The grizzlies got younger:

Flipped Marc, 34 for Jonas, 26.

Got two young players so far... Delon Wright and Tyler Dorsey. How good are these guys, remains to be seen.

Got two vets with skillsets: avery bradley and cj miles.

Got a second round pick that is so far out that the grizzlies hope it will be close to a first rounder when it becomes available.

I'll be honest, I know very little about Delon Wright or Tyler Dorsey. I also wonder if the grizzlies COULD have gotten OG and PICKED wright instead since OG is really similar to Kyle. Not knowing how people view Wright, I can't say if teams would think that he was the same VALUE as OG was.

The grizzlies traded rebounding for youth and shooting. 

Here are my concerns: What role will Jonas take, if he takes minutes from Rabb, which he will, it will be a disaster. Rabb is better than Jonas in every way. Bradley and CJ are serviceable, but I wonder if Bradley is a setup to trading Mike in the off season. It really doesn't make much sense otherwise. I do like bradley, but not as our starting point. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Got two young players so far... Delon Wright and Tyler Dorsey. How good are these guys, remains to be since.

Got a second round pick that is so far out that the grizzlies hop it will be close to a first rounder when it becomes available.

I'll be honest, I know very little about Delon Wright or Tyler Dorsey. I also wonder if the grizzlies COULD have gotten OG and PICKED wright instead since OG is really similar to Kyle. Not knowing how people view Wright, I can't say if teams would think that he was the same VALUE as OG was.

Here are my concerns: What role will Jonas take, if he takes minutes from Rabb, which he will, it will be a disaster. Rabb is better than Jonas in every way. Bradley and CJ are serviceable, but I wonder if Bradley is a setup to trading Mike in the off season. It really doesn't make much sense otherwise. I do like bradley, but not as our starting point. 

OG has years left on his contract, something none of the others except Dorsey do. These moves are awful, worthless to the future of the Grizzlies

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Got two young players so far... Delon Wright and Tyler Dorsey. How good are these guys, remains to be since.

Got a second round pick that is so far out that the grizzlies hop it will be close to a first rounder when it becomes available.

Avery Bradley is a SG not a PG. 

I don’t consider 26 to be a young player. You’re usually just what you are by that age. And Wright is booty. Dorsey will probably be playing overseas in 3 years 

No move we made today will have any effect on the teams future 

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

I don’t consider 26 to be a young player. You’re usually just what you are by that age. And Dorsey will probably be playing overseas in 3 years 

he is still on his rookie deal and he came is as a 23 year old I think. Again, in this new nba, older vets, even ones as good as marc, aren't getting much value in return.

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

he is still on his rookie deal and he came is as a 23 year old I think. Again, in this new nba, older vets, even ones as good as marc, aren't getting much value in return.

I agree but Don’t try to gift wrap a turd sandwich 

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jonas when healthy is a cheaper Gasol without a decent 3 point shot. Miles, Wright, Dorsey and Bradley are all potential free agents who likely won't resign with Memphis (Bradley is the most expensive but at least he has a team option). The Grizzlies did Marc Gasol a favor and unloaded two players that were losing time in the rotation for a player who can't shoot from the perimeter and once was considered a decent defender. They did get a little younger but not much really. I don't see how anyone can portray these moves as improving our shooting. 

11 minutes ago, Allen said:

I don’t consider 26 to be a young player. You’re usually just what you are by that age. And Wright is booty. Dorsey will probably be playing overseas in 3 years 

Only realistic young guy on our radar was Malik Monk.    Charlotte wasnt given him to us.    TOR collection of players are better than what CHA offered.  Biyombo isn't nearly as good as JonasV .   CJ Miles + Delonte > MKG + Kaminsky.     

The only thing that is truly better would be the picks. 

The problem isn't the players. I mean if he's healthy JV is better than any of Jam, Temple or Mack, and of MKG, Biyombo, Kaminsky, Monk whoever else we could've probably get. The problem is the pick.

Raptors 2019 2nd
Raptors 2020 1st
Raptors 2020 2nd
Raptors 2021 1st
Raptors 2021 2nd
Raptors 2022 1st
Raptors 2023 1st
Raptors 2023 2nd
Raptors 2024 1st

You're telling me couldn't get any of these better picks for Gasol?

These deals make a little more sense when viewed as moves made by a team still trying to win as much as possible... but my question is, why the hell would that team be us??  And how the hell were we not able to get even ONE more pick from a playoff hungry Raptors?  You can't tell me they would've called the deal off if we had asked for their 2023 second rounder as well.  

Positives...

All flippable contracts. JV is a nice player tho. And he won’t be as moody as Gasol and will allow JJJ to move up in the pecking order

.........AND Now maybe when we kick CW to the curb the will have something to work with on the market. 

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

13 minutes ago, Allen said:

OG is a future starter at worse, we cant say that about Wright. I thought he was 24, so I expected him to be devoloped into our future starting sg. Now I really dont know.

I appreciate the sentiment, KBM, but the harsh truth is no picks and no good players in rookie contracts means that all these moves are worthless for the long term rebuild.

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Jonas when healthy is a cheaper Gasol without a decent 3 point shot. Miles, Wright, Dorsey and Bradley are all potential free agents who likely won't resign with Memphis (Bradley is the most expensive but at least he has a team option). The Grizzlies did Marc Gasol a favor and unloaded two players that were losing time in the rotation for a player who can't shoot from the perimeter and once was considered a decent defender. They did get a little younger but not much really. I don't see how anyone can portray these moves as improving our shooting. 

Miles is historically a good 3 point shooter, Tyler Dorsey coming out of college was a 3 point shooter shooting over 45% from 3. Maybe I should have said wing shooting, instead of just shooting.

But the grizzlies hope that he is a late bloomer for sure. 

8 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Positives...

All flippable contracts. JV is a nice player tho. And he won’t be as moody as Gasol and will allow JJJ to move up in the pecking order

.........AND Now maybe when we kick CW to the curb the will have something to work with on the market. 

Flippable for what though?  The Raps have been looking for a trade partner for Jonas literally for YEARS and the Clippers had to settle for trading Bradley for expiring contracts. 

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I appreciate the sentiment, KBM, but the harsh truth is no picks and no good players in rookie contracts means that all these moves are worthless for the long term rebuild.

well, nobody we gave up where either. The sad truth was all marc allowed us to do was get younger. I also think that the grizzlies still want a traditional center setup, but I hate Jonas on this team. Period.

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Miles is historically a good 3 point shooter, Tyler Dorsey coming out of college was a 3 point shooter shooting over 45% from 3. Maybe I should have said wing shooting, instead of just shooting.

But the grizzlies hope that he is a late bloomer for sure. 

CJ Miles is 31 and hitting 31.4% of hos long shots this season. Tyler Dorsey is shooting 25.6% in the NBA from the arc. 

I like both Jonas and Avery Bradley. And I no longer have to watch Mack and Jamychal blow leads and fail to get off shots.

Also, no more looking at Jamychal and Marc pout about every **** thing.

I'm happy.

We traded 3 of our 4 top 3pt shooters today. But that's OK, we got CJ Miles.

Created $8mil in potential cap space with exceptions

can sign Cap now

Got a younger/better (especially for what we need next to JJJ and per 48 stats) center back

LAC deal...ummm...I got nothing

stop slobbering over picks...look at like this. We got a 2011 lottery pick (#5). A mid 2015 first and a high second. Do you think Wallace would draft a 5 pick this year better than Val?

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Marc is 34, so I don't think that matters. 

Marc is hitting 34.4% from the arc. JaMychal Green is hitting 39.6% from the arc. Temple is hitting 35.6%. Miles is hitting 31.4%. Dorsey is hitting 25.6%. In what world do you see this as improving wing shooting?