JWill4L

Hornets in strong discussions to get Marc, per Shams

19 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

IMO, this is making a trade just to make a trade and it's stupid but par for the course with the Grizzlies, especially under Wallace. No one is overvaluing Marc, one of my reasons for not wanting to trade him now (other than i want Wallace fired first) is that he won't bring back much. Why take another team's trash?

Getting a draft pick and young prospect is good haul in any trade in the NBA.   We have let our dudes walk for 6yrs and where has that left us????  We are precisely in this situation because of your logic.    Again what are we going to do with the capspace???   

Just say you want Marc to retire a Grizz that makes more sense than your argument.  

Marc AllTime Grizz leader and franchise player was acquired in a trade you would've shot down.    

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Getting a draft pick and young prospect is good haul in any trade in the NBA.   We have let our dudes walk for 6yrs and where has that left us????  We are precisely in this situation because of your logic.    Again what are we going to do with the capspace???   

Just say you want Marc to retire a Grizz that makes more sense than your argument.  

Marc AllTime Grizz leader and franchise player was acquired in a trade you would've shot down.    

Didn't we absorb ZBos contract? There's a lot of  things you can do with cap space and I just don't understand the defeatist attitude.

He’s still good but not great...we aren’t going to win with him, so it’s smart to get something back.

As an aside, Monk is as good or better that what we’d get in the draft this year. My wish list is Monk+Bridges+future 1st and filler for $$$ (Biyombo). Doubt we get both Monk and Bridges but it’s a win if we do. Couple it with a 21 1st and I’m happy

40 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

How do you know its trash if you haven't seen it yet?

Thats what i am saying.

IMO getting Lamb would be killer tradr for us. Lamb and a pick even better.

Monk would certainly come with a pick attached also.

7 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Didn't we absorb ZBos contract? There's a lot of  things you can do with cap space and I just don't understand the defeatist attitude.

Its still possible to have capspace going into the summer.     Conley's Utah deal brings back players that get paid less than he does.   JaM, Omri, Temple, Holiday, and Mack are all expiring.     Capspace already has his jersey on but just on inactive list.     No need to go search for something you already have. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Its still possible to have capspace going into the summer.     Conley's Utah deal brings back players that get paid less than he does.   JaM, Omri, Temple, Holiday, and Mack are all expiring.     Capspace already has his jersey on but just on inactive list.     No need to go search for something you already have. 

That's five players to replace.  Most of those expirings are vet minimums.  None are big contracts.  Now what big contract are you going to absorb with that and still fill out a roster?

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

That's five players to replace.  Most of those expirings are vet minimums.  None are big contracts.  Now what big contract are you going to absorb with that and still fill out a roster?

What Big Contract do you want during a rebuild year??  You wanna throw 150M at Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler?     Or are you saying we need that capspace to absorb a bad contract to get a draft pick??  Basically what they are doing right now. 

Think the argument all the way thru.  

I’d be surprised if we got anywhere close to what’s been put out there. MG has to be viewed as a rental to them, thus not giving up much to acquire him.

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I’d be surprised if we got anywhere close to what’s been put out there. MG has to be viewed as a rental to them, thus not giving up much to acquire him.

I was just looking at their roster, and because of your point, I'm wondering that MKG is going to be included.

Which would be bad, because he has a player option, and the way he has been playing, he'll definitely opt in.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Another way this could go is Biyombo+Monk+MKG for Gasol+ either Temple or JaM

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Heard there is a detail that is holding up the deal but it still hasn't been resolved

They don't wanna give up Monk

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

What Big Contract do you want during a rebuild year??  You wanna throw 150M at Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler?     Or are you saying we need that capspace to absorb a bad contract to get a draft pick??  Basically what they are doing right now. 

Think the argument all the way thru.  

I'm saying your argument is a poor counter to ODK's comment.  Besides, I have trouble thinking any of your ideas are helpful.  Nearly every action you campaigned for eventually came true...   and made us a worse team going back to your campaign to dump Hollins.:angry:

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

True but the pressure is on MJ to show Kemba they are doing something/anything right now.

Otherwise Kemba goes to NYK and then the Hornets become bottom feeders

hopefully we get some youth / picks  not to worried if its bathum /marrvin etc but i think we get a C

5 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Heard there is a detail that is holding up the deal but it still hasn't been resolved

Does MJ want an extra box of Cohibas?

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Wallace better not capitulate and get shafted

2 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I'm watching the Clippers against Charlotte, and Batum, Biyombo and Monk are all playing.

They could still get pulled from the court

3 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I'm watching the Clippers against Charlotte, and Batum, Biyombo and Monk are all playing.

Kaminsky, Hernangomez and Graham haven't entered the game and they are at halftime.

3 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Kaminsky, Hernangomez and Graham haven't entered the game and they are at halftime.

Kaminsky is a regular DNP-CD

Graham rarely plays

Hernangomez usually does play, so that may mean something.

4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Wallace better not capitulate and get shafted

Wallace is in his office desperately trying to figure out how he can give CHA some second round picks in like 2025, 2026 and 2027.   If you trade with Wallace, you are going to get picks.   Maybe a 1st until he has given them all away and then he moves to the 2nd rounders.