13 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Do we get to keep the Southaven Squad up here with their big boy blues or do they still get yo-yo'd back and forth to the G-League?

If you mean Yuta Watanabe and Julian Washburn, they should go back down during the all-star break. I doubt they will be back up a lot more. Yuta has to be running close to his maximum number of games on the big squad anyway.  

20 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies got younger:

Flipped Marc, 34 for Jonas, 26.

Got two young players so far... Delon Wright and Tyler Dorsey. How good are these guys, remains to be seen.

Got two vets with skillsets: avery bradley and cj miles.

Got a second round pick that is so far out that the grizzlies hope it will be close to a first rounder when it becomes available.

I'll be honest, I know very little about Delon Wright or Tyler Dorsey. I also wonder if the grizzlies COULD have gotten OG and PICKED wright instead since OG is really similar to Kyle. Not knowing how people view Wright, I can't say if teams would think that he was the same VALUE as OG was.

The grizzlies traded rebounding for youth and shooting. 

Here are my concerns: What role will Jonas take, if he takes minutes from Rabb, which he will, it will be a disaster. Rabb is better than Jonas in every way. Bradley and CJ are serviceable, but I wonder if Bradley is a setup to trading Mike in the off season. It really doesn't make much sense otherwise. I do like bradley, but not as our starting point. 

We'll miss Marc's set shots from 15 to 24 feet but with Val, maybe the emphasis on the big will be rebounding and protecting the rim and the painted area.  Then the jump shots from JJJ will be the default 3-pointers from a tall guy.

I can't find my "jump to conclusions" mat to know if all the trades were good or bad... but for a bunch of guys that were were doing backflips and somersaults over the Mario Chalmers signing and the the Noah signing (while claiming to wanting to go younger and less injured)... there sure is a lot of whining going on surrounding yesterdays events.

kLkzIJX.jpg

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If you mean Yuta Watanabe and Julian Washburn, they should go back down during the all-star break. I doubt they will be back up a lot more. Yuta has to be running close to his maximum number of games on the big squad anyway.  

They both got good experience and did good things. I think Yuta has potential down the line. Julian is a hard worker, but not overly talented or skilled. IMO

4 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

They both got good experience and did good things. I think Yuta has potential down the line. Julian is a hard worker, but not overly talented or skilled. IMO

They are both good two way contract signings. We are talking about players you don't expect a lot out of after all. 

Here's a positive: I am going to watch Toronto Raptors games and have some team to cheer for in the playoffs this year.  Which is rare for the East.

I guess I'll cheer for the Spurs in the West, if they make it.

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

They are both good two way contract signings. We are talking about players you don't expect a lot out of after all. 

Not right now. I certainly have a mild expectation that Yuta can be an NBA rotation player down the line.

He needs more strength/size and experience, but he has some good tools and it appears a really good mindset and work ethic.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Here's a positive: I am going to watch Toronto Raptors games and have some team to cheer for in the playoffs this year.  Which is rare for the East.

True, although I think the Bucks are the team to beat [Edit: in the EAST although they could even give the Warriors a serious run, too].  Sixers might be a bit ahead of the Raptors too.  

On Real GM someone pointed out that before JV went out, the Raptors had a great record but struggled since the injury.  

Let's see if Marc has chemistry with the new guys or not.

Really, what's the roster, coaching staff, front office, and the long term outlook (contracts/players/picks) look like by 2021...that's about all that matters.

2 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

Didn’t we get/create an $8mil trade exception?

If we get something good back for it, it may make the Clips trade palatable. I would say trust that the FO has a plan in place, but....

58 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

If we get something good back for it, it may make the Clips trade palatable. I would say trust that the FO has a plan in place, but....

😳

I have a positive!

We lost to OKC last night, but I really enjoyed watching the game! The pace was up. Athleticism was on display. And our guards did not have to wait for Marc to cross the center line to start the offense. 

On 2/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, chipc3 said:

When did hitting 30% from the arc make someone a real threat? 

I wonder how many fans actually looked at his stats before typing something on the board. 

Well, if you are not able to understand that terms change their meanings depending on the context this is not my trouble. Nevertheless, I can do it for you. If you leave Noah on the arc - he is not a threat, if you left JV on the arc 2 years ago - he wouldn’t be a threat either, but now you certainly can get three from JV if you leave him open on the ark. That was my point, sir. 

On 2/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, IdrinkGuinness said:

have we ever used a TPE for anything good ? 

Mr.Anderson though technically he was not but nevertheless it is a still fair example of the good taste, isn’t it?

I cant believe we won last night

On 2/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, fanboyslim said:

I appreciate the sentiment, KBM, but the harsh truth is no picks and no good players in rookie contracts means that all these moves are worthless for the long term rebuild.

The Grizz are rebuilding for next year.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:18 PM, chipc3 said:

Marc is hitting 34.4% from the arc. JaMychal Green is hitting 39.6% from the arc. Temple is hitting 35.6%. Miles is hitting 31.4%. Dorsey is hitting 25.6%. In what world do you see this as improving wing shooting? 

But Marc wouldn't shoot all the time when he was supposed to shoot and he was open. I never saw he fake a pass so that he could go ahead and shoot. JMG was too timid, he was mostly looking to pass and GT had cooled off considerably. Maybe he was tired, playing starter minutes when he had only been getting sub minutes.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Allen said:

I don’t consider 26 to be a young player. You’re usually just what you are by that age. And Wright is booty. Dorsey will probably be playing overseas in 3 years 

No move we made today will have any effect on the teams future 

You got any money you want to lose? I blew what I got from Chip, looking for another sucker. ;)

On 2/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Allen said:

I don’t consider 26 to be a young player. You’re usually just what you are by that age. And Wright is booty. Dorsey will probably be playing overseas in 3 years 

No move we made today will have any effect on the teams future 

You got any money you want to lose? I blew what I got from Chip, looking for another sucker. ;)

On 2/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Worst 3man group by NetRtg on the team are gone

Marc + JaM + Mac   

Jonas V is an actual good player i just hopes he remains a bench big. 

JV and JN can't play together, 1 of them has to start.

4 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

JV and JN can't play together, 1 of them has to start.

That's how i see it too.  Especially if SloMo comes back.    Where do you slot him?  

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That's how i see it too.  Especially if SloMo comes back.    Where do you slot him?  

Noah is better at opening up offensive lanes than I thought. The guy made our entire offense click last night. Better than even I've ever seen Gasol.

Gasol was an offensive dead weight anchor, more than I even expected, because Gasol was lazy on offense. Noah is running around setting picks, rolling to the basket, putting a ton of pressure on the other team.

I wish Noah was younger, because I believe that he is actually better than Marc ever could be. He is willing to do the dirty work. Maybe he can have a career like Tyson Chandler where he has another 4 or 5 good years, because he is freaking great for this team.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:01 PM, smit-tay griz said:

No appreciation threads for JaMychal, 4 seasons, or Garrett?  I would mention Shelvin too but I'm pretty sure that Toke, in his capacity as moderator, would delete it.

He might delete you. :)