JWill4L

Hornets in strong discussions to get Marc, per Shams

Maybe Hornets dont wanna finalise the trade until after their game?

They need to win as many as possible

13 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I heard that Monk was originally part of the trade but Memphis blew the opportunity. Came from Mike Conley Sr.

No surpise there

To be fair it would be pretty dumb of them to include Monk in the deal.   Especially now that he has shown flashes of improvement.     That's why they should've pulled this deal over the weekend. 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

To be fair it would be pretty dumb of them to include Monk in the deal.   Especially now that he has shown flashes of improvement.     That's why they should've pulled this deal over the weekend. 

Monk types are a dime a dozen. Not a long term fix. Give me Bridges, first and Biyombo and Im happy.  Would swap Jam for Zeller to make it happen!

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Monk types are a dime a dozen. Not a long term fix. Give me Bridges, first and Biyombo and Im happy.  Would swap Jam for Zeller to make it happen!

I was looking at Bacon.    Dude attacks the rim off the bounce and is a natural scorer but not half the shooter Monk is.    What do you think of him?

NO way they give up Bridges.  Not even Jordan is that bad of a GM. 

6 minutes ago, Dwash said:

With holidy, rabb, mike, jaren, bridges with be amazing. I'd roll with that.

Exactly. I have no idea why so many people on this board get attached to these highly flawed players just because they were lottery picks. There is nothing special about Monk. I would've demanded Bridges, Biyombo, Monk, a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder. If they balked, keep it moving. Bridges and the draft picks would've been the only thing worth keeping and still not sure how good Bridges is . 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I was looking at Bacon.    Dude attacks the rim off the bounce and is a natural scorer but not half the shooter Monk is.    What do you think of him?

NO way they give up Bridges.  Not even Jordan is that bad of a GM. 

Havent seen Bacon much but there are some second round types hanging around on playoff teams that could help and become good players. There always is and Bacon fits the profile as a throw in.

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Exactly. I have no idea why so many people on this board get attached to these highly flawed players just because they were lottery picks. There is nothing special about Monk. I would've demanded Bridges, Biyombo, Monk, a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder. If they balked, keep it moving. Bridges and the draft picks would've been the only thing worth keeping and still not sure how good Bridges is . 

I would like to keep it moving but I dont think that they can. Marc is a prove a point type of guy. He will opt out before staying on a team that has him on the block. You have to take the best deal for him now!

Havent seen Bacon much but there are some second rouns types hanging around on playoff teams that could help and become great players. There always is and Bacon fits the profile as a throw in.

He has a nice size for SG (6'6' w6'10 wingspan).   I wouldn't be upset if we got him along with their 1rst. 

Andrew Greif: Malik Monk, who’s been reported as part of a trade with Memphis, dressed and left the arena quickly tonight. 4 mins ago – via Twitter AndrewGreif

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He has a nice size for SG (6'6' w6'10 wingspan).   I wouldn't be upset if we got him along with their 1rst. 

Shooting a high % I see. I like him more than Monk.

13 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Shooting a high % I see. I like him more than Monk.

You guys need to view the game log for each player.

Monk is the one who is consistently scoring the most points - by a long way

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He is a 6'3" 2 guard, shoots 40% not a great ballhandler. I know his game, nothing special.

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Malik Monk has the potential to be a BIG time scorer. Saw him play live once and was really impressed offensively. He’s limited defensively due to his slight build and attention lapses. Would love to get him tho, he’s loaded with talent and that’s what we need

He is a 6'3" 2 guard, shoots 40% not a great ballhandler. I know his game, nothing special.

he shoots 90% from ft line, that's a huge indicator that he has untapped 3 point shooting potential. 

Eh, limited minutes putting up lots of shots while hitting 40% isn’t necessarily bad bad. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

he shoots 90% from ft line, that's a huge indicator that he has untapped 3 point shooting potential. 

That is not a huge indicator that he has a high 3pt potential. 😂

5 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Eh, limited minutes putting up lots of shots while hitting 40% isn’t necessarily bad bad. 

Aint good good either. Looks like a role player type that the Spurs roll out almost annually to me.

Aint good good either. Looks like a role player type that the Spurs roll out almost annually to me.

Well typical spurs players are better than what we got right now lol. 

Monk could be good off the bench.  I don't see him becoming a Alpha by any means because of his size and lack of elite handles.    A good prospect to have and fun to watch during a tanking season.