BigHunkALove

Jaren's Future....is it PF or C? And who is his best fit partners

16 minutes ago, guillermo said:

Trae's been pretty bad all season until recently. His PER is under 15. He shoots 31% from 3. Meh. 

Maybe revisit this topic in 5-10 years otherwise you are just Monday morning quarterbacking the '18 draft halfway through first year acting like babies

he's also putting up 7.6 assist , and 3.3 boards .   he's had one bad month when his shot wasn't falling . him and JJJ both had a slow month and both have bounced back showing why both teams should be pretty excited with what they have .

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, IdrinkGuinness said:

he's also putting up 7.6 assist , and 3.3 boards .   he's had one bad month when his shot wasn't falling . him and JJJ both had a slow month and both have bounced back showing why both teams should be pretty excited with what they have .

I assume when we get back from the All Star Break JJJ is going to be the guy?

Might be an unpopular opinion, but if thinking about short term, JJJ is definitely not ready to be "THE" guy in my opinion. He is certainly good already and with a ton of potential moving forward, but he is far from being it right now. However, if we are thinking long term, it is probably prudent to almost force feed him and sort of make him learn through "trial by fire". I was never a fan of tanking and/or coddling a player, so to me it seems that Grizz should always strive to win more games and therefore should not force feed JJJ but rather look for opportunities to do that, I.e. if the Grizz have a comfortable lead we can force feed JJJ and so on. But I realize it is an unpopular opinion and tanking is currently trendy and what people wanna do, and that's fine. I just don't want JJJ's story to resemble Bargnani for the Raptors, where he was a 1st pick and was coddled and force fed and all that and turned out absolutely terribly. It is good for players to fight for their rights on the team, instead of having everything brought on a silver platter, IMO. 

11 hours ago, Just Passing By said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but if thinking about short term, JJJ is definitely not ready to be "THE" guy in my opinion. He is certainly good already and with a ton of potential moving forward, but he is far from being it right now. However, if we are thinking long term, it is probably prudent to almost force feed him and sort of make him learn through "trial by fire". I was never a fan of tanking and/or coddling a player, so to me it seems that Grizz should always strive to win more games and therefore should not force feed JJJ but rather look for opportunities to do that, I.e. if the Grizz have a comfortable lead we can force feed JJJ and so on. But I realize it is an unpopular opinion and tanking is currently trendy and what people wanna do, and that's fine. I just don't want JJJ's story to resemble Bargnani for the Raptors, where he was a 1st pick and was coddled and force fed and all that and turned out absolutely terribly. It is good for players to fight for their rights on the team, instead of having everything brought on a silver platter, IMO. 

agreed ... partially ;)

I have seen instances where the talking heads say something along the lines of

'something something something destroyed the young guy's already fragile confidence ...' 

' a not fully physically developed young man playing against full grown men who are chomping at the bit to 'welcome' yung'uns to the league'

So ... yeah - I think he definitely  is going to be rushed into a role that he my not yet ready for ... but then - how does he get ready if not by getting reps ?

I guess I agree NO CODDLING ...

But - yes feed him again and again and again ... he gets it or he doesn't .

I mean ... what did we really have to lose? 

Compare that to what we stand to gain .

Even if its just proof that says - nope. not the guy... need to keep looking 

It MAY end up as WOW - had Marc and Mike been allowed to keep going with the 'hot potato two man game ->  we may not have had the chance to see him go get it.

Now -He's got his chance - deservedly or not ... you don't get drafted that high to be a role player. 

I wanna see what he's capable of.

I want to see him WIN ... and I really believe he CAN !