WVgrizz

Grizzlies keeping Mike Conley

6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I think he should've declined what was clearly intended to be a 'consolation prize' of sorts.  "Sorry Mike, we aren't gonna put you in an all star game, but since you've been nice about it, um... here's a... let's see... oh!  here ya go... you can participate in the least interesting of all the all star weekend events.'  Actually, he should have accepted, and then just not shown up.  Big middle finger.

Yeah, I agree with all of this except the part about the skills challenge being the least interesting.  It probably is to most people, or at least perceived that way, but not for me.  Honestly I think the All-Star Game itself is more boring, not to mention the slam dunk contest.  Without using any gimmicks when was the last time anyone was creative enough to do something wholly new in the dunk contest?  It seems to me that just about every great dunk has already been done.

But it does feel like the league just threw Mike a bone with no meat on it.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, I agree with all of this except the part about the skills challenge being the least interesting.  It probably is to most people, or at least perceived that way, but not for me.  Honestly I think the All-Star Game itself is more boring, not to mention the slam dunk contest.  Without using any gimmicks when was the last time anyone was creative enough to do something wholly new in the dunk contest?  It seems to me that just about every great dunk has already been done.

But it does feel like the league just threw Mike a bone with no meat on it.

Man, the Aaron Gordon x Lavine was awesome, my only problemn with that Slam Dunk Contest is that Gordon should have won it, but other than that we got a excellent competition.

I have not watched any of the all star weekend.  I have heard the comments about mike's interview and seen the video.   Mike is talking like he is as good as the best players in the nba, and he openly says he wants to be an all star and he thinks he could be.  

Then i saw the video on mike conley in the skills challenge.  

Seriously, if mike wants fans to respect his game more and vote him as an all star, he has to play like one first.   Every game.   We get "average mike" games way too much.

A guy who wants to be an all star doesn't go 10 for 37 (27%) averaging just 12.6 points per game in 3 losses just before all star weekend.  Then go into the all star weekend and lose in a skills challenge in the first round to a younger player.  Just not something an alpha does, and i think it's been established mike conley is not an alpha.   Imo, it's an attitude of competition that separates good players from great players.   Great players don't wanna lose at anything. 

Lol, Mike Conley...gonna be a Grizzlies forever!  Mike as well call him Elvis King Conley...lol.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:57 AM, Once_a_hater said:

Man, the Aaron Gordon x Lavine was awesome, my only problemn with that Slam Dunk Contest is that Gordon should have won it, but other than that we got a excellent competition.

Yeah that was a really good dunk contest