JWill4L

Hornets in strong discussions to get Marc, per Shams

I wonder what it will get us in return. Hopefully Monk, but probably won't happen. I assume Biyombo is going to be in any trade. I know they dangled Kaminsky to get rid of Batum, but not sure that would be enough for us. 

6 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This is a recipe for giving Boston a top 4 pick in 2021.

The only thing that will take Memphis out of the top 5 in the next two years is winning the lottery this year. 

Our FO has finally realized you don't have to have a top tier payroll when you're gonna be terrible.

They better not accept CHA's trash but they probably will. CHA has one good player and a bunch of meh, ok type guys. Any trade should involve a 1st round pick, Miles and then whatever trash they want to throw our way. Quite honestly, Monk and Lamb don't do anything for me but I would accept Monk, Miles, Biyombo and a 1st for Marc. 

5 minutes ago, Grizzly_Bear said:

There's literally no one on that team I'd want besides Kemba and obviously, they aren't parting with him. We're about to get some trash back.

And that's probably why they are dealing with CHA. probably the only realistic deal they could find and it gives us trash players back, better have at least 1 1st round pick.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I mean did y'all really think we are getting some bonafide surefire lottery talent for 34y old Moody Marc???   Seriously.

No, that's why I said stand pat until we get a new GM. Making a trade and taking on another team's trash doesn't make me feel good. Making a trade just to make a trade does nothing for me.The Hornets have already won this trade and it's not even done yet. These are the type of deals i expected and that's why I said just stand pat until we get a new GM.

Sounds like he was getting more frustrated than i originally thought, so he probably would have walked this off-season anyway.  We should have just let the salary fall off instead of doing this. 

I mean did y'all really think we are getting some bonafide surefire lottery talent for 34y old Moody Marc???   Seriously.

I figured his value would be relatively low due to age and the fact that he's a sloth and most teams want to play fast pace. However, this is worst than expected. Maybe there's a 3rd team involved. But if we're only dealing with Charlotte...man...this seems bad.

Boohoo

A 1st round pick is most likely in play. That’s all that matters....if we get Monk,  it’s a plus. Gasol is a solid center, not a star and is declining 

Hopefully a pick is involved

Secondly, hopefully its Monk and not Bridges.

If there's no pick, and no Monk or Bridges it will be a bad deal

Looks like this is the end of the road for Marc in Memphis

Unless of course its part of the Grand Master Plan - get traded to Charlotte, opts out at the end of the season, and return to Memphis on cheap salary + 1st pick + Monk/Bridges.......

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

No, that's why I said stand pat until we get a new GM. Making a trade and taking on another team's trash doesn't make me feel good. Making a trade just to make a trade does nothing for me.The Hornets have already won this trade and it's not even done yet. These are the type of deals i expected and that's why I said just stand pat until we get a new GM.

Sounds like he was getting more frustrated than i originally thought, so he probably would have walked this off-season anyway.  We should have just let the salary fall off instead of doing this. 

3 minutes ago, Grizzly_Bear said:

I figured his value would be relatively low due to age and the fact that he's a sloth and most teams want to play fast pace. However, this is worst than expected. Maybe there's a 3rd team involved. But if we're only dealing with Charlotte...man...this seems bad.

Uhmm Ya'll mustve confused all the  tall white dudes playing basketball in your heads.   This is Marc "34y old i want offense ran thru me but i don't want to have to shoot and i'll be damned if a run" Gasol  not Kristaps Porzingas.     Either way it goes he was NOT going to return much.   Getting a serviceable player on a deal that expires next seaon,  young scoring prospect, and a draft pick is the max we were ever going to get.    

Uhmm Ya'll mustve confused all the  tall white dudes playing basketball in your heads.   This is Marc "34y old i want offense ran thru me but i don't want to have to shoot and i'll be damned if a run" Gasol  not Kristaps Porzingas.     Either way it goes he was NOT going to return much.   Getting a serviceable player on a deal that expires next seaon,  young scoring prospect, and a draft pick is the max we were ever going to get.    

Who said Marc was going to get more back than this? This is the type of trash deal that I would expect and that's why I would have chosen to not trade him at all and let him leave in the summer. Why do people always try to make up arguments on this board?

IMO, this is making a trade just to make a trade and it's stupid but par for the course with the Grizzlies, especially under Wallace. No one is overvaluing Marc, one of my reasons for not wanting to trade him now (other than i want Wallace fired first) is that he won't bring back much. Why take another team's trash?

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Who said Marc was going to get more back than this? This is the type of trash deal that I would expect and that's why I would have chosen to not trade him at all and let him leave in the summer. Why do people always try to make up arguments on this board?

IMO, this is making a trade just to make a trade and it's stupid but par for the course with the Grizzlies, especially under Wallace. No one is overvaluing Marc, one of my reasons for not wanting to trade him now (other than i want Wallace fired first) is that he won't bring back much. Why take another team's trash?

A 1st round pick is worth it

Monk ain’t trash but whatever 

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Or perhaps it's because everyone in the league knows how much of a joke our front office is. They've been made to look like buffoons time and time again. Why stop now? You routinely make bad trades, draft bad players, and botch deals, you're going to get taken for suckers.