BigHunkALove

Jaren's Future....is it PF or C? And who is his best fit partners

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

What do y'all think of JJJ's fit next to Wiseman, who we are getting next year?

Wiseman reminds me of a bouncier Bol Bol but not as tall and without a shot.  

38 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Wiseman reminds me of a bouncier Bol Bol but not as tall and without a shot.  

Really? I see them as the exact opposite kind of player. Have you seen the intensity Wiseman plays with? That’s what Bol lacks and is why he won’t be any good.

31 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Really? I see them as the exact opposite kind of player. Have you seen the intensity Wiseman plays with? That’s what Bol lacks and is why he won’t be any good.

Neither are built like Shaq. Wiseman isn't the shooter that Jaren is.

Both are probably "featured bigs". Jaren is a pick and pop guy while Wiseman looks like an ideal pick and roll big (put him with Luka).  Guys like that might get in each other's way on the same team.  

Not to say a JJJ/Wiseman combo wouldn't work but I wouldn't convey the pick this year since I like this draft.  

I think Jaren is longer and maybe even taller or as tall as Wiseman.  Probably the same weight at the same point but I think jaren has put on some weight/muscle.

If we luck into him next year fine but I am cool with Jaren/Rabb/JV along with a wing/point guard in this year's draft.

Just now, The REF said:

Is it just me or does his game reminds me of the Miami Heat - Chris Bosh?

Thats not a bad comp at all.  He can defend perimeter,  shoot 3s, and create off the bounce.   Only difference was Bosh was actually a good rebounder but the way he was used hurt that in MIA.  

Is Jaren the starting PF or C?    I know on offense he is playing in most of Marc's spots but technically Marc played like a PF.    Rabb plays closer to the basket and gobbles up the rebounds like a Center.    Are they both (Rabb and JJJ) just playing hybrid Big positions?

I like him at PF, if he could turn into a Chris Bosh man, the Grizzlies have a steal on their hands.  Not pair him with another great C.

47 minutes ago, The REF said:

I like him at PF, if he could turn into a Chris Bosh man, the Grizzlies have a steal on their hands.  Not pair him with another great C.

I am just trying to figure out which position does he have the greatest mismatch potential.   Smart coach would always pair Jaren with a player that can allow him to exploit the mismatch.      For example when playing against OKC have Jonas start so that Adams can't check Jaren.   When playing UTAH play Rabb so Jaren can exploit Gorbert.  

Jaren  will be a center.
Who you can guard on defense defines your position. When  he adds 20 pounds given his length he will be a formidable obstacle to the Embids, KATs and the like in the middle. That's where we want him- defending the rim and within reach of defensive rebounds.
Based on this, he is best paired with a versitile 4.

Let's see what combo works best: Jaren with Rabb or JV.  If Rabb and JV are the best big man combo then play those two as much as possible with Jaren playing with either Noah or Bruno.  

I think Jaren and Conley are basically our options 1 and 1a on offense.  Jaren should guard the other team's best front court player (I might even try him some on Harden and Luka), our top weak side shot blocker and a secondary rebounder.  Rabb is the better rebounder.  JV is a good rebounder too.  Let's put guys in their best position -- let's set them up to win.  Our best (classic) rim protector could be Bruno for all we know. He's long, bouncy, and we probably don't care if he gets into foul trouble.   If he is on the court with some combination of Jaren, Ivan, or JV then he can afford to chase blocks since we have some good rebounding potential in there.

Yeah, I think Bruno should actually be our rim running dunk artist and rim-protecting shot blocker with team defense, rebounding, and 3 point shooting being icing on the cake. 

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Let's see what combo works best: Jaren with Rabb or JV.  If Rabb and JV are the best big man combo then play those two as much as possible with Jaren playing with either Noah or Bruno.  

I think Jaren and Conley are basically our options 1 and 1a on offense.  Jaren should guard the other team's best front court player (I might even try him some on Harden and Luka), our top weak side shot blocker and a secondary rebounder.  Rabb is the better rebounder.  JV is a good rebounder too.  Let's put guys in their best position -- let's set them up to win.  Our best (classic) rim protector could be Bruno for all we know. He's long, bouncy, and we probably don't care if he gets into foul trouble.   If he is on the court with some combination of Jaren, Ivan, or JV then he can afford to chase blocks since we have some good rebounding potential in there.

Yeah, I think Bruno should actually be our rim running dunk artist and rim-protecting shot blocker with team defense, rebounding, and 3 point shooting being icing on the cake. 

I’m sure he could improve but not sure I want him guarding Harden quite yet..............

20 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I’m sure he could improve but not sure I want him guarding Harden quite yet..............

bull 

china shop

Kleber from DAL would be fantastic but i think he's going to have a nice payday .

Val + Rabb  getting boards . Rabb keeps improving and maybe bulks up  

jjj , Kebler , as 3 & d guys that can block shots like crazy and step out and guard 

https://streamable.com/oxfbd

https://streamable.com/vk22o

https://streamable.com/bivbx

https://streamable.com/gi4x9

i wanna see what SKal can do in Portland , he has all the tools so i'm going to assume he's still catching up, low Iq hasn't put in  the work or something . he has one of the nicest jumpshots you will ever see and thats about it so far lol .

I really Like Layman from Portland  . talk about a guy that only takes shots that would make morey drool . 

slippery guy that can use cuts and get easy buckets  , 3pt range . athletic  enough

Screen_Shot_2019_02_08_at_4.16.04_PM.png

swish.png

this dude is slipeery as all get out , back door cuts 

couple highlight vids since they are so insightful 😂

https://streamable.com/egng8

Just now, dy_dy_dynomite said:

I'd like us to take a look at marquese chriss

here ya go !

Anybody think RJ Barrett can be a full-time point guard in the NBA?

He and Jaren could form a nifty two man game.  

If not, trade down in the draft for some prototypes and different positions: De'Andre Hunter as a 3 and D small forward, maybe Tyler Herro as a 2 guard.  Tre Jones as a prototype floor general and future Mike Conley replacement.  

Ja Morant could be the ideal guy to put with Jaren too (assuming we don't get Zion).  Who knows?  Ja is an aggressive, alpha point guard who can pass and likes to slash.  Super raw but the upside is there.

Right now, I would assume that the rotation of front line guys that we have now with Jonas, Ivan, Bruno, Kyle, Noah, and even Washburn perfectly complements Jaren.  Just mix/match. Maybe even Parsons. 

If we can't land the perfect, ideal mega star to put next to Jaren I say that we should continue to Moneyball it.

Charles Barkley named Jaren @ number 2 of the best rookies.

Barkley has always managed to throw a little love our way.

i love barkley  , i got to watch him golf at stonebridge many years ago . dude was cussing up a storm in front of kids not the greatest thing but it was funny as hell to my young *** and i've loved him ever since .

he stopped cussing after a few other parents complained ,  i doubt they have ever golfed  cause i've never seen anyone not CUSS lol .

6 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Well he may be the second best rookie, but he ain’t getting playing time in this gmae

Huh?

Oh, It must be a cloned mirage imposter wearing #13 Jackson who nailed those two 3s 

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Huh?

Oh, It must be a cloned mirage imposter wearing #13 Jackson who nailed those two 3s 

They played him a grand total of 15 minutes. And while it looks even across the board it was for short spurts. Didn’t play until the 4th quarter and only for 3 minutes 

4 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

They played him a grand total of 15 minutes. And while it looks even across the board it was for short spurts. Didn’t play until the 4th quarter and only for 3 minutes 

How's the Hawks' boards going?

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

:lol:I don't think he got it.

Well I was talking about how I mainly wished they played him more. He only got 3 minutes in the second half of the game. 

But if we want to talk about the Hawks, who have won more games then us since December.... and have a rookie who got rookie of the month last month with avgs of 18 and 8 and a February that sees him so far avg 19 and 10 then we can. 

Thats up to you.