WVgrizz

Grizzlies acquire Tyler Dorsey for Mack

Yeah... he is really bad.  I know he's still young, but this is his second year and he is still a horrendous shooter and extremely turnover happy, and obviously for a point guard, those aren't good signs.  

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah... he is really bad.  I know he's still young, but this he it's his second year and he is still a horrendous shooter and extremely turnover happy, and obviously for a point guard, those aren't good signs.  

he's a SG that can run the PNR  if he can get back on track like he was last year,  he's not gonna be a full time PG .

22 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

All you need to know is he is NOT Shelvin Mack.  

22 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Sold!

We coulda traded Mack for a box of Tide Pods and I would be content.

Just curious, but why did Atlanta do this deal?

Were they so close to the salary floor or something that they wanted to trade a cheaper expiring for a more expensive expiring?

Why trade for a more expensive guy to waive?  I don't think cash considerations were even involved?

15 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Were they so close to the salary floor or something that they wanted to trade a cheaper expiring for a more expensive expiring?

Why trade for a more expensive guy to waive?  I don't think cash considerations were even involved?

I think there is one more year on his contract, I could be wrong though.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, Myers said:

Shelvin "pistol" mack just waived by Atlanta. 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:46 PM, Joey Crawford said:

Trading Mack was a good move.

LOL

Mack makes his debut for the Hornets

12mins, 0-2, 0 pts, -20 rating game worst.

Hornets lost.

Yep not gonna miss that AT ALL.

Dorsey just needs to get a lot of work in down in the G-League. He isn't ready for this yet.

15 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Didn't look horrible last night.

You looked ?

on purpose?

are you ok?

need some hep?

Want to talk about it?

😬

On 2/8/2019 at 3:39 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

Wouldn't that give them more cap space?

On 2/7/2019 at 2:36 PM, IdrinkGuinness said:

dorsey was a beast in college i really wanted the grizz to draft him , dude was awesome in the tourney when they made  the final four  , i hope we keep him around  but his chances are pretty slim imo .  i think he'll get a shot , he was probably a target soon as we found out we couldnt get monk who are both viewed as "microowave" kind of guys .  to cmpare him to monk Dorsey is less of an  athlete and doesnt seem to put in the work to improve . i htink he can get open without the ball better than monk using screen and stuf but monk is juch a better athlete  so maybe not ?  monk is also gonna be a little better on D both are undersized but monk has the quickness two guard PG/SG while doresy doesn't .

If monk is lou williams at his best  i think dorsey in an CJ Mccullom type as   using some footwork to score ,screens etc to score instead of just blowing past his guy . dude can hit the 3 ball thats for sure but as of now he's gotta be really open since he's a bit slow and small and lacks a 1st step to create space .    he does have a pretty quick shot though and can get his feet set pretty fast   .

i think a lot of you guys will like him he was improving and gaining more and more trust under coach bud in atl  no idea if something happened with him our Lloyd just didn't play him as much .or whatever . Getting him for Mack is the best trade we made today !

He looks like he might be a keeper to me.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

He looks like he might be a keeper to me.

i think so , he  deserves some mins ..  he's a young guy that needs to play him self off the team more so than just being tossed to side . maybe i'm just reading too much into a respected coach like bud finding more and more mins and a larger role for him , some do to injuries but still .

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dorsety01/splits/2018

2 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i think so , he  deserves some mins ..  he's a young guy that needs to play him self off the team more so than just being tossed to side . maybe i'm just reading too much into a respected coach like bud finding more and more mins and a larger role for him , some do to injuries but still .

He's got a good solid stroke on the ball.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

He's got a good solid stroke on the ball.

Ehhh That makes me a little nervous

On 2/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, IdrinkGuinness said:

Remember that he was getting more minutes because Atlanta was in a hot tanking race.