12 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Flippable for what though?  The Raps have been looking for a trade partner for Jonas literally for YEARS and the Clippers had to settle for trading Bradley for expiring contracts. 

Don’t know what may be available this summer. AB is partially guaranteed($2mil) that’s a chip.

JV is cool. I don’t mind keeping him. But if not he’s cheaper and easier to move. Miles and Wright can all be throw ins with Parsons.

Jalen Brown FA will be coming up. 

Washington is DONE so possible dangle the chance to free up money with them(Beal)  

The Lakers young guys will be FA shortly or we can be a 3rd team in on a deal and absorb some money later. 

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I appreciate the sentiment, KBM, but the harsh truth is no picks and no good players in rookie contracts means that all these moves are worthless for the long term rebuild.

Capspace will be freed up, I like that. That's assuming some don't take player options.

The Raptors trade is about clearing cap space. Jonas is a serviceable center. I could see the team trying to resign him. Miles is salary filler. Wright is supposed to be the prize. I have seen outlets over the last two years say he is ready to be a starting PG, but I haven't seen enough of him to say one way or the other. The stats are not overwhelming.

I have no clue what the Clippers trade is about, except, maybe, carrying over an asset into next season as a trade chip and getting more room under the tax.  Bradley is straight trash. If you think otherwise, you are reminiscing about his glory years and haven't watched him the last three. 

temple shot better than miles from deep this year they are kinda the same player imo .

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Marc is hitting 34.4% from the arc. JaMychal Green is hitting 39.6% from the arc. Temple is hitting 35.6%. Miles is hitting 31.4%. Dorsey is hitting 25.6%. In what world do you see this as improving wing shooting? 

Yeah...if our goal was to become the worst shooting team in the NBA, we succeeded

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Worst 3man group by NetRtg on the team are gone

Marc + JaM + Mac   

Jonas V is an actual good player i just hopes he remains a bench big. 

If only we could get rid of JB.

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'd be more excited about Delon Wright if he wasn't turning 27 THIS SEASON

You should be excited by what you saw on Tuesday because now we can realistically start playing like that consistently. 

With the added bonus of not seeing Mack anymore.  

21 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

These deals make a little more sense when viewed as moves made by a team still trying to win as much as possible... but my question is, why the hell would that team be us??  And how the hell were we not able to get even ONE more pick from a playoff hungry Raptors?  You can't tell me they would've called the deal off if we had asked for their 2023 second rounder as well.  

I think they are still in win now mode due to other teams flipping the switch to tank mode. NO, Dallas, LAC, and Washington all traded away good players in an effort to loose games. If we couldn’t get good future value, might as well go all in on conveying that pick. 

4 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

The Raptors trade is about clearing cap space. Jonas is a serviceable center. I could see the team trying to resign him. Miles is salary filler. Wright is supposed to be the prize. I have seen outlets over the last two years say he is ready to be a starting PG, but I haven't seen enough of him to say one way or the other. The stats are not overwhelming.

I mistakenly took someone's word that they were expiring contracts. They are player options. So they aren't even cap clearing. Miles is definitely taking his option. Jonas may or may not. He probably won't get that much per year again, but he would definitely get more over the life of his next contract.

I am pretty happy with the trades. It is much better than to be locked up with a full crap like Knight, Chriss, MKG, Biyombo while hoping we won`t pick Adams, Wroten, Henry, Martin etc. We are now faster,  younger and happier! Let`s start a new "run-n-gun" era!

4 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

I am pretty happy with the trades. It is much better than to be locked up with a full crap like Knight, Chriss, MKG, Biyombo while hoping we won`t pick Adams, Wroten, Henry, Martin etc. We are now faster,  younger and happier! Let`s start a new "run-n-gun" era!

Excellent point.  

Has anyone see how cool was the squad Conley-Holiday-Washburn-Junior-Ivan in the latest game? Now I can only imagine what happens when Bradley, Wright, Miles join them. We have never ever have such a crazy backcourt. My expectations are high! And I find them reasonable. 

The way some of you are talking, you'd think this team wasn't 11 games under .500 and that they weren't barely .500 the previous two seasons.

After we parted ways with Zach, Marc became the clear number 2 and Jamychal was the number 3. They got undeniably much worse. This year, we've seen some of the worst basketball in the past 10 years watching that frontcourt + Mack.

I would have liked to have more shooting, but when you're this bad, what are you losing exactly by shaking things up? I keep hearing people talk about first rounders. How often do the Grizzlies hit on first rounders? You know how relevant first rounders are? We just got back a guy drafted in the first round just a couple of years ago and most people are like who the heck is that? Plus Marc is slow and doesn't fit what alot of teams want to do. I imagine our takers were limited.

I think Bradley could redeem himself as a Grizz (he was Tony Allen with better offense in Boston) and I don't think Jonas is some massive downgrade from Marc. He's actually alot tougher too. So let's see what happens.

Other positives

Time to feature J13!! He is by far the undisputed 1A option now. And NOBODY is going to be able to dispute that. 

Mike won’t have to let Gasol touch the ball evertime down the floor now. Just do your thing Mike.

JJJ and Rab looked good the last game. So we can really see what we have with these other guys now

6 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Other positives

Time to feature J13!! He is by far the undisputed 1A option now. And NOBODY is going to be able to dispute that. 

Mike won’t have to let Gasol touch the ball evertime down the floor now. Just do your thing Mike.

JJJ and Rab looked good the last game. So we can really see what we have with these other guys now

I think him and rabb are 1a and 1b

Watching the game with Minnesota, I saw Mike enjoying having all third line FREE for use, playing with the bigs who are running up and down fast creating space and threatening to go to the rim, not just staying on the third line like a boss. I am happy I will see it more often.

9 minutes ago, Grizzly_Bear said:

The way some of you are talking, you'd think this team wasn't 11 games under .500 and that they weren't barely .500 the previous two seasons.

After we parted ways with Zach, Marc became the clear number 2 and Jamychal was the number 3. They got undeniably much worse. This year, we've seen some of the worst basketball in the past 10 years watching that frontcourt + Mack.

I would have liked to have more shooting, but when you're this bad, what are you losing exactly by shaking things up? I keep hearing people talk about first rounders. How often do the Grizzlies hit on first rounders? You know how relevant first rounders are? We just got back a guy drafted in the first round just a couple of years ago and most people are like who the heck is that? Plus Marc is slow and doesn't fit what alot of teams want to do. I imagine our takers were limited.

I think Bradley could redeem himself as a Grizz (he was Tony Allen with better offense in Boston) and I don't think Jonas is some massive downgrade from Marc. He's actually alot tougher too. So let's see what happens.

after reading how Jonas V was so excited to go to shootaround today WITH TORONTO and was looking forward to the trade deadline passing with him staying in TOR, I fear that JV is going to be extremely disappointed in coming to MEM.

Hey, I have been to TOR several times and I think its an absolutely GREAT city plus they are going to the playoffs and MEM is not.  Im thinking JV is gonna be going through the motions

We turned a page today. Excited to see what these guys can do. I expect a rocky rest of the season as we adjust to new players, but I really like JV if he can stay healthy and we resign him to a reasonable deal. We desperately need shooters

Positives: Shelvin Mack will never play another game for the grizzlies. I think that's a win in my books. I've always liked JV, and I do want to throw it out there that he is averaging 24 points and 14 rebounds per 36. Not too shabby. Delon Wright was very effective last year off the bench. Will he do better in an increased role? That remains to be seen. He's better than Mack regardless. CJ Miles is whatever at this point. Avery Bradley needed a change of scenery, as he was someone that I wanted in free agency this year. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The biggest positive of all: the grizzlies did not trade Mike Conley. 

and the boards suddenly is alive and kicking