The Stro Show

Memphis signs Bruno Caboclo to a 10-day

back on topic.  I do hope we can find a way to keep Bruno.   Outside of a trade we don't have the ability to take on his salary without going into luxury do we?

Bruno and Holiday are good 3D players to have no matter what other moves we make.   They can fit with any type of roster. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

back on topic.  I do hope we can find a way to keep Bruno.   Outside of a trade we don't have the ability to take on his salary without going into luxury do we?

Bruno and Holiday are good 3D players to have no matter what other moves we make.   They can fit with any type of roster. 

Dang!  I remembered we had a roster spot open and thought maybe it would be possible to sign him for the remainder of the season after the trade deadline, but I forgot how close we were to the tax.

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Dang!  I remembered we had a roster spot open and thought maybe it would be possible to sign him for the remainder of the season after the trade deadline, but I forgot how close we were to the tax.

We got the exception with Dillon can’t we use that?

2 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

We got the exception with Dillon can’t we use that?

It still counts against the cap I'm pretty sure. 

21 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

yea but a trade of JaM or Garrett could give us the room depending on return.   However, both of them being injured.........💀😭

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

yea his shot is awful.  Andrew Harrison levels without the bonus of getting to the line.    He is a hardworker so i have faith he can improve it.   

I'd rather have Harrison, his on ball defense was really good and he was good at chasing players down and blocking shots, although his attitude was lousy.

43 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

yea but a trade of JaM or Garrett could give us the room depending on return.   However, both of them being injured.........💀😭

No trade JMG but I am okay for GT.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Why would they even bring him up if there was no way to keep him?

dang boy looks good compared years ago.

His maturing body now catching up to his potential. Moves better than Brandon Ingram

its only one game

I thought the Grizzlies made a MISTAKE when they let james Johnson go he was and is the perfect role player

49 minutes ago, lions said:

I thought the Grizzlies made a MISTAKE when they let james Johnson go he was and is the perfect role player

James Johnson... Former Raptors draft pick that played for a few teams until grizzlies called signed him in December of 13.  

I don't know if he wanted to stay in Memphis, but it only took Toronto $2.5 mm to sign him as FA.  The grizzlies put their money into Vince that if season, but JJ was a bargain at $2.5.

That 2014 also saw the grizzlies bring in Beasley and Hassan Whiteside into training camp, with both getting a pass (Whiteside twice)

Sometimes guys don't get it until the right place and time. Maybe that time and place is now for Bruno.

12 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

James Johnson... Former Raptors draft pick that played for a few teams until grizzlies called signed him in December of 13.  

I don't know if he wanted to stay in Memphis, but it only took Toronto $2.5 mm to sign him as FA.  The grizzlies put their money into Vince that if season, but JJ was a bargain at $2.5.

That 2014 also saw the grizzlies bring in Beasley and Hassan Whiteside into training camp, with both getting a pass (Whiteside twice)

Sometimes guys don't get it until the right place and time. Maybe that time and place is now for Bruno.

one good signing the grizzlies HAD WAS  CHUCKY ATKINS

TO MANY BAD ONES

Marc said in his interview Caboclo shoots like that it gives the other team somebody else to focus on.

Exactly what I've been saying. Mike and Marc's high pick-and-roll looks better and better when you have players that did what this guy did last night.

I don't think the story from Mike Conley and Marc gasol is over in Memphis just yet. 

Conley is the modern-day John Stockton, the guy does anything to win.

The grizzly just need to figure things out.

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That shouldn't matter to the Knicks if our FO want to make that deal

What kind of deal are the Knicks supposed to be willing to make?

If any kind of deal happens with NYK, make sure they throw Kornet in on it.  A 7-1 stretch-four that's shooting 43% from three this season? He was also a prolific rim protecting shot blocker in college.

The kid has no connection to NYC.  Grew up in Dallas, family lives in Nashville, mom is the channel 4 news anchor there.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Trading contracts for expiring ones.

Trio of Bruno Caboclo, Jaren Jackson, and Hassan Whiteside is a wall of a front court. 

Back them up with the trio of Ivan Rabb, Kyle Anderson, and Joakim Noah and we're formidable. 

Keep the trio of Mike Conley, Shelvin Mack, and Jevon Carter for our defensive backcourt.

15 hours ago, bhoyal said:

If any kind of deal happens with NYK, make sure they throw Kornet in on it.  A 7-1 stretch-four that's shooting 43% from three this season? He was also a prolific rim protecting shot blocker in college.

The kid has no connection to NYC.  Grew up in Dallas, family lives in Nashville, mom is the channel 4 news anchor there.

They've been pretty adamant about not including any sweetener. I'd still do JaM + Temple straight up for THJ.

Apparently, Bruno is in the gym hours beyond the required time, working on his game.

Good size, length and athleticism.

Looks very comfortable shooting from deep.

Have to wonder if he has any driving ability or post game.

Solid defensive instincts - gets lost occasionally but for the most part, he's been solid on that end.

58 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

They've been pretty adamant about not including any sweetener. I'd still do JaM + Temple straight up for THJ.

They could throw in Kornet if they have faith that Porzingas will return to 100% health.   Temple and Hardaway Jr. are both around 35% career from 3.  We already gave away too much for Holiday.  It's time to stop giving away too much.

Jam+Temple for Hardaway AND Kornet.  Stop giving away the farm.

3 hours ago, bhoyal said:

They could throw in Kornet if they have faith that Porzingas will return to 100% health.   Temple and Hardaway Jr. are both around 35% career from 3.  We already gave away too much for Holiday.  It's time to stop giving away too much.

Jam+Temple for Hardaway AND Kornet.  Stop giving away the farm.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kornet could be decent/good. But, there's no way they are going to do it. Temple averages 10.4 PPG, THJ averages 19.5 PPG. I think it might be better to try two different deals, mainly to get picks or young players back. 

I can't see them making any move on Bruno until after the trade deadline because they need as much salary flexibility as possible. Plus they have to have the roster space.

The one thing that may help the Grizzlies keep him is that not a lot of teams have roster space either. Plus, he's still not good at times.

I'm guessing that by March 1, Bruno is on a MarShon type contract somewhere.