VikingWarrior

Parsons back after all star break

I'll take it at this point. 

Maybe I will end up eating crow, but I'll say it anyway. I'm starting to hate this guy. I've had two sports knee surgeries, so I'm biased and knowledgeable. Its over for Parsons.

I just watched his grinning interview. Its a little knife in the gut every time that hypocrite says the word "team."

Parsons, take every dime of your 94 million and go home. You are embarrassing yourself and the Grizzlies. They said you had to prove that you could play before they would let you. (How unreasonable of them.) Now they've gone back on that. To me this means that you've decided to push your sorry broken down backside up and down the court no matter the cost ... to others.

16 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

Maybe I will end up eating crow, but I'll say it anyway. I'm starting to hate this guy. I've had two sports knee surgeries, so I'm biased and knowledgeable. Its over for Parsons.

I just watched his grinning interview. Its a little knife in the gut every time that hypocrite says the word "team."

Parsons, take every dime of your 94 million and go home. You are embarrassing yourself and the Grizzlies. They said you had to prove that you could play before they would let you. (How unreasonable of them.) Now they've gone back on that. To me this means that you've decided to push your sorry broken down backside up and down the court no matter the cost ... to others.

+1

And he is primarily responsible for destroying the Memphis "Beatles" of Zach, Tony, Marc and Mike

Well tonight we can see what he's been doing out in LA. Ill be happy with 6-10 points out of him

It wouldn't really bother me that he is coming back to the team were it not for the fact that the minutes he will supposedly be receiving are minutes that would otherwise be going to guys like Bruno Caboclo, Kyle Anderson, and Yuta Watanabe.  

Meanwhile, JJJ is conveniently battling soreness. Or perhaps the decision to unleash Parsons came after they learned that JJJ might need a game off. 

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

It wouldn't really bother me that he is coming back to the team were it not for the fact that the minutes he will supposedly be receiving are minutes that would otherwise be going to guys like Bruno Caboclo, Kyle Anderson, and Yuta Watanabe.  

Kyle Anderson is out. Yuta Watanabe is matriculating with the Hustle. The only minutes he will take are Bruno's and that isn't exactly a bad thing. Besides both Chandler and Bruno can easily slide to the four and give JJJ minutes at Center. The team is short a big with Jonas out tonight. 

I don't think he'll help or hurt the team at this point.  I don't see him playing a lot, and, the season is half over anyway.  Maybe we can trade him later, if he produces and plays more than a few games at a time.

Pretty much for me its ho hum.  Play or don't play, its all the same for Parsons.  It was a stupid contract on day one and it still is.  The only cure for it is going to be when its over.  So play or don't.  I don't care at this point in the time line.

Why have this living symbol of an excruciating root canal paraded around in a Grizz uniform? For what? Is it for us to grimace at the muse of whomever is responsible for him signing here. Bump that, I hate the idea! Big agony if he’s alllowed to play. Big agony!

I know this sound harsh but I just hope the dude gets seriously  injured in the next game and leaves!!!!

Just leave us alone and go back to Cali is like  a nightmare that never ends.

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

+1

And he is primarily responsible for destroying the Memphis "Beatles" of Zach, Tony, Marc and Mike

Or Fizdale was.  Or Wallace.

Either way, half this board was wanting to move on from them when Joerger was still here.  I believe that if Fiz wanted Zach and Tony, they would have still been around.

1 hour ago, Gradey said:

Pretty much for me its ho hum.  Play or don't play, its all the same for Parsons.  It was a stupid contract on day one and it still is.  The only cure for it is going to be when its over.  So play or don't.  I don't care at this point in the time line.

This. Whatever's clever.

He actually wants to play for this sorry team instead of chillin in LA, that's a good thing. As long as Wallace is gm Chandler should be allowed to play.

Like I've said through this whole ordeal, none of this makes sense.

However, if playing him helps the Grizzlies win, they should play him. If playing him hurts the Grizzlies, they should keep him on the bench.

The development of Rabb and Caboclo hinge less on what Chandler Parsons does or doesn't do, and more on the work they are doing. If they can't outplay the guy now, they won't be contributors down the line. If CJ Miles is out playing all of them, he should be getting the minutes.

Everyone in the franchise knows that JJJ is the future, and his minutes are dictated by fouls and his need for rest.  His minutes should not be reduced for anyone unless he's playing horribly (with effort, not missed shots).

Parsons should not be in the team ...

He doesn't DESERVE a single minute even if he helps us win.

I rather give up 100 first round picks and 4000 billion dollars anything just get this fool out of here.

2 hours ago, cdp said:

He actually wants to play for this sorry team instead of chillin in LA, that's a good thing. As long as Wallace is gm Chandler should be allowed to play.

That's how I feel. He might help us give the pick to Boston 

3 hours ago, costarica2 said:

I rather give up 100 first round picks and 4000 billion dollars anything just get this fool out of here.

All the while following the Grizzlies I've never "hated" any team member, I've tolerated guys who I didn't like, I've hoped and asked for trades of guys I didn't like, I've verbally bashed coaches for playing guys I didn't like, I've even supported guys who I didn't like when they were getting booed because I didn't think that was right to boo your own team members.

Like I said I never hated any Grizzlies........until this dude with his carrying on this season

9 hours ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

Why have this living symbol of an excruciating root canal paraded around in a Grizz uniform? For what? Is it for us to grimace at the muse of whomever is responsible for him signing here. Bump that, I hate the idea! Big agony if he’s alllowed to play. Big agony!

Good description, but I will still root for him while he's wearing that Grizzlies jersey.

5 hours ago, cdp said:

He's just looking for a contract extension.:ph34r:

3 hours ago, costarica2 said:

You got that kind of dough?!!:o

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Good description, but I will still root for him while he's wearing that Grizzlies jersey.

Yeah I'll continue to root for him as long as he wears the jersey...  I think bringing him back was probably part of the plan to rest JJJ with his injury.

Anyway what the heck is he going to hurt, this team is tanking so let him play and at least earn a portion of that money we pay him.

I'm not going to hate on the guy, he got an injury, it was legit and it turned out bad for the Grizz, people want to take out their frustrations on him because of the bad FO deal that should not have been made.  Parsons did what every player would do, take the money and don't give it back regardless of what happens.

7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I tried to save you Smit ... just couldn’t get close enough to SNATCH that jersey off his back ... 

😬

dont worry though ... I personally ,kinda , sorta, pretty sure it was me that got that other dude out of here ... imma keep trynna get this one too.