WVgrizz

Grizzlies keeping Mike Conley

If he's willing to stay with the Grizz for the rebuild and retire here, that will be the best for us. He can still play at a high/solid level for another 3 yrs and will help with JJJ's development. If Conley wants to win a championship, then he'll get traded over the summer.

I'm good with that.

Majic Money Mike

Brother, just keep feeding Jaren now

one thing that has not been mentioned is the fact that conley could be traded in the summer for a deal including a pick-at the draft.

slim.

4 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

one thing that has not been mentioned is the fact that conley could be traded in the summer for a deal including a pick-at the draft.

slim.

If we do that I want a point guard along with the pick. Utah first rounder plus Rubio and a future first for Conley and a bad contract would be the starting point.  

It would be really funny if we had to convey the pick this year to Boston but Kyrie bolts to the Knicks, then we trade Conley to the Celtics for our pick back plus the Kings pick and contracts.  

I am not opposed to keeping Conley next year especially if we keep our pick in the 6-8 range.  Keep Conley because the best way to convey the pick will be to make the playoffs.  

15 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

If we do that I want a point guard along with the pick. Utah first rounder plus Rubio and a future first for Conley and a bad contract would be the starting point.  

It would be really funny if we had to convey the pick this year to Boston but Kyrie bolts to the Knicks, then we trade Conley to the Celtics for our pick back plus the Kings pick and contracts.  

I am not opposed to keeping Conley next year especially if we keep our pick in the 6-8 range.  Keep Conley because the best way to convey the pick will be to make the playoffs.  

Indy would be the best trade partner.    Aaron Holiday plus pick fits the bill and bad contract would be Dougie McBuckets. 

Its way too early to speculate.

You've got Kyrie and Kemba the two big UFA targets. Then theres DRose also UFA. DRussell is RFA. Then you got the Bucks who may let one or both go, and run with Brogdon or target one of the above, LAL again trying to get AD and trading Lonzo, Rozier will be in the mix as well. That's just off the top of my head.

It could be a big musical chairs shakeup in the league at PG.

I do not wanna move off Mike unless we have a pretty decent replacement, anything less will guarantee us as being bad for 5 years. Picks or no picks. We can't even get a decent backup PG to play 12-15mins....

44 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I do not wanna move off Mike unless we have a pretty decent replacement, anything less will guarantee us as being bad for 5 years. Picks or no picks. We can't even get a decent backup PG to play 12-15mins....

No kidding!

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Its way too early to speculate.

You've got Kyrie and Kemba the two big UFA targets. Then theres DRose also UFA. DRussell is RFA. Then you got the Bucks who may let one or both go, and run with Brogdon or target one of the above, LAL again trying to get AD and trading Lonzo, Rozier will be in the mix as well. That's just off the top of my head.

It could be a big musical chairs shakeup in the league at PG.

I would love to come away with Rozier from Boston

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim.

Oh it’s definitely been mentioned 

My thoughts are I don't believe we will ever get a point guard as good or that has potential to be better than Mike. Mike is a consummate professional and the identity of this franchise. We have to realize this is Memphis and Mike Conley is about as big of a name as we will be able to attract. The FO was wrong by giving him that big of a deal and we will probably be stuck with that contract for the duration of it. Which in a grand scheme of things is not a bad idea to keep Conley. Look at his numbers. He is a legit big time PG in this league. All we need now is to develop a back-up PG and hopefully that is Carter. Once the contract is over for Conley then he will be out of his prime. That's when we should move him, unless he would take a big pay cut (say sign a 3 year deal worth 45-50 million) after this contract is done. Conley can play in about any system do to his dynamic play making and shooting. He is an important piece of the franchise and city if we want to win in the future. It will always pay off to have a good veteran PG on an up and coming team. Mike fits every mold in what we want to do present and in the future. 

16 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

My thoughts are I don't believe we will ever get a point guard as good or that has potential to be better than Mike. Mike is a consummate professional and the identity of this franchise. We have to realize this is Memphis and Mike Conley is about as big of a name as we will be able to attract. The FO was wrong by giving him that big of a deal and we will probably be stuck with that contract for the duration of it. Which in a grand scheme of things is not a bad idea to keep Conley. Look at his numbers. He is a legit big time PG in this league. All we need now is to develop a back-up PG and hopefully that is Carter. Once the contract is over for Conley then he will be out of his prime. That's when we should move him, unless he would take a big pay cut (say sign a 3 year deal worth 45-50 million) after this contract is done. Conley can play in about any system do to his dynamic play making and shooting. He is an important piece of the franchise and city if we want to win in the future. It will always pay off to have a good veteran PG on an up and coming team. Mike fits every mold in what we want to do present and in the future. 

If Mike had the chance to play with a top level sg, he would look twice as good. 

Utah would be the ideal place for him

11 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

If Mike had the chance to play with a top level sg, he would look twice as good. 

Utah would be the ideal place for him

I agree that Mike would look like an All-Star with a big time SG but I just don't see him ending up in Utah

I have always respected mike conley, but mike has way too many "average mike" games.   That has to stop if you're being paid over 30 million.  Of course, it's not his fault the FO overpaid him, is it?

I think mike could refresh his game now that gasol is gone.  At least i hope he can.

if we keep our pick we'd be fools to move conley unless Wright really shows he can be a starting pg or we get a starter type back in the deal . 

i think we try to package parsons + our pick again , Maybe bradley since he can be bought out for 2m , i could see  a few teams wanting that cap room , parsons exp deal will be much easier for other teams to take on as well . 

if we keep our pick  i really don't mind moving down this year i also think this draft is looking better than most people tend to think , it's gonna be way better than 2 stars and a bunch of bust which is what i see lot's of people saying .

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

https://youtu.be/-Ag1qyS8jdQ

Seems that he wants out. I would like to keep Conley a little bit more but if he wants out let him go.

39 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Seems to me like those guys force him to say it.

Yeah Screaming A was basically kickin' Mike's azzz about it.

But it's sad because I can see Mike's days as a Grizzly coming to an end....pretty soon

Just now, IdrinkGuinness said:

if we keep our pick we'd be fools to move conley unless Wright really shows he can be a starting pg or we get a starter type back in the deal . 

i think we try to package parsons + our pick again , Maybe bradley since he can be bought out for 2m , i could see  a few teams wanting that cap room , parsons exp deal will be much easier for other teams to take on as well . 

if we keep our pick  i really don't mind moving down this year i also think this draft is looking better than most people tend to think , it's gonna be way better than 2 stars and a bunch of bust .

Man I got howled at for suggesting a course of action could be to attach a pick to move Parsons. I didn't even say they should do it.

But I've thought about it for a while now. I'd like to keep Mike to at least the end of his contract, maybe retirement. I'm desperate to move Chancre even to attach a pick to move him. JV is gonna opt out, I'm willing to bet on that, so we could clear $40mil right there. Mike called D'Angelo "his boy". Right - there's a target right there - get D'Angelo put him with Mike, keep Bradley, move Dillon, Miles at the deadline, still have money for a MLE level player in FA.

I guarantee that if Mike leaves and we don't replace him with at least an equal level player, we will be garbage for a long time and Jaren will walk

31 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Man I got howled at for suggesting a course of action could be to attach a pick to move Parsons. I didn't even say they should do it.

But I've thought about it for a while now. I'd like to keep Mike to at least the end of his contract, maybe retirement. I'm desperate to move Chancre even to attach a pick to move him. JV is gonna opt out, I'm willing to bet on that, so we could clear $40mil right there. Mike called D'Angelo "his boy". Right - there's a target right there - get D'Angelo put him with Mike, keep Bradley, move Dillon, Miles at the deadline, still have money for a MLE level player in FA.

I guarantee that if Mike leaves and we don't replace him with at least an equal level player, we will be garbage for a long time and Jaren will walk

i think thisdraft is much better to move parsons  than last year , i'm not sure if its the right move ,would highly depend on the return . shed some of parsons salary for a later pick and maybe future picks and a guy that can suit up  , doesnt sound awful to me if we can play our cards right .

As a fan and ignoring  everything else , it would be great for at least one of the CORE 4 to retire a grizz .

Edited by IdrinkGuinness