Ole Dirty Klondike

Various Trade Analyses: Not good

11 minutes ago, GoGrizz! said:

If all the “offer” reports are true, then I’m okay with what we got back in return. What just boils me up about the Grizzlies front office is that they want to go “all in” but don’t know how to go “all in.” Making the playoffs 7 years in a row was fun, the memories made with Z-Bo, TA, Mike, Andy Marc was great, but we didn’t win a WCF game with that group. 

Whenever our next time to compete for a title, I want our franchise to have a “June roster” and not a May roster. And the fan base is totally fine with us taking 5 steps back, to go 10 steps forward.

2014 was our year and it was derailed due to mike's injury. Period, the end. We might have had a shot in 2013 as well, if we didn't trade rudy and our entire bench, but pera and levien didn't want the grizzlies to win a title, they wanted to re-make the team so that they could say it was "their" team that won it.

The grizzlies had a 2 year window for a title and just had some unfortunate circumstances. 

So we will most likely move Bradley?

20 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Not getting a 1st round pick was horrible.

We weren't getting one without paying a steep price. Honestly, our assets just weren't good.  Looking at our roster,  we only have about 2 players in DBrooks and JJJ

56 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

We weren't getting one without paying a steep price. Honestly, our assets just weren't good.  Looking at our roster,  we only have about 2 players in DBrooks and JJJ

We would have taken on two garbage salaries to get a first round pick.  Thats the normal price of a first rounder alone which can be done at a later date. Next year you can trade Parsons and Miles and do the same thing.

Val=Marc

Val+cap room>Marc

Bradley>Temple

anyone>Mack

not getting a scrub mid-late 1st rd pick> having to hear from 33% of the board inexplicably believing he is the next Ginobli

We win bois 

9 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Val=Marc

Val+cap room>Marc

Bradley>Temple

anyone>Mack

not getting a scrub mid-late 1st rd pick> having to hear from 33% of the board inexplicably believing he is the next Ginobli

We win bois 

Bradley is not better than Temple, at best he's equal. I feel like people are just remembering the name because he's been doodoo for the Clippers. I'm sure a big part of this deal for the Clips was trading him away so Doc couldn't overplay him anymore.

Bradley and Miles are both big name role players who are shot and the over the hill now.

5 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bradley is not better than Temple, at best he's equal. I feel like people are just remembering the name because he's been doodoo for the Clippers. I'm sure a big part of this deal for the Clips was trading him away so Doc couldn't overplay him anymore.

Bradley and Miles are both big name role players who are shot and the over the hill now.

😂 c’mon man

9 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

😂 c’mon man

The other player that IIWII was ever for was Kent Bazemore, lol. The guy is truly a dud, but IIWII had a man crush on that dude sum'm fierce. 

I think teams are placing a high value on any pick inside the first round.  Probably rightfully show.  There's at least a CHANCE that you get a real good player well into the first round.  Maybe some Tier 2 guys.  Or, you get your pick of high level Tier 3 guys that fit what you are trying to do.

Draft management is HUGE.  You gotta be like a Coach K or a Calipari or a Penny or who is always looking down the pipeline.  Not just for this year or next year but a couple of years down the line.

2019 is the draft to get your 1a or your third guy.  Then, try to get some 2nd rounders to add some cheap rotation guys.

2020 is not a draft to tank for.

2021 "should" be interesting, but I think it is a GM Killer.  Although it should help the G League and give you more depth from 10 to 20.  

I think the 2019 draft has all the depth at the top -- maybe 4 picks maybe 9 or 10.  Maybe fewer legit Tier 2 guys (2018 might have been ALL high level Tier 2 guys, including Trae and maybe even Jaren/Luka/Ayton), then still a bunch of either Tier 3 guys or Tier 4 guys (secondary starters, good 6th men, and high level rotation guys).

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The other player that IIWII was ever for was Kent Bazemore, lol. The guy is truly a dud, but IIWII had a man crush on that dude sum'm fierce. 

I’ll give him this, Bradley is not better than JAM + Temple, but cap space, I guess. I didn’t love the LA trade but you can’t win them all. It’s done now...maintain as well hope for the best and find the positives

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I think teams are placing a high value on any pick inside the first round.  Probably rightfully show.  There's at least a CHANCE that you get a real good player well into the first round.  Maybe some Tier 2 guys.  Or, you get your pick of high level Tier 3 guys that fit what you are trying to do.

Draft management is HUGE.  You gotta be like a Coach K or a Calipari or a Penny or who is always looking down the pipeline.  Not just for this year or next year but a couple of years down the line.

2019 is the draft to get your 1a or your third guy.  Then, try to get some 2nd rounders to add some cheap rotation guys.

2021 "should" be interesting, but I think it is a GM Killer.  Although it should help the G League and give you more depth from 10 to 20.  

I think the 2019 draft has all the depth at the top -- maybe 4 picks maybe 9 or 10.  Maybe fewer legit Tier 2 guys (2018 might have been ALL high level Tier 2 guys, including Trae and maybe even Jaren/Luka/Ayton), then still a bunch of either Tier 3 guys or Tier 4 guys (secondary starters, good 6th men, and high level rotation guys).

basically what it boils down to is this: do you want a HIGH draft pick this year, or a mid to low draft pick next year. The grizzlies are going to improve, so I see this year and next year's picks as being somewhat equal in the sense that we will likely be drafting much lower in 2020 than in 2019.

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

19 draft is the weakest in years...top heavy meaning Zion + maybe 2 others have a shot at being an All Star at some point or near that level. Scrubs man...scrubs all the way down 😝 

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

basically what it boils down to is this: do you want a HIGH draft pick this year, or a mid to low draft pick next year. The grizzlies are going to improve, so I see this year and next year's picks as being somewhat equal in the sense that we will likely be drafting much lower in 2020 than in 2019.

I want Zion over anyone I am seeing over the next few years.  Maybe Terrence Clarke in 2022 would be better.  Evan Mobley in 2021 looks good, too.  

I like the next few guys better in this year's draft.

I ALSO like picks in the 8-15 range.

Next year's draft has LaMelo ball in the low 20's.  

Next year's is also only top 6 protected so it should be easier to get off of.

This draft has Zion at the top, then types of guys we need: Wings many of whom show some promise on both sides of the ball, maybe not Tier 1 guys but probably Tier 2 guys or high level Tier 3 guys way down into the draft, then some POTENTIAL Mike Conley replacements like Tre Jones, Ja Morant (boom/bust pick in this draft), and Darius Garland.  Even a couple of deep sleepers like Markus Howard and Mac McClung (if he comes out) would be worth bringing in for a work out.

I would think that a team should try to build its new core as quickly as possible.  So, get a guy to go with Jaren.  Convey the pick next season then get your third or fourth guy in 2021.  

Between this year and next I would hate to miss out on a pick at 10 or 11.  I would rather have a pick at 7 or 8 this year than next.  If we keep our pick this year AND next well, fine, gimme a pick in the top 3 and maybe we take a flyer on Cole Anthony.  

I'm NOT saying that I don't like next year's draft and it is not worth tanking for BUT I don't like next year's draft and it is not worth tanking for.

10 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mainly because the league is currently overvaluing 1st round picks, like they are some magic dust. Why would the grizzlies want to sink 19 million into allen crabb just for the privilege of drafting a near second rounder, lol. Same goes for the Charlotte deal.

The grizzlies made the right move.

It's still a first rounder, and a younger guy that would have some potential at least. I like Bradley more as a player, but we didn't get anything back for taking on money next year, plus the fact that he hasn't even been playing well at all. 

I'm fine with taking Bradley, just can't figure out how we didn't get a 2nd for him for two better players that are expiring. 

20 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

It's still a first rounder, and a younger guy that would have some potential at least. I like Bradley more as a player, but we didn't get anything back for taking on money next year, plus the fact that he hasn't even been playing well at all. 

I'm fine with taking Bradley, just can't figure out how we didn't get a 2nd for him for two better players that are expiring. 

Agree...we got worked by LA

1 hour ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Val=Marc

Val+cap room>Marc

Bradley>Temple

anyone>Mack

We win bois 

So I suppose JaMychal Green doesn’t count.

3 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

I covered that in another post. Pay attention

I was referring to your post about the Grizzlies winning the trade and you left out JaMychal in your calculations. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I was referring to your post about the Grizzlies winning the trade and you left out JaMychal in your calculations. 

I said twice in this thread we got worked by LA and we lost the trade by including JAM. You need me to link it or can you manage to scroll an internet page?

6 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

I said twice in this thread we got worked by LA and we lost the trade by including JAM. You need me to link it or can you manage to scroll an internet page?

I don’t know what your issue is today. If you want people to know what you mean, be complete in your posts. You declared that the Grizzlies won the trades and you left out surrendering JaM in your grade school math. 

Since LA beat us, is the only way you can come up with the Grizzlies winning the trades is if you ignore Jam in the math? If that is the case then a Memphis lost the trades if we use everyone involved.

Bradley is still only 28y versus GT being 32y.   Like i have said before - if Avery gets back to his peak form he is miles better than GT at his peak.     

Regardless his contract immediately becomes an asset this summer so it is still possible to get picks.

4 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I would take Bradley over Temple 7 days a week.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

We would have taken on two garbage salaries to get a first round pick.  Thats the normal price of a first rounder alone which can be done at a later date. Next year you can trade Parsons and Miles and do the same thing.

Exactly