10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

There are no positives the goal was to get assets to build around Jaren all they did was get assets to try to trade in the off-season if Biyombo and MGK were actually coming off the books after next season I would have ate the money for the extra pick. Holding up that deal for Malik Monk is stupid I can bet you Romeo Langford is better than him and we already have the means to get him they could have taken any of Charlotte’s other young players Bacon or Graham and been in a better spot than this.

Jonas is good true but there is no reason for us to be good being as bad as possible is how you get the young talent that you CLEARLY can’t get any other way.. They can’t sign good young players and they can’t trade for good young players so draft pics should be the most coveted asset for this team. And they did the complete opposite and got a bunch of contracts that will fall off the books after next year and allow them to have lots of cap space to inevitably sign a bunch of garbage like they always do..... this deadline is an F

Who was giving us young assets tho?  JonasV + Wright are better than Biz + MKG.    All are the same age but Wright plays more of a position of need for us (combo) than MKG does.   Biyombo is cool for rebounding/defense with no shooting but we already have Noah.   JonasV is like having Gasol without headache of having offense run thru him.    That gives you 4 capable scorers (mike, JJJ, Rabb, JonasV).  

Charlotte wasn't giving us Monk or Bridges.    Bacon and Graham are same level of prospect as Tyler Dorsey.   

Only legit complaint that can be had is the Temple/Green deal.   But we don't know what was available and it was necessitated by Gasol deal.    Potentially we get to keep Bruno too who is also a better prospect than Bacon and Graham. 

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Who was giving us young assets tho?  JonasV + Wright are better than Biz + MKG.    All are the same age but Wright plays more of a position of need for us (combo) than MKG does.   Biyombo is cool for rebounding/defense with no shooting but we already have Noah.   JonasV is like having Gasol without headache of having offense run thru him.    That gives you 4 capable scorers (mike, JJJ, Rabb, JonasV).  

Charlotte wasn't giving us Monk or Bridges.    Bacon and Graham are same level of prospect as Tyler Dorsey.   

Only legit complaint that can be had is the Temple/Green deal.   But we don't know what was available and it was necessitated by Gasol deal.    Potentially we get to keep Bruno too who is also a better prospect than Bacon and Graham. 

If the report that Charlotte was offering a first then that should’ve been the deal. 

I don’t think you understand. It doesn’t matter about any of those players strengths and weaknesses,none of them are signed beyond next year. And we will be straight tanking then

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

The green trade was necessary to make the gasol trade, nothing more. We didn't trade for avery, we just needed his contract to do the toronto trade.

43 minutes ago, The REF said:

So just eat the entire $153,000,000 million right??? 

This year yes. Next year....HE HAS TO GO

14 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

If the report that Charlotte was offering a first then that should’ve been the deal. 

I don’t think you understand. It doesn’t matter about any of those players strengths and weaknesses,none of them are signed beyond next year. And we will be straight tanking then

No i do understand, my answers were directed towards NDQ's comments. 

none of these players are signed beyond this year either and they are better players.     The draft pick is the only complaint. 

47 minutes ago, The REF said:

So just eat the entire $153,000,000 million right??? 

eat it? is he not playing? chancun2.0

you don't eat it if he stays healthy. mike is going to give you production. trading him doesn't guarantee that kind of production. 

after next year he is an expiring- which carries value

calm down

Dorsey is a big positive , he's already better than mack . He was coming along just fine in ATL under a good coach like Bud  no idea if the new coach in ATL just doesnt play him or what but as long as Dorsey is putting in work and doesn't have issues we can't really see on the court he's gonna impress us here . he's got a long ways to go but i think he much better than what his stats have shown this year on a godawful team with a 1st year head coach. he got more and more time at PG and was improving and running the PnR.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/4/16/17228978/tyler-dorsey-atlanta-hawks-season-review-2017-2018-rookie-oregon

Bud is a good coach and if youre earning his trust more and more as a throw away 2nd rounder  i gotta think he's a bit better than what he's done this year  under Llyod

I would like to have seen a pick come in one of the deals, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  I think what we got from Toronto was better than what we were offered from Charlotte as far as players go.  After all, I have had to read on this forum for months how Gasol was trash and ruining the team.  You can't expect much for that, can you?You guys will never be happy with any deal and the front office was going to catch hell on these boards no matter what transpired.

Now on to next season and months of "Conley is trash and overpaid", etc. 

1 hour ago, guillermo said:

eat it? is he not playing? chancun2.0

you don't eat it if he stays healthy. mike is going to give you production. trading him doesn't guarantee that kind of production. 

after next year he is an expiring- which carries value

calm down

yup

No appreciation threads for JaMychal, 4 seasons, or Garrett?  I would mention Shelvin too but I'm pretty sure that Toke, in his capacity as moderator, would delete it.

4 hours ago, Myers said:

A healthy Bradley is not bad at all. Very good defender. 

JV is a smart player. I'm curious to see him play with Mike and JJJ.

Miles and Wright are bad players. 

Dorsey can't play in the NBA.

Bradley was one of my favorite players when he was with the Celtics. He’s regressed the last 2.5 years...maybe he finds his game here

Now that everything's cooled down, I feel positive about today. JV for Marc is something that people had been proposing as far as like three years ago when Marc was at the tail end of his prime. To get that deal now after he's lost all that value isn't bad at all. I'm like a lot of people on this board in that I really like JV and I think he'll fit well here, maybe even long term. If not he'll be a nice trade asset/expiring contract, or he'll opt out and leave just like Marc would have this summer.

The Bradley deal doesn't look great ostensibly, but I think only around 2 of the 13 million on his contract next year is guaranteed so if used properly he could be serve as $11M in immediate cap relief in a trade. Between Bradley, Parsons, and potentially Miles and JV who both have player options, you could be looking at $50M in expiring contracts this summer + $11M in immediate cap relief. That's how you start picking up young talent and assets (e.g. the Lopez for D. Russell/Mozgov deal).

Most importantly though, I think now that the dust has settled we are going to be just good enough to get rid of that pick we owe to Boston next year. I know how tempting it is to just say screw it and hope you can get lucky enough to land Zion, and if not a Garland or Langford would be nice, but I want to close the door on the possibility of winning the lottery in 2021 to watch Jalen Green put on a Celtics hat. That would be hammer, nail, coffin on this franchise.

But if Wallace isn't gone by this summer, I probably will give up.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

No appreciation threads for JaMychal, 4 seasons, or Garrett?  I would mention Shelvin too but I'm pretty sure that Toke, in his capacity as moderator, would delete it.

😄

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

that would get you t'd up QUICK! 😤💨

wrong thread , I know... but I asked this in one of the fifty-eleven threads that popped up today and got no answer...(actually, I may have been answered - just too lazy to look)

Do we get to keep the Southaven Squad up here with their big boy blues or do they still get yo-yo'd back and forth to the G-League?

19 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

that would get you t'd up QUICK! 😤💨

wrong thread , I know... but I asked this in one of the fifty-eleven threads that popped up today and got no answer...(actually, I may have been answered - just too lazy to look)

Do we get to keep the Southaven Squad up here with their big boy blues or do they still get yo-yo'd back and forth to the G-League?

My guess is it depends on health.

Two ways stay down.  They have a limit on their game number, I think.

Hopefully Jevon Carter can go back down.  Ivan Rabb is up for good.

I've seen enough of Washburn to keep him down there. I don't mind Yuta getting more minutes.

It's time to see what came back in the trades a give them a 26 game tryout.

JV is going to become a fan favorite. He plays HARD,  goes after rebounds and will bang. He’s a good garbage/clean up man. He’s more skilled than he got credit for in Toronto. I like him.

I think we should keep JJ at the 4 with Rabb backing him up.

The TOR trade was better than anything CHA had offered. They didn’t put Monk or Bridges in the deal. Only a lottery protected pick in this weak 2019 draft. Biyombo and Kaminsky or MKG are much much worse than Val and Wright. I think Val and Wright can be part of the future. No they are not young prospects but they are not old dudes either. These guys are going into their prime. Wright is sort of a healthy version of Exum. I like him and hope he takes over the PG spot after Mike is traded this summer. Val is a good rebounding big man who I think can help Jaren become a more efficient and productive player. I was disappointed at first we didn’t get Monk from CHA but then maybe he was never in the discussion. As for the LAC trade, Bradley was very high on our FA target list in the past offseason. His price tag was out of our range and we went for Kyle. I think he could be our great perimeter defender just like what TA used to be. More importantly we now have a better chance to finish better than bottom 8 and convey the pick to BOS this year. We also have the personnel now to play a more entertaining faster pace style of basketball. The team we had in the past two months had played some very uninspiring basketball. I bet we could win more games with this current roster. IMO we have got ourselves some nice pieces in the trade and if JBB can actually coach we should be fun to watch.

17 hours ago, Myers said:

A healthy Bradley is not bad at all. Very good defender. 

He has NOT been a good defender in several years. He has been a below average defender his last year in Boston, his year in Detroit, and this year in LA. Chris Wallace always gets guys 5 years too late. Bradley is trash.

12 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

He has NOT been a good defender in several years. He has been a below average defender his last year in Boston, his year in Detroit, and this year in LA. Chris Wallace always gets guys 5 years too late. Bradley is trash.

Good point.

It’s beyond me how people don’t understand that a big reason why we got underwhelming returns was the fact that the FO laid out our cards before the negotiations even started. Of course the offers are not going to be good once you’ve tied a rock around your neck. That’s going to happen regardless of the actual value of your assets.

1 hour ago, Grizball said:

The TOR trade was better than anything CHA had offered. They didn’t put Monk or Bridges in the deal. Only a lottery protected pick in this weak 2019 draft. Biyombo and Kaminsky or MKG are much much worse than Val and Wright. I think Val and Wright can be part of the future. No they are not young prospects but they are not old dudes either. These guys are going into their prime. Wright is sort of a healthy version of Exum. I like him and hope he takes over the PG spot after Mike is traded this summer. Val is a good rebounding big man who I think can help Jaren become a more efficient and productive player.

Great points and totally agree. JonasV is there to take on guys like Adams.  He also is a gifted scorer so he can help on both ends of the floor.     Delon can play either guard spot and can actually get to the rim off the bounce.   We have been needing someone like that for 5 years.   

Not sure he has enough pure PG skill to takeover longterm at the spot but no harm in finding out. 

I was disappointed at first we didn’t get Monk from CHA but then maybe he was never in the discussion. As for the LAC trade, Bradley was very high on our FA target list in the past offseason. His price tag was out of our range and we went for Kyle. I think he could be our great perimeter defender just like what TA used to be. More importantly we now have a better chance to finish better than bottom 8 and convey the pick to BOS this year. We also have the personnel now to play a more entertaining faster pace style of basketball. The team we had in the past two months had played some very uninspiring basketball. I bet we could win more games with this current roster. IMO we have got ourselves some nice pieces in the trade and if JBB can actually coach we should be fun to watch.

Yep no Monk or Bridges and heavily protected 1rst(rumored to be lottery protected) the players they offered are literally the same age as ones we got from TOR (all 26y).    So it needs to be judged by which players do you prefer.

I like the skillset and fits of Delon + Jonas over BIz + MKG.     Yes Biz seems like a better fit athletically and pace-wise over Jonas BUT we still have Noah.     All Biz does is rebound and defend Noah does that plus orchestrate offense and great locker-room presence.    MKG is a great defender with length but we already have Kyle Bruno and Holiday whom all offer better shooting and/or playmaking.      Fans aren't viewing these trades correctly.  

Avery Bradley hasn't been good but neither has Temple lately.    Which one of those guys has 1rst team All Defense?  Which guy can reasonably create his own shot.  Which guy is younger?    Who has more upside when playing at his peak?  

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I watched him 4-5 times this year and I don't think he's actually worse than GT. He's under team option so... If he'll be trash you can just say goodbye. 

I would prefer picks obviously, but Temple and Green were completely useless, so... At least it will be the same.