The Stro Show

Memphis signs Bruno Caboclo to a 10-day

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I don't see JJJ as a center but who knows what the front office is thinking. 

He played Center in college and was drafted as a Center.  Once Jaren gains strength then he can play C easily.  Especially if the idea is for them to play faster like Herrington stated.   Rabb put on 20lbs in 2y so if Jaren puts on 20lb that puts him up to 260lb which is ideal to man the paint on defense. 

Kyle (7'3' wingspan) + Bruno(7'8'wingspan)  + Jaren (7'5'wingspan) would be ridiculous length for the frontcourt

Just acquire a dynamic backcourt either via draft, FA or trade and that is an intriguing group. 

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He played Center in college and was drafted as a Center.  Once Jaren gains strength then he can play C easily.  Especially if the idea is for them to play faster like Herrington stated.   Rabb put on 20lbs in 2y so if Jaren puts on 20lb that puts him up to 260lb which is ideal to man the paint on defense. 

Kyle (7'3' wingspan) + Bruno(7'8'wingspan)  + Jaren (7'5'wingspan) would be ridiculous length for the frontcourt

Just acquire a dynamic backcourt either via draft, FA or trade and that is an intriguing group. 

Kyle, Bruno, and Jevon too don't shoot well enough for my liking although that looks like a nasty bench mob.  

I am not passing on a player on the draft because we have Kyle/Bruno/Jevon or anyone else.  

Our need is in the back court but I could live with Zion. lol He and Jaren can figure it out.  

I would love a long, athletic small forward but I am still not entirely convinced that Cam Reddish and Nassir Little can play basketball. Or at least on a high level.  Romeo, Culver, and even RJ Barrett might be a bit overrated given their hype/draft stock.  

I would consider trading down at some point: a draft night trio of Tre Jones, Kevin Porter, Jr., and Grant Williams could be what the doctor ordered.  

De'Andre Hunter looks good too but he might not be dynamic enough to be a true Tier 1 prospect.

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Just showing you Kyle hasn't always  played SF for the Grizzlies and Rabb has played both.  Circumstances may have dictated it but it still remains true.   Besides my point was Kyle could be the PF going forward when Jaren transitions to the 5 full-time. 

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I don't see JJJ as a center but who knows what the front office is thinking. 

This is actually a very good topic of discussion, and probably deserves a thread of its own, rather than be buried in a completely unrelated thread.

Named to all Midseason All-NBA G-League...which is a funny name to me.

Why not just Midseason All-G-League.

Only one affiliated with the Grizzlies organization to make it (click on pics to see name, if interested).

Just now, Grizzled Vet said:

Named to all Midseason All-NBA G-League...which is a funny name to me.

Why not just Midseason All-G-League.

Only one affiliated with the Grizzlies organization to make it (click on pics to see name, if interested).

RJ Hunter looks hungover

On 2/4/2019 at 7:30 PM, BigHunkALove said:

This is actually a very good topic of discussion, and probably deserves a thread of its own, rather than be buried in a completely unrelated thread.

As a decade and a half primary lurker...  Welcome to the boards.  

Yeah, I know you’re a long time poster yourself...

But our final stand as the last forum attached to the nba affiliate is burying relevant information in megathreads.  Luckily for us, our reddit counterpart “thrives” on memes and has 10% of the intelligent conversation offered here.

I'm excited for Bruno. Watching him against Rudy Gay tonight was fun. If he figures out the offensive end at all, he could be pretty good. He has a decent stroke from 3, just needs consistency. 

Bruno is now signed to a multi year deal. 

Hopefully not for a Parsons sized contract. 

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I thought he was good with JV.  

He looks like a keeper.

47 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Our FO is good at the hard stuff -- bad at the easy stuff.  Higher degree of difficulty the better.  

Give us a pick at 2 and 45 every year and we will end up with the same caliber player at both spots.

1 hour ago, BLUEandGOLD said:

image.png.98ec9c8538d097afcbbeac094a82029d.png

We should give him 4 or 5 years.  If this guy lives up to his potential he is worth $10 million a year.  Maybe even twice that much.  RARE skill set at a coveted position.

We hit a homer -- might as well turn it into a walk-off grand slam.

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

We should give him 4 or 5 years.  If this guy lives up to his potential he is worth $10 million a year.  Maybe even twice that much.  RARE skill set at a coveted position.

We hit a homer -- might as well turn it into a walk-off grand slam.

Please stop. That would be idiotic. 

2 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Please stop. That would be idiotic. 

The minimum for his level?  maybe a couple million a year.  The guy would be an asset.  A really big trade chip.

4 years for $10 million.  Almost nothing but upside for us.  He's worth AT LEAST a million a year.  In a couple of years he could be worth a TON.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

The minimum for his level?  maybe a couple million a year.  The guy would be an asset.  A really big trade chip.

4 years for $10 million.  Almost nothing but upside for us.  He's worth AT LEAST a million a year.  In a couple of years he could be worth a TON.

You said he could be worth 10 million a year, maybe double that. That’s ridiculous. Any team could’ve had him a month ago, not much has changed in 20 days. He is no huge trade chip or anything.