Ole Dirty Klondike

Mavs Getting the Unicorn Porzingis

20 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Knicks got two firsts, DSJ, and cap space for an oft-injured 7-3 guy who wasn't resigning.

That's a great trade for them

KP is on his rookie deal. There was never any threat of the Knicks losing him to free agency for years. DSJ has been acting like a head case in just his 2nd year in the league. Knicks have had point guards in the past just like that and evidently their F.O. has memory loss issues. 

Knicks with cap space? What NBA player wants to be the next Melo in NY? That F.O. is the most toxic in the league.

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Holy hell I didn't see that coming at all!  What an insane steal for Dallas.  You can't tell me we couldn't have put together a similar package.

Have you looked at this roster? They have a better young asset to offer and more guaranteed cap space.

They wanted the cap space and a young asset.

JJJ is better than DSJ, but what other young asset is there?

They will have $41 mm coming off the payroll guaranteed because of DeAndre and Matthews.

2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I don't understand what New York is doing. Why would Durant come there to play with nobody? WTF is even left on their roster.

NY now has cap space to sign 2 max contract free agents. In fact they have more cap space than any team in the league after moving Lee and Hardaway too.

Also it's been reported Porzingas asked to be traded. They had virtually zero chance to re-sign him and are getting some Mav draft picks as well.

The Knick FO may not be as dumb as some on here are suggesting...

6 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

KP is on his rookie deal. There was never any threat of the Knicks losing him to free agency for years. DSJ has been acting like a head case in just his 2nd year in the league. Knicks have had point guards in the past just like that and evidently their F.O. has memory loss issues. 

Knicks with cap space? What NBA player wants to be the next Melo in NY? That F.O. is the most toxic in the league.

What are you talking about?

KP is a RFA this summer, and he plans on being a FA in 2020. He wasn't signing the $150 million max offer,

What does the previous regime moves have to do with this current one? Dolan is not even involved in the day-to-day operation anymore.

They told him what the plan was from the beginning. He wasn't with it. So they shipped him out.

And may I remind you that he's missed 16,34, and 50 games respectively as a 7-3 guy in his early 20's. I'm a KP fan, but he's a serious health risk

Kornet is listed as probable for NY tonight after missing a couple of weeks with an ankle.

Knicks fan better get used to seeing him.  The kid is their future center now. (for a while)

48 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Have you looked at this roster? They have a better young asset to offer and more guaranteed cap space.

They wanted the cap space and a young asset.

JJJ is better than DSJ, but what other young asset is there?

They will have $41 mm coming off the payroll guaranteed because of DeAndre and Matthews.

I was going to say the same thing. They offered more in expiring contracts and a better prospect than we have, assuming JJJ isn't available. That's before you get to the picks we couldn't offer.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Luka + Hardaway + Porzingod is an awesome core going forward.  

Are you serious? Luka? YES!!! Porzingis? If healthy, absolutely. Hardaway??????? Seriously. The guy is shooting below 40 percent. He's a league average player at best. That is why the Knicks had to give up Porzingis to get another team to take on his contract. If Hardaway is involved in a team's big 3, that team has no chance of winning the title. Hardaway better be your 6th or 7th best player.

1 hour ago, Holidayinn21 said:

What are you talking about?

KP is a RFA this summer, and he plans on being a FA in 2020. He wasn't signing the $150 million max offer,

What does the previous regime moves have to do with this current one? Dolan is not even involved in the day-to-day operation anymore.

They told him what the plan was from the beginning. He wasn't with it. So they shipped him out.

And may I remind you that he's missed 16,34, and 50 games respectively as a 7-3 guy in his early 20's. I'm a KP fan, but he's a serious health risk

What are you talking about???

RFA means KP , at a minimum, signs a Q.O. and stays for 1 more season. Assuming that at least 1 team throws him a decent offer, the Knicks have the option to match. Like I said, there was no real danger of him leaving. There is a big difference between possibility and probability. 

If you want to believe that Dolan isn't involved with the Knick F.O. anymore, knock yourself out. This BS line has been used on and off since Dolan took over. You honestly think the Knick F.O. deals KP without any ownership involvement??? You want to believe the same old lie used over and over again and disregard the past, whatever. It's your choice. 

"They told him what the plan was from the beginning"? Was that when he was drafted and Phil Jackson was going to run things beginning? (Dolan wasn't going to be involved back then either)

"And may I remind you that he's missed..." Riiiight. 23 year old coming off ACL, dump him. Michael Jordan missed 64 games his 2nd year. What were the Bulls thinking.... and there are many other examples. Your 16,34,and 50 games aren't as bad as 12, 26, 13, and 70 streak Conley put together. Conley still looks serviceable and is 8 years older (and making 25 million more per season than KP).

Anyway, when the highest valued NBA franchise hasn't won a championship in over 40 years, and hasn't even been to their conference finals since before the Grizzlies came to Memphis, (darn near 2 decades), you want to ignore their "previous regime moves" which were the moves that at least had them competitive, again, knock yourself out. The Knicks under Dolan ownership (circa 1999) have been nothing but a toxic dumpster fire. 

The heck with the Knicks and Dolan. I'm still laughing at them because they deserve just that. You reap what you sow.

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I cant see why the Knicks wouldnt dangle this package for AD.

That is my first and last thought.   Unless they have some tampering going on with KD and Kyrie. 

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Holy hell I didn't see that coming at all!  What an insane steal for Dallas.  You can't tell me we couldn't have put together a similar package.

I would hope the Grizzlies value their first round picks more than Dallas. Porzingis is coming off a terrible knee injury and New York got a scoring PG and two future first round picks for a player that was going to leave anyway. 

Mid Dallas doesn’t resign him it could go down as one of the worst trades in history. If he stays but isn’t the same player it won’t be much better. Dallas has to hope he comes back as strong as when he left AND they can find a wing player to compliment Luke and Porzingis. It’s a risky play considering they haven’t had a lot of success recruiting free agents and they now have given up three future first round picks in the last nine months.

I've been MIA for a couple days and didn't even hear that KP asked for a trade. Then my coworker just told me about this trade. My jaw is on the floor. The mavs are back.

51 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

It’s a risky play considering they haven’t had a lot of success recruiting free agents and they now have given up three future first round picks in the last nine months.

I think Donk and KP have a lot of respect in this league. I think they'll have people lining up to go there, maybe I'm wrong though.

Risky trade for Dallas for giving up two 1st, likely high lottery picks, plus DSR and expiring contracts for an oft injured KP. I think NYK has done well in this trade.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I would hope the Grizzlies value their first round picks more than Dallas. Porzingis is coming off a terrible knee injury and New York got a scoring PG and two future first round picks for a player that was going to leave anyway. 

Mid Dallas doesn’t resign him it could go down as one of the worst trades in history. If he stays but isn’t the same player it won’t be much better. Dallas has to hope he comes back as strong as when he left AND they can find a wing player to compliment Luke and Porzingis. It’s a risky play considering they haven’t had a lot of success recruiting free agents and they now have given up three future first round picks in the last nine months.

Agreed, there is a lot of risk on Dallas's part, especially if Porzingis has the dreaded chronic knee problems (aka Parsonitis).  There would be some irony if Porzingis does end up missing significant time over the next 4 years while Dallas misses half their 1st round picks. 

But still, it is risk worth taking IMO.

Although, maybe Porzingis has been sandbagging it....

19 minutes ago, Grizball said:

Risky trade for Dallas for giving up two 1st, likely high lottery picks, plus DSR and expiring contracts for an oft injured KP. I think NYK has done well in this trade.

The second first is top 10 protected or it turns into a second round pick.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

I cant see why the Knicks wouldnt dangle this package for AD.

Same with the Mavs. Luka/AD would have been a no brainer. 

Mavs gave up TWO first rounders.  Did they mortgage the future on Euro Bol Bol?

What a strange season. What a strange league.

The interesting thing is how this trade and the potential AD trade (probably wait till the summer) will affect us. I am not talking about the trade market for Mike & Marc, but how will it affect the standing this season? Will the Mavs and the Pels get worse? Do we have a better chance now to get the 9th pick to convey to Boston? I may be wrong but I feel that we have a better chance now IF we can get some minor trades done (Temple, Green, Holiday) and more importantly just fire JB and get a new coach (Stack as interim coach). Of course it would be even better if we can fire Wallace and get a new competent GM but I guess it’s not happening in the season. Anyways I won’t feel too bad if we can’t find a good enough trade for Mike & Marc and stick with them for the rest of the season which I think is quite likely. I’d much rather give Boston the pick and I think the chance of this happening is better than getting good value in return in trades for Mike & Marc.

We can be more competitive if we don’t play Mack, Temple and Green, and just let Bruno, Carter, Rabb and Noah get the minutes. Also run some plays for Jaren and make him the 2nd option on offense. That I think would be good enough to avoid being the bottom 8 teams in the league.

6 hours ago, Father Pat said:

What has DSJ done the suggests he has “been acting like a head case”?

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Same with the Mavs. Luka/AD would have been a no brainer. 

Mavs gave up TWO first rounders.  Did they mortgage the future on Euro Bol Bol?

What a strange season. What a strange league.

Euro Bol Bol. LOL. Hope you don't ever make it into a Front Office or that team is doomed.

1 hour ago, JWill4L said:

Euro Bol Bol. LOL. Hope you don't ever make it into a Front Office or that team is doomed.

Just leaving this here...

On 6/6/2018 at 10:38 PM, ALT GRIND said:

It's my talent big board.  Who I think are the best guys ranked in order.

I am not even sure if the top 4 or 5 teams keep their picks.  I think some will be traded.

Another thought: say a REAL NBA franchise like the LA Lakers or Boston Celtics ended up with these guys? Who would the top guys be IN ORDER?

So, that's my board.

If the Celtics want Bamba then I need to have him pretty high.

If the Lakers are working out Mitchell Robinson and gave him a promise, I need to have him high on my board, too.

Porter at 4 looks good -- if we are picking there or trading it, although he is the 4th best guy on my board in terms of talent/skill/upset and fit doesn't really factor into this.  

My favorite two guards are still Sexton (3) and Donte (6).  They are go-to alphas with some modern NBA stuff thrown in.

I can see myself flipping Trae (8), Carter (10), and Luka (14) every other day -- with both Carter and Luka moving down a bit in my Big Board Lotto.

Full Draft Big Board Lotto 44.0

1. Mohamed Bamba

2. Mitchell Robinson -- when the going gets odd, the odds get better!

3. Collin Sexton

4. Pistol Porter

5. Ayton

6. Air Donte dba Donte Inferno

7. The Bag Man

8. Traesanity

9. Mikal Bridges

10. Carter

11. Jar Jar Binks

12. Miles Bridges

13. Kostas Freak

14. Luka Doncic -- combo of him being somewhat slow and this draft being somewhat deep although it will probably turn into more of a BOOM/BUST draft.  Draftniks at Real GM have him as a GUARD?  NOPE! He either plays as a Point Combo Forward (position I just created) or his value next year will be much, much lower than expected.  

Next in: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Next 5: Robert Williams III, Moritz Wagner, Melvin Frazier, Kevin Knox, Omari Spellman

Out: Grayson Allen

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Just leaving this here...

I was gonna quote one of those post of the infamous ALT GRIND Big Board but pretty lazy to look for it at work.

I remember he was pretty high on Rob Gray I believe. He ended up going undrafted, signed with the Rockets to play the summer league. Result: eighteen minutes played in Vegas, two points, two assists and two turnovers in two games lol

He had Mitchell Robinson first and Kostas Antetokounmpo second on his final mock too. And we moan about Chris Wallace. Imagine this dude as GM of the Grizzlies. Team would end up in North Dakota after the product he would display on the court.