Sadly, I think this team has put itself in a position where they have to trade Gasol before tomorrow. They are at the point of no return- it seems as if they told him last night he would be traded, his locker was cleared (probably by himself), he left at halftime, the national media expects him gone, and he didn't travel with the team to OKC. if they don't trade this dude now, it will make the Brooks/Selden and Parsons situations look like a warm up event. The sad thing about it is that it takes away any leverage the Grizz may have had (if they had any at all). Similar to that Selden/Brooks fiasco, other teams know we want to dump him now and basically can't keep him. 

This was played horribly. i still think that getting cap space would be more valuable than the junk we may get back from Charlotte. 

27 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Sadly, I think this team has put itself in a position where they have to trade Gasol before tomorrow. They are at the point of no return- it seems as if they told him last night he would be traded, his locker was cleared (probably by himself), he left at halftime, the national media expects him gone, and he didn't travel with the team to OKC. if they don't trade this dude now, it will make the Brooks/Selden and Parsons situations look like a warm up event. The sad thing about it is that it takes away any leverage the Grizz may have had (if they had any at all). Similar to that Selden/Brooks fiasco, other teams know we want to dump him now and basically can't keep him. 

This was played horribly. i still think that getting cap space would be more valuable than the junk we may get back from Charlotte. 

not really. I think keeping marc HAS to be an option on the table. But trading him is a high high priority.

4 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Funny how soany people wanted us to make trades yet once we made them, now people are underwhelmed and upset

I am underwhelmed but not upset.  

Jonas V is a solid player and so is Delon Wright.     Hopefully CJ miles and Avery Bradley aren't here past this summer. 

It's a bit of a relief that something was done. Whether it was Mike, Marc, Parsons or Wallace someone really did have to go, and they chose Marc. Is what it is.

2 hours ago, cdp said:

It's a bit of a relief that something was done. Whether it was Mike, Marc, Parsons or Wallace someone really did have to go, and they chose Marc. Is what it is.

Basically they cleaned up there own mess so if a new FO comes aboard they can start from a better position.     If we convey the pick this season then we can truly start fresh in the offseason. 

19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Basically they cleaned up there own mess so if a new FO comes aboard they can start from a better position.     If we convey the pick this season then we can truly start fresh in the offseason. 

What?

30 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I agree...I think they did a decent job of opening up the future for a rebuild while giving a shot at conveying the pick this year.