up and he'll play much better for them. That ain't happening. Dude's career is gone. He's knees are shot. 

14 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Ageed.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

IrThat is more a commentary on the validity of that stat then anything else.  People need to stop using that stat for small sample sizes.

I've been saying for years that that stat is an awful stat and pretty meaningless, especially the way people on this board try to use it. 

If the Grizzlies had some kind of raffle where  the winner got the chance to play in a NBA game they would probably look like Parsons has looked 

Parsons: C.J. pass me the ball I'm open

C.J.: aight

***parson off the front of the rim

***offensive rebound

Parsons:C.J. hit me I got this

C.J.: ...............ok

***parsons off the front rim

***offensive rebound

Parsons: C.J. p.........

***C.J. takes heavily contested three 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

That's nothing compared to the pollyanna Bryce Drew club, begging and pleading for him to keep his job in Nashville.  I think he's 0-15 in the SEC this season.  Can't do much worse than that.  And several fans are trying to compare him to Coach K. from Duke.  

Did somebody put LSD in the Cumberland River?  Those people MUST be hallucinating.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, Teddy.B said:

On 2/23/2019 at 9:40 PM, IdrinkGuinness said:

The optimism on Parsons was equal to the optimism that 95% of us on here have had when you have an old car that breaks down as much as it runs, but you still need to use it.  You hope that it gets you to Walmart or to school, but know it will break down again.  That "hope" isn't your first choice, but sometimes you're stuck with what you're stuck with.

Who's giving passes?

Did I miss the day that the posters and fans were the ones determining rosters?  How many of our fans/posters get to determine the FO?

How many threads do  you think there are that are along the lines "Fire Wallace"? (HINT: ANY AND ALL THREADS THAT GO PAST 2 PAGES).

How many threads do you think there are along the lines of "Give Wallace and Co. a raise" or "FO is deserving of Executive of the Year"? (HINT: Exactly 0)

By year 2, the greatest debate on Parsons was whether it was worth giving up a pick to get out of the contract.  This year the debate were whether or not it would hurt the team to insert Parsons back onto the roster. By next year, the debate will be on whether he's more valuable as an expiring for the cap space or is it worth taking on trash contracts for draft picks?  The "naivety" in the Parsons debate is when posters believed last year and this that the Grizzlies could unload him AND get back draft assets.

There apparently is a "naivety" of certain posters who think the fans are making these calls and are in love with the decisions.  

I quite agree with pleople here telling Parsons is not an NBA player anymore but you can't help people to believe in miracle... And frankly speaking, if u look at Noah story, it happen sometimes.  If you ask Knicks fans about Noah when we sign him, 99% would have tell you that he was done as a basket player and that it was a huge mistake to hire him. We see what's happen then and Noah did  proove he can still be a valuable player.

The only difference  ( and it's a huge one) is the salary....Parsons salary reported to his level is just insane.   We shoud cut it because for sure we wont get any money back on him.  And miracle does not happen quite often....

The only thing Parsons is useful for is someone looking to get out of a worse deal at the deadline next year. You maybe get something in return for it, but that's about it. Like Charlotte could look to get rid of Batum and give us a pick or something like that. Got to give it a try. 

If we do waive him, I'd rather waive and stretch him so we can actually pursuit at least one decent free agent next year. If there's no one we can target with that money, then you just dump him. 

The only rumored deal I would have done last year was 4th overall pick to the clippers for Tobias Harris, filler, and 12 and 13 from last years class. Don't know if that deal was realistic or not, but if it was you could have had a legit star in Harris, probably Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Miles Bridges, either Boban or Beverly, 32nd overall pick (which could have been Mitchell Robinson) and still would have had the MLE to sign whoever (most likely Bradley or Anderson, which we have both right now). Don't know how we didn't get that done, as we'd be so much better right now.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The optimism on Parsons was equal to the optimism that 95% of us on here have had when you have an old car that breaks down as much as it runs, but you still need to use it.  You hope that it gets you to Walmart or to school, but know it will break down again.  That "hope" isn't your first choice, but sometimes you're stuck with what you're stuck with.

Who's giving passes?

Did I miss the day that the posters and fans were the ones determining rosters?  How many of our fans/posters get to determine the FO?

How many threads do  you think there are that are along the lines "Fire Wallace"? (HINT: ANY AND ALL THREADS THAT GO PAST 2 PAGES).

How many threads do you think there are along the lines of "Give Wallace and Co. a raise" or "FO is deserving of Executive of the Year"? (HINT: Exactly 0)

By year 2, the greatest debate on Parsons was whether it was worth giving up a pick to get out of the contract.  This year the debate were whether or not it would hurt the team to insert Parsons back onto the roster. By next year, the debate will be on whether he's more valuable as an expiring for the cap space or is it worth taking on trash contracts for draft picks?  The "naivety" in the Parsons debate is when posters believed last year and this that the Grizzlies could unload him AND get back draft assets.

There apparently is a "naivety" of certain posters who think the fans are making these calls and are in love with the decisions.  

Agree, not sure what forum folks are reading that posters are giving the FO a pass, you could probably search all night an not find a positive post supporting the FO.

3 hours ago, grizlsg said:

Agree, not sure what forum folks are reading that posters are giving the FO a pass, you could probably search all night an not find a positive post supporting the FO.

Well, there's Chris Wallace's burner account...

7 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Who's giving passes?

these deals should be laughed at . excuses like "cap room"etc dont fly with me val,wright,miles,bradley,holiday for jam,temple,gasol ,selden,2nds is awful . horrible asset / cap mgmt  doesn't make the end result any better . we had to make a bad deal to make another bad deal happen because we made a bad deal  with holiday to make up for a bad deal trading for Temple . this ishow o you turn a playoff team into a lotto team . 

5 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

these deals should be laughed at . excuses like "cap room"etc dont fly with me val,wright,miles,bradley,holiday for jam,temple,gasol ,selden,2nds is awful . horrible asset / cap mgmt  doesn't make the end result any better . we had to make a bad deal to make another bad deal happen because we made a bad deal  with holiday to make up for a bad deal trading for Temple . this ishow o you turn a playoff team into a lotto team . 

I suppose if one doesn't understand "cap room" then it would be even more frustrating to see these deals.  However, who was giving the FO a pass on the Holiday deal?  

Ultimately, the FO pushed almost all their chips in on Parsons in 2016, and since that has failed, all these other moves are just rearranging chairs on the titanic.  You can't blow 20-25% of salary on a player that only plays 30-40 less than effective games a year.

I said it the day we sign him that it was gonna set is back 7 years.

Some mistakes are just so big you can't recover from them .

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I suppose if one doesn't understand "cap room" then it would be even more frustrating to see these deals.  However, who was giving the FO a pass on the Holiday deal?  

Ultimately, the FO pushed almost all their chips in on Parsons in 2016, and since that has failed, all these other moves are just rearranging chairs on the titanic.  You can't blow 20-25% of salary on a player that only plays 30-40 less than effective games a year.

i understand cap room just fine . we added salary for holiday,temple is what i'm saying , making moves to fix mistakes isn't exactly showing me this FO understands cap room or exp contracts , picks , or anything really . having 1 bad deal shouldn't cripple a team like it has the grizz even though it's probably the worst contract in the nba since he hasn't produced anything .

21 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Chandler needs to quit fading away on his 3s.

He needs to stop flatlining them like he killed someone. Give that thing a heartbeat

3 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He needs to stop flatlining them like he killed someone. Give that thing a heartbeat

Yep. Go straight up and down and put some arc on the shot.

25 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Chandler needs to quit fading away on his 3s.

That fade away thing is so he can jump into a home run trot if he hits one.

Holiday and Cabocolo were a combined 1-10 from three last night and people act like Cabocolo is the next Dr. J.