Sign in to follow this  
GTG

Boycott the Grizzlies Until Chris Wallace is Fired

Boycott Until Wallace is Fired  

24 members have voted

1. 1. We, the Fanbase of the Memphis Grizzlies, Demand General Manager Chris Wallace Be Fired and Until Said Action is Taken, We Will Collectively Withhold ALL Direct Monetary Support for the Organization.

Folks, the title says it all. The debacle with Gasol this week is the final straw in a storied history of incompetent, idiotic, and outright unacceptable management of this organization spearheaded by Chris Wallace. We are yet again the laughing stock of the NBA, and there is seemingly no plan whatsoever moving forward. And frankly, I for one have zero confidence in the man/men currently making these decisions. 

And apparently, Robert Pera is completely fine with this disaster of a situation. There's no other explanation at this point other than he simply does not care. Well perhaps it is time we as the fan base make him care. Maybe there starts to be an effect on the almighty dollar, there will be some sort of action.

As of this moment, until Chris Wallace has been terminated and a permanent replacement installed, I will not spend a SINGLE CENT on this organization. This includes: no ticket purchases, no merchandise purchases, no watching of games on television, and no listening to games on radio. I urge all of my fellow fans to join in on this movement. We have subjected to the horrible product this organization puts out on the floor as a direct result of the inept management for long enough. We are the ones that pay the bills, we are the ones that support the team. We have the power to withdraw said support pending the demand for change. It is our time to act. Who's with me?? Make the pledge. 

BOYCOTT THE MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES UNTIL CHRIS WALLACE HAS BEEN FIRED!

What if Wallace is just the guy they walk out there to take the bullets?

Nothing is changing while the cluster in the leadership stays the way it stays.

20 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

GTG is back :D :lol:

Oh yeah 😎

14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

What if Wallace is just the guy they walk out there to take the bullets?

Nothing is changing while the cluster in the leadership stays the way it stays.

I seriously doubt for as long as Wallace has been around that he's nothing more than some punching bag figurehead that's covering for someone else who's really making the decisions. Tbh, I think that starts getting into the realm of conspiracy theories. An organization that is so poorly managed as this one isn't going to shell out a huge salary and give a guy a significant title literally just to cover someone else's butt. It's simple: he's an idiot, he makes most if not all of the decisions, but his bosses don't care for whatever reason. It's time we make them care. BOYCOTT!!!!!

I don't care how bad the front office is. I don't care how bad the team is. I am going to go to games and cheer for the men wearing MEMPHIS across their chest. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I don't care how bad the front office is. I don't care how bad the team is. I am going to go to games and cheer for the men wearing MEMPHIS across their chest. 

This isn't a religion you need to blindly follow no matter what happens. The NBA is entertainment business. You pay for it. If your hometown team isn't producing an entertaining product because of horribly moronic and unacceptable management, withholding support will initiate changes. Capitalism 101, supply and demand. The supply is crap, the demand is for change/a better product.

But if you want to throw your money away because of some superficial loyalty that you believe makes you feel your a part of something bigger than yourself, be my guest. These aren't the troops your supporting, it's a bunch of millionaires and billionaires.

The absolutely horrible Gasol trade we just made only solidifies the movement. BOYCOTT NOW!!!!!

I don’t know what was the point of any move we made today 

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

I don’t know what was the point of any move we made today 

Just to say we did something? It sure as heck doesn't help the team in the future at all. We give away our one All Star and the only long-term piece we get is a SECOND round pick in FIVE years? Are you kidding me? We're gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel for years to come now. 

Just now, GTG said:

Just to say we did something? It sure as heck doesn't help the team in the future at all. We give away our one All Star and the only long-term piece we get is a SECOND round pick in FIVE years? Are you kidding me? We're gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel for years to come now. 

it could help if we bring in a gm that can understand the value of expiring contracts  jam,temple are worth more than a guy that the clips have wanted gone all year

4 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

HA !

I'm not boycotting anything...

my tickets just got cheaper !

Still pretty pricy for what you're getting though... A Malco ticket is $12 and now they're coming out with the fancy reclining seats ;)

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Ditto!!!

9 minutes ago, GTG said:

Still pretty pricy for what you're getting though... A Malco ticket is $12 and now they're coming out with the fancy reclining seats ;)

hahaaa

I'm STILL winning...

try $5 ! 

NBA live action for $5 ... 

wait... WOAH !!!

GTG ?

3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

hahaaa

I'm STILL winning...

try $5 ! 

NBA live action for $5 ... 

wait... WOAH !!!

GTG ?

BUT you're forgetting the gas to get downtown, the $15 parking fees, and the $12 burger and fries. ;) Malco ftw!!

22 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

The Clip trade??? 🤢 

Preferring what instead? Enjoing Temple and Green for the rest of the season? Or Knight`s salary in the next year roster? Oh wait! You thought 76s were offering Shamet, 1st and Chandler? Bradley is a good player who is able to help convey the FRP to Boston while having cleared some space afterwards. For another Mister Anderson for example. Or for a bad asset + picks which I assume would make you happier.