GF#1

Grizzlies trading Gasol to Raptors

4 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

We, not he. Look at the roster 

Oh, I agree with you on that!  That's for damnnnn sure...lol

13 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bradley and Miles have been targets for CW for years. I legitimately believe CW traded for these people because he still thinks they're high level players.

This year's stats say Miles is done. 

Keith Smith Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Great return for Memphis for a guy who was done with the Grizzlies anyway.

Keith Smith added,

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn
    Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

6 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

I'm a little bit better now that I've had time to digest everything. Totally understand that the Bradley deal was tax related. And I know that Gasol doesn't carry much value, but I just felt like a desperate team like the Raptors would come off of a future 1st.

I just don't like that we didn't get any picks, even heavily protected ones. But we do have some movable parts to play with.

Right???  I mean, did CW even try to get more picks??  You can't tell me that Toronto would've said "no deal" if we had asked for two second round picks, which is still a trash return, but...

5 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Right???  I mean, did CW even try to get more picks??  You can't tell me that Toronto would've said "no deal" if we had asked for two second round picks, which is still a trash return, but...

CW has failed to get one single first round pick for two deadlines in a row after openly stating that his goal was get a first rounder.

5 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

CW has failed to get one single first round pick for two deadlines in a row after openly stating that his goal was get a first rounder.

But hey, at least he’s managed to lose some more picks along the way.

14 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Philly just got a first and a second for Fultz who is broken and can't play. Memphis couldn't get that for a healthy Gasol. 

Chip, I agree the 2nd round pick was a bit confusing to me.  I was hoping they at least get a LATE 1st round for Gasol.  I don't get that part.

5 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

This is so hilariously sad.

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

But hey, at least he’s managed to lose some more picks along the way.

Only reason the dumb *** hasn't traded any more firsts recently is because he can't :lol:

I respect Dwash's opinion a lot and I am realistic about Gasols value. But there's no way you can't get a late first from Toronto in this trade. 

The east is an arms race this year. With the Harris to Philly trade and Mitotic to Bucks, the Raptors did the Gasol trade to keep pace. Does anyone really think that Toronto is gonna let a late 1st stop them from a finals berth? Yes Gasols value wasn't that high but Wallace is a terrible negotiator, both are true. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

GTF, then you actually wonder why I want to give this pick up!

This draft will depend on who ends up where.

Bulls and Magic will end careers.  The Knicks could too but they might be trending up.  Plus the media will hype up whoever they get especially if they land Zion Williamson or RJ Barrett.  

Although it would have been a great draft to have 15 and 20 (from Utah and Charlotte). 

Unfortunately, I like this draft better than next year's. Althougb maybe both are super top heavy.

I duno what you guys were thinking we'd get for Marc.  First round picks?  Maybe in the late 20s.  Great young talent?  Not likely. 

So many people keep talking like the Grizz are walking away from offers of top talent and good picks.  You are dreaming.

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I respect Dwash's opinion a lot and I am realistic about Gasols value. But there's no way you can't get a late first from Toronto in this trade. 

The east is an arms race this year. With the Harris to Philly trade and Mitotic to Bucks, the Raptors did the Gasol trade to keep pace. Does anyone really think that Toronto is gonna let a late 1st stop them from a finals berth? Yes Gasols value wasn't that high but Wallace is a terrible negotiator, both are true. 

Yep.

3 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

This.  We held most of the cards in that negotiation.  The Raptors were clearly desperate to keep up with the Joneses, as it were... I'm just so disgusted.

Can't see it being anyone but Casspi.

edit- actually what they should do is waive Dorsey too and keep the spot open during buyout season. If nothing comes up they can resign Dorsey or sign Watanabe or Washburn for the seaosn

4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

the raptors were trading youth to the grizzlies. the second round pick IS our first round pick.

Well on a brighter note, I'm much more excited about watching the Grizzlies now. Being forced to watch Gasol out there recently has been pure punishment.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

the raptors were trading youth to the grizzlies. the second round pick IS our first round pick.

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

gasol 34, jonas 26 = youth upgrade. the second round pick is 2024, by then the raptors will most likely be a lottery team. That's what I am saying.

10 minutes ago, Gradey said:

I duno what you guys were thinking we'd get for Marc.  First round picks?  Maybe in the late 20s.  Great young talent?  Not likely. 

So many people keep talking like the Grizz are walking away from offers of top talent and good picks.  You are dreaming.

Are you suggesting the Charlotte rumors weren't true? Hell. I'd rather have Lowry and Jonas than what the Grizzlies ended up with. I feel sorry for Mike. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Are you folks serious we got a center who.is 8 years younger with a per 36 of 24.5 and 13.8 rebs!!! Gasol is 16.8 and 9.2 in case you didnt know. And an upgrade in backup pg play and a shooter. All without the arrogance and cockiness of a guy who thinks he is the mayor here.

These guys (especially JV) can be traded next year!

I don't see the Grizz getting beat in this deal, I think JV can be a better anchor than Gasol. However I am glad Gasol got sent to a good team.

6 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Well on a brighter note, I'm much more excited about watching the Grizzlies now. Being forced to watch Gasol out there recently has been pure punishment.

Me too! Especially if sign Downtown Bruno!

The vets are nice and the trade pieces could be intriguing but the Jaren Show is what it is all about.  Conley/Jaren/Rabb/Holiday looked nice the other night maybe they are the new core four or at least for the year.