Sign in to follow this  
KyleB

New depth chart speculation thread

The worst thing that can happen is that this lineups work and we begin t win games. Wallace will look like a genius and get an extension. SMH

Parsons will end up taking all of Bruno's minutes when he comes back. I can't imagine how they would try to play him at SF again, that would be a mistake. Backup PF is his best case scenario.

I don't really know where to put this but, Jordan Adams just signed a G League contract. What a comeback story that would be. 

14 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

The worst thing that can happen is that this lineups work and we begin t win games. Wallace will look like a genius and get an extension. SMH

ūüĎ®ūüŹĽ‚ÄćūüĒ¨

21 hours ago, KyleB said:

I'm surprised to see all these lineups with Noah as the third string center. I love him and think he has what it takes to be the next fan favorite, he plays with passion and gives 100% on every play and the young bigs seem to love playing with him. If I'm in charge he'd be a starter and I'd be working on figuring out a way to bring him back next year. If they go ahead and move Jaren to the 5 spot Noah should be the number 2.We haven't seen JV with this team yet so he may change my mind but I really like what I've seen from Noah and think it would be a shame to cut his minutes and make him the 3rd string center.

Or we could go JV/Noah at center, and JJJ/Rabb at PF.  Then, at least, all could get minutes, but it's really going to come down to which combinations work best.

8 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I don't really know where to put this but, Jordan Adams just signed a G League contract. What a comeback story that would be. 

Best of luck to him as long as it isn't against the Grizzlies/Hustle.

Jaren should play PF with Valanciunus at C. Jaren will play the Gasol role of directing the offense from the elbow or perimeter and Valanciunus can bang down inside. We know Jaren has a decent outside shot and it would be great to let him get some of that leadership experience as a playmaker. Of course, still want him to get  touches in the post and play C with the 2nd unit. 

I think I'm going to go to the game tonight just to see how they use Valanciunus. So much for the Chris Wallace boycott¬†ūüėÖ

27 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Or we could go JV/Noah at center, and JJJ/Rabb at PF.  Then, at least, all could get minutes, but it's really going to come down to which combinations work best.

I'm cool with that. 8 years ago Rabb would have been a pf, he just needs to extend his range on his jumper for today's game. I've always liked his production when he gets minutes. It reminds me of DJ Stephens with the tigers, DJ always made something happen when he got minutes but it still took until his sr year before Pastner would trust him enough to give him extended run, despite the fact that he always had produced in whatever little time he had been given. Long term I like JJ at the 5 and Rabb at the 4 rather than vise versa, Rabb just needs to keep working on extending his range. But I like the idea of playing JJ at the 4 while his body is still maturing and with having 2 other quality centers on the roster right now it makes a lot of sense.

42 minutes ago, KyleB said:

I'm cool with that. 8 years ago Rabb would have been a pf, he just needs to extend his range on his jumper for today's game. I've always liked his production when he gets minutes. It reminds me of DJ Stephens with the tigers, DJ always made something happen when he got minutes but it still took until his sr year before Pastner would trust him enough to give him extended run, despite the fact that he always had produced in whatever little time he had been given. Long term I like JJ at the 5 and Rabb at the 4 rather than vise versa, Rabb just needs to keep working on extending his range. But I like the idea of playing JJ at the 4 while his body is still maturing and with having 2 other quality centers on the roster right now it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure what Rabb's range is, but allegedly he can shoot the 3.  He is 1/3 so far.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I imagine that will be the normal lineup once JV has gotten situated. 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I imagine that will be the normal lineup once JV has gotten situated. 

yep. although people really like the JJJ/Rabb lineup, you cant have a noah/jv lineup. 

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm not sure what Rabb's range is, but allegedly he can shoot the 3.  He is 1/3 so far.

Yeah just a couple games ago he shot and made one.  It completely caught me off guard, but he looked pretty comfortable doing it so hopefully he can incorporate that into his game.

We now have a 3 big man rotation of Jaren/Ivan/JV.  Ride the hot hand.  I don't care if JJJ is sitting on the bench watching our two best rebounders on the roster do work.  Give Bruno and Noah spot minutes inside, too.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

30 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah just a couple games ago he shot and made one.  It completely caught me off guard, but he looked pretty comfortable doing it so hopefully he can incorporate that into his game.

Rabb was much more open to shooting three point shots in Southaven with the Hustle and he made them at a high 30's clip. 

Rabb has to be the 3rd big in our rotation and log as much minutes as JV does. He a good rebounder and if he devolops that only in create his value to us, in a potential trade or as a role player in the future.

Down the road, I would experiment with Jaren in a Kevin Durant-like role.  Jaren isn't FREAKISHLY athletic but neither is KD.  I would think Jaren and KD have similar measurements with Jaren being a better weak-side shot blocker.  Jaren isn't a great ball handler yet but neither was Durant when he first went to the NBA.  

I wouldn't mind seeing a few Jaren/Ivan/Jonas front lines.  Gimme a big Kyle/Holiday back court, too.

The name of the game? Mix and Match.  

I don't think going big helps much in today's NBA, but going long does. A lineup of Wright, Holiday, Anderson, JJJ, and Bruno would have a ton of length, but maybe not enough shooting.

If the bigs rotation is Jaren/JV/Rabb/Noah, and we know Anderson can play ok @ PF where is Chancre PegLeg gonna play when he gets the M..F.. jersey he's been demanding???

I'm looking for the game where JB plays any of these groups together.

Jonas/Jaren/Miles/Wright/Bradley

Jonas/Jaren/Miles/Bradley/Conley

Noah/Jonas/Miles/Wright/Bradley

I'd like to see first two lineups where 4 of the 5 players are vets that have been on winning teams. And with the third lineup, I'd just like to see a veteran group who have won elsewhere play together for a few minutes just to see.

Now that Bruno is officially a Grizz and Kyle is still in limbo.

I think rotation should be adjusted as such. 

Mike/Delon

Avery/Jevon

Bruno/CJ

Jaren/Rabb

Jonas/Noah

Once Kyle comes back then Jevon gets 3rd string duty

Mike/Delon

Avery/CJ

Bruno/Kyle

Jaren/Rabb

Jonas/Noah

If we wanted to go by a combination of PER and strictly who is healthy, then this is how it should look.

Jonas/Noah

Jaren/Rabb

Miles/Bruno

Bradley/Holiday

Conley/Wright

Even then, Holiday and Bruno shouldn't get as many minutes as the other second stringers.

Kyle can work his way back at SF when healthy, Dillon is out, and the remaining players haven't earned it in practice or in their game minutes - Yuta, Julian, Jevon - all have poor numbers (FWIW - Dillon's PER wasn't good either). Dorsey is an unknown right now.

All of this is assuming they are in fact trying to win and convey, and not simply develop guys through playing time.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:48 PM, f-dizzle said:

I think Pera already gave him an extension.

Remember Chancre PegLeg is back after ASB - where does he fit?

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Remember Chancre PegLeg is back after ASB - where does he fit?

Play him heavy minutes and give him the green light to shoot.  And don't rest him on back to backs.  He'll hurt his knee after about 4 games.