JWill4L

Hornets in strong discussions to get Marc, per Shams

If Monk isn’t included in the deal then Chris Wallace needs to be fired. He should be fired anyway 

I'll bet this was the hold up:

They wanted Kaminsky included - which they have been saying for a while, we said no Monk has to be included.

That, plus they wanted to win tonight before the trade went down.

Hopefully this is right.......

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

The same Twitter trail has Monk is confirmed

This is a more logical deal. Monk + 1st is what we are getting for Marc. Biyombo could help our rebounding, and I am interested to see if Kaminsky can play.

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'll bet this was the hold up:

They wanted Kaminsky included - which they have been saying for a while, we said no Monk has to be included.

That, plus they wanted to win tonight before the trade went down.

Hopefully this is right.......

Good! Monk will help! Could even be a Core guy for the future. Are we getting a first?

Although I like Jaren and Rabb sometimes you gotta go big and Bismack can supposedly protect the rim.  Jaren/Rabb/BB/Noah gives us some solid options inside.  

If we get the Charlotte first and keep ours the picks could have equal value.  Kind of deep with second-rate lotto types but maybe only a few (one?) Tier 1 guys.

I will take Tre Jones though as the point guard of the future.  Kevin Porter Jr. or Reddish on the wing.  

This is a good draft to have either the top pick or multiple firsts.

We might get this whole rebuild thing done by June!

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Good! Monk will help! Could even be a Core guy for the future. Are we getting a first?

Although I like Jaren and Rabb sometimes you gotta go big and Bismack can supposedly protect the rim.  Jaren/Rabb/BB/Noah gives us some solid options inside.  

If we get the Charlotte first and keep ours the picks could have equal value.  Kind of deep with second-rate lotto types but maybe only a few (one?) Tier 1 guys.

I will take Tre Jones though as the point guard of the future.  Kevin Porter Jr. or Reddish on the wing.  

This is a good draft to have either the top pick or multiple firsts.

We might get this whole rebuild thing done by June!

That is the rumour.

Man this is exhausting! I just want this to be finalised today so we can all rest LOL

9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

That is the rumour.

Man this is exhausting! I just want this to be finalised today so we can all rest LOL

Any bigs we get should take a backseat to developing Jaren and Rabb.  

Monk should help as a classic 6th man scorer (but I haven't watched much of him).  

Our backup point guard play is horrid. Point guards are so important now.  Maybe we can get a guy that Conley can tutor.  MC is only 31 but he has a lot of mileage.

The NBA is supposedly all about positionless basketball but I still think you need a genuine point guard and a legit big.  I actually think that teams will go back to having prototype players at each spot.  Leaving the 6'7 position less amoeba players to come off the bench in scrappy bench mob units.   

Y'all already know Wallace is gonna be hyping up our two game winning streak when we stand pat at the deadline 😂

I'm taking my *** to sleep. How can we constantly mess deals up. Teams think they are going to fleece us. Good night. 

2 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

I'm taking my *** to sleep. How can we constantly mess deals up. Teams think they are going to fleece us. Good night. 

'Not gone ROOK US!' 

🤣

I'm kinda ready to get to tomorrow too... goodnight

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Y'all already know Wallace is gonna be hyping up our two game winning streak when we stand pat at the deadline 😂

Brooooo, he going to be hyping up how he built the core 4 8 years ago and blaming the other team for screwingnthings up when the only common denominator in both was HIM!

8 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

Good plan.  At this point, it's like watching those Grizzlies @ Warriors games when the Grizzlies are already down 19 halfway into the 2nd quarter.  There cold be a payoff, but most likely if you stay up, you'll just be disappointed and tired.

If I was a Hornets fan, I'd be upset giving up a 1st for a Gasol rental.  Seems very Wallacey.

We need to call Marc Cuban. He just traded Dennis Smith Jr., an unprotected 2021 first round pick plus ANOTHER first round Krusty the Broken Down Clown.