BigHunkALove

Kyle Anderson Injury

2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Stop. Just stop. What are you even trying to do with that team? You ain't making the playoffs in the west with it.

ūüėāūüėāūüėā

11 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Stop. Just stop. What are you even trying to do with that team? You ain't making the playoffs in the west with it.

Playoffs? You kidding me? I just hope we can win another game! lol. This season is all about getting rid of that Boston pick, stay out the bottom 8 by any means necessary because the 2020 and 2021 drafts are looking way more promising than this years draft.

2 minutes ago, cdp said:

Playoffs? You kidding me? I just hope we can win another game! lol. This season is all about getting rid of that Boston pick, stay out the bottom 8 by any means necessary because the 2020 and 2021 drafts are looking way more promising than this years draft.

We can't get out of the bottom 8. Not without getting lottery lucky from teams behind us. We're finishing dead last besides Phoenix in the West. Write that down.

There's only 7 non playoff teams in the East. We're not going to finish ahead of all of them.

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE

56 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

We can't get out of the bottom 8. Not without getting lottery lucky from teams behind us. We're finishing dead last besides Phoenix in the West. Write that down.

There's only 7 non playoff teams in the East. We're not going to finish ahead of all of them.

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE

The Grizzlies are currently tied with Orlando for what would have been 9th in the East, and really until last night, all 7  non playoff teams in the East were behind the Grizzlies, so it is possible, especially since the Mavs are still just 1 game up, especially if teams like the Wolves or Pelicans realize early they have no chance for the playoffs and start "developing the young guys".

People need to realize the team will be in the same situation, or worse, next year and possibly the year after.  We will want that pick later.  

4 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The Grizzlies are currently tied with Orlando for what would have been 9th in the East, and really until last night, all 7  non playoff teams in the East were behind the Grizzlies, so it is possible, especially since the Mavs are still just 1 game up, especially if teams like the Wolves or Pelicans realize early they have no chance for the playoffs and start "developing the young guys".

People need to realize the team will be in the same situation, or worse, next year and possibly the year after.  We will want that pick later.  

The grizzlies are not playing like an 18-22 team though. We're not going to continue that pace. We're going to win at best at a 35-40% clip the rest of the way. We can't keep pace with those eastern conference teams jockeying for playoffs

16 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

The grizzlies are not playing like an 18-22 team though. We're not going to continue that pace. We're going to win at best at a 35-40% clip the rest of the way. We can't keep pace with those eastern conference teams jockeying for playoffs

Im starting to think the only team we are better than is the hawks

Another update:

Anderson will undergo thoracic outlet decompression surgery, a procedure that will remove part of his top right rib, a small bone near the clavicle, in a process meant to remove pressure in that area, which controls muscle movement and feeling in the shoulder.

Anderson is expected to be cleared to resume physical activity later in the summer, with the expectation of full participation when training camp opens for the 2019-2020 season.

Whaaaat. We just can't win when it comes to injuries. This team has bad juju. Trail of tears runs right near the forum, the curse is real. 

Doesnt sound like a huge op if they are saying expected for full training camp.

My question is why did they wait to now to decide to do the op, instead of doing it in Feb and be up 6 weeks on the recovery???

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

My question is why did they wait to now to decide to do the op, instead of doing it in Feb and be up 6 weeks on the recovery???

+1. Another great decision from people in charge.... 

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I was just going to post what you just said. He wasn't playing anyway.

16 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Another update:

Anderson will undergo thoracic outlet decompression surgery, a procedure that will remove part of his top right rib, a small bone near the clavicle, in a process meant to remove pressure in that area, which controls muscle movement and feeling in the shoulder.

Anderson is expected to be cleared to resume physical activity later in the summer, with the expectation of full participation when training camp opens for the 2019-2020 season.

Coukd've done that 2 months ago.

Just now, GameOn said:

I was just going to post what you just said. He wasn't playing anyway.

2 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

+1. Another great decision from people in charge.... 

Its crazy dumb

But then again, I remember when the Gsaol trade went down and the incoming guys weren't yet cleared, there was talk that Anderson could be asked to play to cover the roster shortage.

Like I said, crazy dumb $#!t

I think all were holding out hope that it wouldn't need surgery, so I understand not doing it in February.

But why not in March when it was certain he would not return?  Maybe they really did not know?

The same thing happened with Markelle Fultz, I believe.

Just curios but didn’t they say basically the same thing about Chandler’s knee surgery and Vince Carter’s injury? Seems like every summer they tell us everything will be fine for training camp and it never seems to work out that way. 

Anderson should be all set by training camp so it works

22 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Anderson should be all set by training camp so it works

I believe we were told Parsons would be ready or training camp numerous times. Until I see him performing I will be worried.

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I believe we were told Parsons would be ready or training camp numerous times. Until I see him performing I will be worried.

Totally agree with this.  Injury updates of late, have been like talking to a pathological liar.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:29 AM, CarloJ63 said:

Totally agree with this.  Injury updates of late, have been like talking to a pathological liar.

True I guess but hopeful Anderson isn't as beat up as Parsons is so we have a chance of seeing him by training camp 

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

True I guess but hopeful Anderson isn't as beat up as Parsons is so we have a chance of seeing him by training camp 

thank god its not the knees I would think if a had a injury I would want it above the waist