JWill4L

Hornets in strong discussions to get Marc, per Shams

15 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Monk could be good off the bench.  I don't see him becoming a Alpha by any means because of his size and lack of elite handles.    A good prospect to have and fun to watch during a tanking season. 

With the roster we have, he's easily talented enough to be a starter and/or be playing 30 mins.

The problem he had in Charlotte was he did not get enough minutes consistently, and when he did he put up reasonable points.

That doesn't mean he is a sure fire success, but like I said, he's better than the rest of our roster.

32 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

he shoots 90% from ft line, that's a huge indicator that he has untapped 3 point shooting potential. 

Bruh. I was just lurking to figure out what was going on but this is too much. Lmao. 

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

With the roster we have, he's easily talented enough to be a starter and/or be playing 30 mins.

The problem he had in Charlotte was he did not get enough minutes consistently, and when he did he put up reasonable points.

That doesn't mean he is a sure fire success, but like I said, he's better than the rest of our roster.

Oh no doubt about it.  No one else on our perimeter has his scoring ability.    

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Monk could be good off the bench.  I don't see him becoming a Alpha by any means because of his size and lack of elite handles.    A good prospect to have and fun to watch during a tanking season. 

hes got a great 1st step and can create just fine for a 20 year old 

8 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Bruh. I was just lurking to figure out what was going on but this is too much. Lmao. 

I know right, his *** was talking on that one. 😂

Knowing Wallace we’ll get a top 20 protected 1st round pick and give away two future 2nds. 

Hearing Marc Gasol has been traded to Charlotte for Malik Monk, a first round pick, and an expiring contract. Gasol left the arena tonight at halftime and was emotional.

this just popped up on nba rumors.

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Where is Garrett Temple?   

Hopefully on the rack as well, although he could be dogging it.

He bumped into someone on a screen and has a 2 week shoulder injury?

6 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Hearing Marc Gasol has been traded to Charlotte for Malik Monk, a first round pick, and an expiring contract. Gasol left the arena tonight at halftime and was emotional.

the only expirings they have is Kaminsky, Lamb, and Kemba.

Biyombo and MGK are not technically an expiring because they have a player option.

They must be talking about Biyombo?

4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

the only expirings they have is Kaminsky, Lamb, and Kemba.

Biyombo and MGK are not technically an expiring because they have a player option.

They must be talking about Biyombo?

Biyombo would be the best fit.  Lamb and Kaminsky don't make enough.    I'd rather play Washburn than get MKG cuz he can't shoot at all. 

13 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

what are the sources for this info?

You know y'all make fun of KBM for that comment about Monk's FT shooting, and it may be going a bit far, but if he can shoot well at the FT line that usually means he can shoot.  Now I don't know what his range is, but we haven't even had shooters who are consistent from 2 point range on this team for a while, and if you watched the game tonight there were quite a few times that Holiday was helping to keep us in the driver's seat with that mid-range jumper.  It will still be nice to have someone who can make an outside shot, and if he shoots north of 34% from three point range I'm not turning my nose up at it.

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Biyombo would be the best fit.  Lamb and Kaminsky don't make enough.    I'd rather play Washburn than get MKG cuz he can't shoot at all. 

what are the sources for this info?

dont know how reputable it is though, but it’s the 2nd one I’ve heard now.

I have heard, not sure if it's legit, that we are not getting Monk or Bridges in the deal. We should not settle for anything less than a Monk/Bridges + 2019 1st.

If a rumor hangs out there too long and CW is involved, Im almost sure it will fall apart.

9 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I have heard, not sure if it's legit, that we are not getting Monk or Bridges in the deal. We should not settle for anything less than a Monk/Bridges + 2019 1st.

If those two are not involved then we got fleeced. Gotta get one of them. 

Here's another one.

Rod Boone: Source: #Hornets are definitely looking to shake things up and it appears something will go down. Package for Marc Gasol could include either Bismack Biyombo or Cody Zeller and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. #Hornets apparently still working to hash it all out.

9 mins ago via Twitter rodboone

I hope to God it aint Zeller, he's got another 2 years left on his contract.

MKG has really regressed, and has a player option, dont want him either

Wallace better not capitulate!

9 minutes ago, Dwash said:

If a rumor hangs out there too long and CW is involved, Im almost sure it will fall apart.

Chris Wallace making a trade = Ben Stiller in the opening credits of the 40 year old virgin. 

Finding ways to not get it done, snatching defeat from the Jaws oof victory.

6 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

heres the other one

It got to mean Biyombo, the salaries don't match.

Hopefully this is the one, not the other quote I just posted!

I think you gotta have one asset for trading Mike or Marc and another asset for taking on bad contract. We need a future 1st and Monk/Bridges if we are taking on Biyombo, Zeller or MKG.