Ole Dirty Klondike

Mavs Getting the Unicorn Porzingis

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Just leaving this here...

That's literally the most embarrassing draft board I've ever seen.

I know he's a true Griz fan but I sincerely hope dude doesn't bombard us with his written diarrhea this draft season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grizball said:

Risky trade for Dallas for giving up two 1st, likely high lottery picks, plus DSR and expiring contracts for an oft injured KP. I think NYK has done well in this trade.

Likely lottery picks???? They have the best teenage player in the NBA since LeBron James. You really think they won't be making the playoffs 3-5 years down the road???????

 

And to all the people who keep saying that Porzingis wasn't going to resign in NY, please list all the players that turned down a max extension coming off a rookie deal. Let me know who turned that down. He was resigning. NY may not wanted to commit that to him. That's a different argument. But Porzingis was resigning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Just leaving this here...

I wish I could find my FINAL board with Mitchell Robinson at 1, and I had moved Doncic up a bit.  JJJ went into free fall though.  All the way down to 33.  I can't get a good feel for Jaren, yet.  In my final mother of all mocks I had Sexton at 4, Mikal at 5, and Bamba at 6.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grizball said:

The interesting thing is how this trade and the potential AD trade (probably wait till the summer) will affect us. I am not talking about the trade market for Mike & Marc, but how will it affect the standing this season? Will the Mavs and the Pels get worse? Do we have a better chance now to get the 9th pick to convey to Boston? I may be wrong but I feel that we have a better chance now IF we can get some minor trades done (Temple, Green, Holiday) and more importantly just fire JB and get a new coach (Stack as interim coach)....

That's what I'm thinking. If the Pels trade Davis both them and the Mags are worse this season than before. We'd only need to be better than two of Det/Orl/Wsh/Nop/Dal, tough but doable. Stay the course and fight to convey that draft pick, move some expirings for someone that can help now and in the future, and then worry bout moving Gasol n Conley in the off-season. It'll be easier to trade them then and Marc isn't just gonna leave the team for nothing he wouldn't do that to Memphis. He'll either pick up his option, sign an extension or do a sign+trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

That's literally the most embarrassing draft board I've ever seen.

I know he's a true Griz fan but I sincerely hope dude doesn't bombard us with his written diarrhea this draft season...

See also: Gonzo Lotto 16.0 (just posted).

This draft is top heavier (basically 1 guy), lacks fewer high Tier 2 guys but has more Tier 3 players.  

So far this year: some guys are putting up monster stats.  Others, less so.  Some guys probably have solid advanced stats (Mikal Bridges) although none of the guys are leading their teams into the playoffs (although there is a lot of basketball to be played).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knicks getting two 1st rounders in this trade also, so I don't think this is bad on their part. 

They HAVE to get at least one of the big free agents. If they don't then this was terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Knicks getting two 1st rounders in this trade also, so I don't think this is bad on their part. 

They HAVE to get at least one of the big free agents. If they don't then this was terrible. 

Hmm, that is a little more palettable with two firsts included, but you're right.  If they don't wind up netting at least one big name in free agency then this trade looks horrendous for them.  If it were me at that point, I think I'd have almost just rather let him leave for nothing.  Then at least that way the fans might blame Kristaps rather than blame the franchise.  Then again, I think DSJ is super overhyped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Hmm, that is a little more palettable with two firsts included, but you're right.  If they don't wind up netting at least one big name in free agency then this trade looks horrendous for them.  If it were me at that point, I think I'd have almost just rather let him leave for nothing.  Then at least that way the fans might blame Kristaps rather than blame the franchise.  Then again, I think DSJ is super overhyped.

...or blame Fizdale. 

Porzingis does not like him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cdp said:

That's what I'm thinking. If the Pels trade Davis both them and the Mags are worse this season than before. We'd only need to be better than two of Det/Orl/Wsh/Nop/Dal, tough but doable. Stay the course and fight to convey that draft pick, move some expirings for someone that can help now and in the future, and then worry bout moving Gasol n Conley in the off-season. It'll be easier to trade them then and Marc isn't just gonna leave the team for nothing he wouldn't do that to Memphis. He'll either pick up his option, sign an extension or do a sign+trade.

 

Obviously it depends on what the team would get back, but this is pretty much how I feel about getting off that Celtics pick.

The grizzlies sit 6th and 11th pick is 3 games away and includes the restructuring pelicans and Mavs in front of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Father Pat said:

What was there to worry about? He's on the last year of his rookie deal. This is just more of the usual Dolan stupidity. Knick fans should have been boycotting that idiot of an owner years ago. 

Wild stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 3:42 PM, BigHunkALove said:

...or blame Fizdale. 

Porzingis does not like him

fiz is the lane kiffin of nba coaching. he's talks a great game, but what has he done from the head coaching position?

i was never a fiz fan. 

 

slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

fiz is the lane kiffin of nba coaching. he's talks a great game, but what has he done from the head coaching position?

i was never a fiz fan. 

 

slim.

Apt comparison.   People do love slick talkers tho.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mavs really rolled the dice on KP. Since they already owe a first rounder to the Hawks, the Mavs might be behind the 8 ball if Porzingas comes back anything less than a 2nd tier MVP candidate.  

They might have already blown up the championship window for the Luka Show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gradey said:

Wild stuff.

Yup. In the past 20 years under owner Dolan, the Knicks have had 12 head coaches, 8 G.M. changes, and 15 losing seasons. Karma demands that they do not get the #1 pick this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Mavs really rolled the dice on KP. Since they already owe a first rounder to the Hawks, the Mavs might be behind the 8 ball if Porzingas comes back anything less than a 2nd tier MVP candidate.  

They might have already blown up the championship window for the Luka Show. 

Luka's 19. The last pick Dallas owes is from the 2023 draft. Luka will be 23 then. How the hell they've already blown their championship window lol

Loving your hot takes man. You're the Stephen A. Smith of this board. And that's not a compliment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Luka's 19. The last pick Dallas owes is from the 2023 draft. Luka will be 23 then. How the hell they've already blown their championship window lol

Loving your hot takes man. You're the Stephen A. Smith of this board. And that's not a compliment.

Plus we know that the ACL is not a career killer at his age. Now that they have an attractive duo, Mavs will just use their cap room to carry them home from this point. I could see Lilliard or CJ coming through there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Plus we know that the ACL is not a career killer at his age. Now that they have an attractive duo, Mavs will just use their cap room to carry them home from this point. I could see Lilliard or CJ coming through there.

I mean, there's a non-zero risk that he never recovers fully but I'd say it's pretty small (especially considering the Mavs' medical staff is one of the best.) But even if the worst case scenario happens it won't be a franchise killer move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I mean, there's a non-zero risk that he never recovers fully but I'd say it's pretty small (especially considering the Mavs' medical staff is one of the best.) But even if the worst case scenario happens it won't be a franchise killer move.

The Mavs gave up an UNPROTECTED 2021 first round pick.

I think they are SOL in adding another stud rookie.  I ALSO think they are SOL if they think a mega star like Greek Freak or Anthony Davis is gonna sign there.

Young/youthful combos far better than Luka/Damaged Goods Krusty Parsonszingas never won the big one: Olajuwon/Sampson, Penny/Shaq, Stockton/Malone, even West/Baylor as a two-man combo were repeatedly denied.

It looks like the Mavs are trying to put together a Big 3 like LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, but, man, it's gonna be hard to get that third guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Yup. In the past 20 years under owner Dolan, the Knicks have had 12 head coaches, 8 G.M. changes, and 15 losing seasons. Karma demands that they do not get the #1 pick this year.

SO of course they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

SO of course they will.

If the Grizzlies DO NOT get the top pick then I wanna get rid of the suspense as quickly as possible and just end up with 5-8.

"Now the final 3 picks are between the Bulls, the Knicks, and the Grizzlies."

Commercial break.

"The Knicks get the 3rd pick. Now the top pick is between the Bulls and Grizzlies."

Commercial break.

That's too many commercial breaks for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now