JWill4L

Hornets in strong discussions to get Marc, per Shams

8 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm saying your argument is a poor counter to ODK's comment.  Besides, I have trouble thinking any of your ideas are helpful.  Nearly every action you campaigned for eventually came true...   and made us a worse team going back to your campaign to dump Hollins.:angry:

LOL  Don't hate!

It's because my ideas were sound but Grizzlies execution sucked.    It's like right now rebuilding is the smart move but if JB and Chris Wallace are leading it then.......

i remember some folks here being pretty high on hermangomez  when he was drafted  , haven't really watched him  but has he developed ?

10 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

True but the pressure is on MJ to show Kemba they are doing something/anything right now.

Otherwise Kemba goes to NYK and then the Hornets become bottom feeders

Maybe...I’m just viewing things from the Hornets perspective and what I’d give up. Who knows though...

4 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i remember some folks here being pretty high on hermangomez  when he was drafted  , haven't really watched him  but has he developed ?

Didn't realize he is from Spain. uh-oh.

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Maybe...I’m just viewing things from the Hornets perspective and what I’d give up. Who knows though...

Well, their view would be that its low risk, because if it doesn't improve them for this season, and/or if Marc walks then they haven't committed to his salary, but have freed up salary (Biyombo) to give Kemba a big pay rise and/or go after other FA with more money.

If Marc opts in, they will need to move MGK, Batum, and Zeller

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Didn't realize he is from Spain. uh-oh.

GTF, if the return for Marc is decent enough (although with Wallace around, I don't see how it could be), would you entertain keeping Mike?   He is a seasoned PG who can get his own shot in crunch time and he actually likes it here in MEM, or do you have to get rid of him as well in your rebuild scenario?

13 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If I was Kemba and had a choice of NY and CHO I'm staying in Charlotte.

3 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

GTF, if the return for Marc is decent enough (although with Wallace around, I don't see how it could be), would you entertain keeping Mike?   He is a seasoned PG who can get his own shot in crunch time and he actually likes it here in MEM, or do you have to get rid of him as well in your rebuild scenario?

You need to get rid of him in this scenario.   We are in rebuild mode and he is playing AllStar level with a bidding war for his services at age 31.    Just because he is a good guy doesn't mean he wants to stick around for this.   I am sure he wants to go to a team that will compete in playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Marc not in lineup

Well, CHA is playing everyone rumored in the trade. Strange thing is, sounds like Marc's locker has been cleaned out

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You need to get rid of him in this scenario.   We are in rebuild mode and he is playing AllStar level with a bidding war for his services at age 31.    Just because he is a good guy doesn't mean he wants to stick around for this.   I am sure he wants to go to a team that will compete in playoffs. 

I hear ya.  That's one thing I do respect Marc for.  He wanted to stay and he knew what was ahead of the team.  He told the team he wanted to stay.   But I do see the necessity in getting assets for him.

If Mike is the subject of a bidding war, Im surprised he is playing at all as fragile as Mike can be with his small frame

11 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If I was Kemba and had a choice of NY and CHO I'm staying in Charlotte.

Brooklyn has plenty of space too and is actually going in right direction now

18 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, CHA is playing everyone rumored in the trade. Strange thing is, sounds like Marc's locker has been cleaned out

Apparently Marc cleaned out his own locker. He's expecting a trade, heck he's probably been expecting it since meeting with Pera.

This does feel like it's goin to hit a snag. We're not going over the tax, highly doubt the Hornets are willing to either. If it ain't Gasol for Batum then it can only be Biyombo+Kaminsky/Monk/Lamb. I'm thinking Charlotte ain't so willing to give up either Monk or Lamb.

4 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Think maybe Carter is involved in the trade he is still on the bench

Well, there goes your theory

This is crazy 

Is Marc officially out on the out list or are they just not playing him? it would be friggen hilarious if they had him start the 3Q. LOL.