The Stro Show

Memphis signs Bruno Caboclo to a 10-day

13 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Isn't he another C? 

Is Gasol going to be out a while? 

6'9" SF.  20th pick overall in 2014.  Didn't pan out for the Raptors.  Appeared in 35 games, one start, 6.1mpg, 1.5ppg, 9ppg per36.  23 years old.

If he was 2 years from being 2 years away 4 years ago, shouldn't he be good by now? 

He plays C in the G League, but he's more of a PF at this level. I'm not sure how he necessarily fixes the wing depth, but they are going to give him a shot I guess. 

42 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

6'9" SF.  20th pick overall in 2014.  Didn't pan out for the Raptors.  Appeared in 35 games, one start, 6.1mpg, 1.5ppg, 9ppg per36.  23 years old.

Oh ok cool. For some reason I thought he was a center. Its the "lightning in the bottle" time of year I see.

max signing

Wallace with pedal to the metal but the car wheels spinning in mud

these are the kinds of signing, a small market team is FORCE to  makes when you  F------ up by signing a max contract  that don't work out

2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

Isn't he another C? 

Is Gasol going to be out a while? 

Peter Edmiston: Marc Gasol will give it a go this afternoon but he is far from 100 percent. He told me his back got progressively worse on Friday, he had limited mobility Saturday, a little more today but he may not be able to do a ton when he’s out there.

49 mins ago  viaTwitter peteredmiston

Well this is the year of being 2 years from being 2 years away...but if the Raps couldn't develop him over 4 years I wouldn't hold out hope that we'll be able to do anything for him.

edit-23 years old played in just 35 games in 4 seasons ..... mind you Whiteside was probably about the same‎ when we signed him.

2 hours ago, cdp said:

Well this is the year of being 2 years from being 2 years away...but if the Raps couldn't develop him over 4 years I wouldn't hold out hope that we'll be able to do anything for him.

edit-23 years old played in just 35 games in 4 seasons ..... mind you Whiteside was probably about the same‎ when we signed him.

So you're saying that after his ten day with us he's going to turn into a star with another team?

Looks like he has improved a lot and has been playing really well in the GL. A much better pickup than Washburn. Should have gone for him with the 2 way spot, but anyways this looks like a good 10 day signing IF he ever gets on the court.

So what if he does good in 10 days, why do we need to sign another C now, when the season is over, and with what capspace?

Be better off trying to find a PG/SG or SF who can actually shoot

I am just speculating here, but signing Caboclo to a 10 day is interesting when you have Yuta and your new two way guy Washburn longing for PT. I understand the Washburn signing because it was the last day for teams to sign any player to a two way contract and they had to make a move. But Caboclo is a different story. He may have improved and but he is still more of a long term project, not the type of veteran you expect they would sign to help you now. I am thinking they are going to move other moves very soon.

Today's FUN FACT straight from Wikipedia...

y1p8od1DN60i_8JIpQvpaEOK89ETF8GktKbhp3gW

A caboclo is a person of mixed Indigenous Brazilian and European ancestry, or a culturally assimilated person of full Amerindian descent. In Brazil, a caboclo generally refers to this specific type of mestiço. A person of mixed Indigenous Brazilian and sub-Saharan black ancestry is known as a "cafuzo".

Bruno Caboclo is an enigma, an outstanding physical specimen who stands 6’9”with a 7’7” wingspan.

Good lord!   Imagine a frontcourt of Bruno, Kyle (7'3' wingspan) , and Jaren (7'4'wingspan).    All freaking Arms!   Then have Justin Holiday(7'0' wingspan)  at the 2 our defense and versatility would be insane.   Of course we would need prime Allen Iverson at the PG in order to score any points on offense.    

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bruno Caboclo is an enigma, an outstanding physical specimen who stands 6’9”with a 7’7” wingspan.

Good lord!   Imagine a frontcourt of Bruno, Kyle (7'3' wingspan) , and Jaren (7'4'wingspan).    All freaking Arms!   Then have Justin Holiday(7'0' wingspan)  at the 2 our defense and versatility would be insane.   Of course we would need prime Allen Iverson at the PG in order to score any points on offense.    

Bruno should have gotten the two way spot instead of Washburn then James nunally just got released by the rockets could have signed him to a 10 day the grizz make stupid moves for no reason whatsoever

17 hours ago, cdp said:

Good lord that quote stuck to him like crazy glue.

9 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Bruno should have gotten the two way spot instead of Washburn then James nunally just got released by the rockets could have signed him to a 10 day the grizz make stupid moves for no reason whatsoever

Totally agree.   He is the type of prospect we should be grabbing instead of wasting time and picks on Holiday.    Heck he is the same age as Dillon so too early to close the book on him.  

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2019/1/17/18187646/bruno-caboclo-ready-nba-toronto-raptors-raptors-905-rio-grande-valley-vipers

Although Caboclo was probably disappointed after getting waived by the Rockets, it definitely didn’t seem to affect him when he started to play with the RGV Vipers. In fact, those struggles he battled in those initial three years seemed to help Caboclo become a more focused player on both ends of the court. In fact, the 6’9 forward might stand as the most well-rounded player in the G League as he’s averaging 16 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.1 steals and 3 blocks on 51% from the field and 42% from beyond the arc on 5.6 attempts per game.